Pro-abortion? Why?

Nice try. The subject is abortion and abortion is the death of a human being. It's not about choice. You're either for abortion or against abortion.

Nope. I'm for reality. REality- if a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she will find a way not to be pregnant, legal or not, safe or not.
True reality is that women CAN PREVENT pregnancy. Without abortion as birth control, that's what they would be doing. Before Roe v. Wade abortion was rare and so was unwanted pregnancy.

Mansplaining to me how EASY it is to prevent pregnancy ain't gonna cut it asshole. You assume that everyone can take the pill or that it's always effective. No on both scores. If you have a history of heart disease or blood clotting, you should not take the Pill, and if there is history of pelvic or breast cancer in your family.

Pregnancy is NOT easy to prevent, even with the Pill. We are built to reproduce. It's part of the functioning. The "failure" rates for birth control.are much higher than advertized, and the published rates are based on optimal useage. You take the pill every day at the exact same time, and in the exact same manner (with food, or without), every single day. Sounds easy until you get the flu and can't keep anything down for three days, or other things happen to disrupt that "every 24 hours in the same manner without fail". And those are just the issues for people who can take the pill.

Fully half of the women who have abortions in any given month are using birth control when they got pregnant. 25% of American women will have had at least one abortion before age 40. I have yet to meet a woman who has said "I shouldn't have done it". I have many friends who have said that it was awful and they'd never do it again, but it was the right decision at the time, and they wouldn't do anything differently even if they could.
Mansplaining?
Birth control pills in the hands of a responsible woman are 99.9% effective. Miss a pill? Try "I've got a headache." There are methods of birth control that don't even require you to be responsible on a daily basis. Why do so many women get pregnant on the pill....because they're stupid and irresponsible. Why do so many women kill their unborn children? Because men want them to.

Miss a pill? She should start talking, that ought to kill the mood.

Mansplaining to me how EASY it is to prevent pregnancy ain't gonna cut it asshole. You assume that everyone can take the pill or that it's always effective. No on both scores. If you have a history of heart disease or blood clotting, you should not take the Pill, and if there is history of pelvic or breast cancer in your family.

Pregnancy is NOT easy to prevent, even with the Pill. We are built to reproduce. It's part of the functioning. The "failure" rates for birth control.are much higher than advertized, and the published rates are based on optimal useage. You take the pill every day at the exact same time, and in the exact same manner (with food, or without), every single day. Sounds easy until you get the flu and can't keep anything down for three days, or other things happen to disrupt that "every 24 hours in the same manner without fail". And those are just the issues for people who can take the pill.

Fully half of the women who have abortions in any given month are using birth control when they got pregnant. 25% of American women will have had at least one abortion before age 40. I have yet to meet a woman who has said "I shouldn't have done it". I have many friends who have said that it was awful and they'd never do it again, but it was the right decision at the time, and they wouldn't do anything differently even if they could.
You act like it's your divine right to have sex without getting pregnant. Is that what you think? Regardless, biology. You could just resist temptation, or is that not an option for you?

Nice try. The subject is abortion and abortion is the death of a human being. It's not about choice. You're either for abortion or against abortion.

Nope. I'm for reality. REality- if a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she will find a way not to be pregnant, legal or not, safe or not.
True reality is that women CAN PREVENT pregnancy. Without abortion as birth control, that's what they would be doing. Before Roe v. Wade abortion was rare and so was unwanted pregnancy.

Unwanted pregnancy was certainly pretty common in my neighborhood before Roe VS. Wade. Granted, Abortions were rare. Oddly enough, though, a lot of girls in my high school went on 2 or 3 week "trips to visit relatives" in the middle of the school year. The others simply had a D & C performed by a friendly doctor.

[
Unless you are a pregnant woman, abortion is none of your business. Unless you have a biological stake in this conception, it's between her and her doctor, and her religion. You have no stake in this, no role to play here, and it's none of your business.

Maybe nobody told you, but said hypothetical child is half mine.

But I'll make a compromise with you. If you want want abortion rights, fine with me. But I want equal abortion rights for the male party - meaning he was equal right to absolve himself of responsibility before the child is born. You game?

[
Unless you are a pregnant woman, abortion is none of your business. Unless you have a biological stake in this conception, it's between her and her doctor, and her religion. You have no stake in this, no role to play here, and it's none of your business.

But I'll make a compromise with you. If you want want abortion rights, fine with me. But I want equal abortion rights for the male party - meaning he was equal right to absolve himself of responsibility before the child is born. You game?

You are offering something that already is the norm.

Um, no, actually it wasn't. Before Roe v. Wade, you had just as many abortions. Doctors performed them, wrote something else down on the chart. I know this is not what they tell you at talking snake U or whatever religious institution is feeding you this bullshit. I'm old enough to remember.

Women was fucking, and getting abortions.. All Roe did was end the hypocrisy.

Close abortion clinics.

Women will just go to illegal providers... then what? Cops aren't going to be bothered, they have better things to do.

[

No, that's not the norm. The mother has total control; she can choose to have the child and force the father to pay support, or she can choose to kill the child before it is born. The father has NO choice in this. So "pro-choice" only applies to the mother.

[

No, that's not the norm. The mother has total control; she can choose to have the child and force the father to pay support, or she can choose to kill the child before it is born. The father has NO choice in this. So "pro-choice" only applies to the mother.

If you oppose abortion, as a man you should get a vasectomny. Then you won't be responsible for one.

If you oppose abortion, as a man you should get a vasectomny. Then you won't be responsible for one.
I don't need a vasectomy, I exercise another method to avoid pregnancy. It's called "self control". You should try it.

If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times, I'd like to know why you think this is important.

I am NOT interested in whether you think abortion is "moral" or "immoral", only in why you feel access to abortion as a health service is necessary.

This is not a "trick question", I want honest answers.

Flamers will be reported and ignored.

I do not think it's even a bit important, not within my top 1000 issues. What kind of an idiot would need an abortion anyway?

I thought like most right wingers, you use your personality for birth control. With attitudes like yours, no way are you getting laid!
Typical comment from one who likely considers women just a life support system for a ****. You are a disgrace to manhood.

I don't need a vasectomy, I exercise another method to avoid pregnancy. It's called "self control". You should try it.

Nah, I prefer lesbianism. All the sex I want and zero chance of an accidental pregnancy. The five children I bore were all well planned and wanted.

[

It is great to know that all those single mothers we hear about in the ghetto, with absent fathers, are so empowered. Someone should let them know that they have nothing to worry about if daddy skips out...

It is great to know that all those single mothers we hear about in the ghetto, with absent fathers, are so empowered. Someone should let them know that they have nothing to worry about if daddy skips out...
Single mothers have already made some choices. Sometimes these are unfortunate, and sometimes they are quite predictable. But why does it seem that everyone views unlimited sexual activity as a sacred right? This is simply incorrect.

Single mothers have already made some choices. Sometimes these are unfortunate, and sometimes they are quite predictable. But why does it seem that everyone views unlimited sexual activity as a sacred right? This is simply incorrect.

I do believe that you have something, there, Hale. You should go out into the world and tell people who are in their child bearing years to stop having sex. Then report back to us. We are looking for great things from this revelation of yours!

I do believe that you have something, there, Hale. You should go out into the world and tell people who are in their child bearing years to stop having sex. Then report back to us. We are looking for great things from this revelation of yours!
Glad I could help you. It's a shame you didn't learn sooner, but at least now you know where babies come from. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Forum List

Back