Primaries, polls show tea party's struggles

REALLY? Using that logic, did we also win Vietnam? How about Korea?

We were winning... the Tet offensive was a huge victory for the U.S. along with numerous other military victories. Unfortunately dipshits like Cronkite chose to report otherwise. And so began the eroding of public support, then it was defunded... then we abandoned the S. Vietnamese... and here we are.

Nice try though.

And the Confederates WERE winning the American Civil War....what is your point?

At the same time, the Sun caught the fact that Angle had also removed "a claim that she, along with actresses Kelly Preston and Jenna Elfman, approached Sen. John Ensign to sponsor legislation prohibiting school employees from requiring students to take psychotropic drugs, such as anti-depressants." Still, word got out: Two days later, one of Angle's opponents in the Republican primary, Sue Lowden, began airing an ad attacking Angle's scientology stance (which clearly did not have the desired effect):

You equate not allowing teachers to require that students take drugs to mean she's against public schools? LOL you are a moron.

No, dumbass. Her desire to eliminate the Department of Education clued me into that. You really SHOULD do more homework before making such an ass of yourself...

LOL - YOu're even stupider than I thought, and that's pretty stupid. I am pro eliminating the Dep't of Education also. You k now why? Because it should be left up to the states, not the federal gov't. Get it? Getting ride of the dep't of Education =/= getting rid of public schools.

Oh, and here's a hint stupid, the next time you want to make a point with a link make sure the link pertains to your point. :lol:

At the same time, the Sun caught the fact that Angle had also removed "a claim that she, along with actresses Kelly Preston and Jenna Elfman, approached Sen. John Ensign to sponsor legislation prohibiting school employees from requiring students to take psychotropic drugs, such as anti-depressants." Still, word got out: Two days later, one of Angle's opponents in the Republican primary, Sue Lowden, began airing an ad attacking Angle's scientology stance (which clearly did not have the desired effect):

You equate not allowing teachers to require that students take drugs to mean she's against public schools? LOL you are a moron.

No, dumbass. Her desire to eliminate the Department of Education clued me into that. You really SHOULD do more homework before making such an ass of yourself...

LOL - YOu're even stupider than I thought, and that's pretty stupid. I am pro eliminating the Dep't of Education also. You k now why? Because it should be left up to the states, not the federal gov't. Get it? Getting ride of the dep't of Education =/= getting rid of public schools.

Oh, and here's a hint stupid, the next time you want to make a point with a link make sure the link pertains to your point. :lol:

That should work out beautifully...let me know how well the states maintain their schools with no federal funding for them.

REALLY? Using that logic, did we also win Vietnam? How about Korea?

We were winning... the Tet offensive was a huge victory for the U.S. along with numerous other military victories. Unfortunately dipshits like Cronkite chose to report otherwise. And so began the eroding of public support, then it was defunded... then we abandoned the S. Vietnamese... and here we are.

Nice try though.

Ugh, we were never "winning" the Vietnam "conflict." And in fact our Administration was never interested in winning.

The department of education should be abolished. "The federal government has no constitutional authority to be involved in school curricula or to control jobs in the workplace. That is why we will (should) abolish the Department of Education, end federal meddling in our schools, and promote family choice at all levels of learning. "~ Reagan~

That should work out beautifully...let me know how well the states maintain their schools with no federal funding for them.

no federal department of education =/= federal funding. You really are a simpleton.

The department of education should be abolished. "The federal government has no constitutional authority to be involved in school curricula or to control jobs in the workplace. That is why we will (should) abolish the Department of Education, end federal meddling in our schools, and promote family choice at all levels of learning. "~ Reagan~

no federal department of education =/= federal funding. You really are a simpleton.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought your argument was that the Federal government shouldn't be meddling in a state's school system? Is this one of those trick deals like NO to government run healthcare, but don't touch my MediCare?

When the day comes that the department of education is abolished, I'll let you know how much better off the schools are.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought your argument was that the Federal government shouldn't be meddling in a state's school system? Is this one of those trick deals like NO to government run healthcare, but don't touch my MediCare?

Medicare is another program that needs to go along with Social Security. You show me where the Constituion allows for either program

You do realize that there are plenty of things the federal government helps fund without directly controlling, right?

Medicare is another program that needs to go along with Social Security. You show me where the Constituion allows for either program

Show where the Constitution allows for us to have an Air Force

Just as soon as you show me in the Constitution where it states the Federal government, and the POTUS in particular, is responsible for cleaning up oil leaks in the oceans.

You do realize that there are plenty of things the federal government helps fund without directly controlling, right?

You DO have a point, right?

I Supported Obama's trillion dollar deficits, I passed ObamaCare over the objections of the people, and I sided with the Iranian Insurgents calling the Iraq War "Lost!" Send me back to Washington, so we can pass Cap and Trade and give Illegal Aliens the right to Vote! -- I'm Harry Reid and I approved this message

Show where the Constitution allows for us to have an Air Force

The simple answer is that all three examples are "allowed" by the CON because the CON delegates certain powers to each branch so that they may adjust the gov't as necessary. If this weren't true the gov't would be exactly the same now as it was in 1778. In some ways that would be good, but obviously in others, not so much.

For example, obviously in 1778 there was no concept of needing an Air Force.

Just as obviously our government has taken advantage of this flexibility.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe the way they did before the Dept of Ed? It's only been around for 30 years.

The vast majority of public school is paid for by state and local taxes. The Feds contribute very little. The problem is with them putting in their hands and meddling in it.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe the way they did before the Dept of Ed? It's only been around for 30 years.

The vast majority of public school is paid for by state and local taxes. The Feds contribute very little. The problem is with them putting in their hands and meddling in it.

Exactly - Federal Funding to public schools is about 5-10%.

BUT, the federal regulations over public schools has become far more intrusive over the last couple decades.

And Bush played a big hand in that...

Forum List

Back