Primaries, polls show tea party's struggles

This is the reality of politics; you have to sacrifice principles in order to get elected. You have to mislead, lie, discredit, undermine, manipulate, do favors for people, payback people, take take take from people.

Obama did all these things the best, that's why he got elected.

That's the reality.

All politicians do those things. That's why they get elected.

Welcome to the system. Far from perfect, but about as good/efficient of a human endeavor of mass organization as can be expected.

Did you know that a combustion engine is only 30% efficient? That means 70% of the gas you buy is wasted.

If we can't make a machine that approaches and respectable measure of efficiency, why do we foolishly delude ourselves that humans will be any better?

I know....they tend to elect morans like Rand Paul and this Angle piece of work.....:cuckoo:

According to today's poll, Angle is up 11 points over Harry Reid.

According to Rasmussen....SHOCKER!

Reid isn't going to get reelected. Incumbents don't trail challengers the way he has and end up winning. It's only happened like once or twice in American history and I doubt that douche will be one of those few exceptions. He's done. If Angle ends up being a crack pot then she'll get her six years and be ushered out as well. That's what happened to a lot of the Senators that got elected in 1980.

We won nothing in Iraq. The opposite of win is lost. Reid is/was dead on.

Our goal was to oust Saddam's regime. And we did. Too bad you hate America so much.

It was? When did the objective change? I find it VERY hard to believe that Congress would have granted Dubya and Dick the power to invade Iraq solely to remove Saddam?

I didn't say that was the sole objective. According to you our soldier fought and died in vain.

Our goal was to oust Saddam's regime. And we did. Too bad you hate America so much.

It was? When did the objective change? I find it VERY hard to believe that Congress would have granted Dubya and Dick the power to invade Iraq solely to remove Saddam?

I didn't say that was the sole objective. According to you our soldier fought and died in vain.

In my humble opinion, they did. What did WE, the United States win in Iraq?

Why would that be the central theme of Reid's campaign? Besides, thanks to Obama, we actually have a timetable to bring those troops home!

Reid is on record that we lost, will he run on his record?

Sure beats running on outlawing alcohol, eliminating public education and any of the other kooky things his opponent plans to run on, don't you think?

Provide a link to her saying she wanted to outlaw alcohol .

Sure beats running on outlawing alcohol, eliminating public education and any of the other kooky things his opponent plans to run on, don't you think?

Sharron Angle: The 5 Reasons Everyone's Talking About the New Tea Party Darling

At the same time, the Sun caught the fact that Angle had also removed "a claim that she, along with actresses Kelly Preston and Jenna Elfman, approached Sen. John Ensign to sponsor legislation prohibiting school employees from requiring students to take psychotropic drugs, such as anti-depressants." Still, word got out: Two days later, one of Angle's opponents in the Republican primary, Sue Lowden, began airing an ad attacking Angle's scientology stance (which clearly did not have the desired effect):

You equate not allowing teachers to require that students take drugs to mean she's against public schools? LOL you are a moron.

At the same time, the Sun caught the fact that Angle had also removed "a claim that she, along with actresses Kelly Preston and Jenna Elfman, approached Sen. John Ensign to sponsor legislation prohibiting school employees from requiring students to take psychotropic drugs, such as anti-depressants." Still, word got out: Two days later, one of Angle's opponents in the Republican primary, Sue Lowden, began airing an ad attacking Angle's scientology stance (which clearly did not have the desired effect):

You equate not allowing teachers to require that students take drugs to mean she's against public schools? LOL you are a moron.

No, dumbass. Her desire to eliminate the Department of Education clued me into that. You really SHOULD do more homework before making such an ass of yourself...

Sharron Angle: The 5 Reasons Everyone's Talking About the New Tea Party Darling

Why not link to the actual interview?

Oh because it would blows your argument out of the water and show you to be a lying partisan hack.

In an interview with Liberty Watch magazine, Angle expressed her opposition to legalizing marijuana, and added: "I feel the same about legalizing alcohol."

Yet read the interview, including even the language quoted by Sargent in his post, and it is clear that Angle was not calling for outlawing alcohol, she simply was stating her personal beliefs on the encouragement of the use of any type of drug. As to legislating morality, Angle was observing that politicians inevitably bring their beliefs to bear on policy making.

Even a cursory bit of research by Sargent would have revealed that he was distorting Angle's position on alcohol made clear weeks ago, into the exact opposite of Angle's actual position:

This is what she said.

“My greatest problem with marijuana is that it’s illegal, which gives Nevadans a false sense of security in this whole thing,” Angle said. “If the DEA has the manpower and wanted to go after this, there is no place in Nevada state law that can protect people because federal law supersedes state law.”

Her opinion, though, ignores states’ rights and individual freedom. Also, Angle’s faith quickly surfaced, extinguishing her argument that she disapproves of medical marijuana primarily on the elementary premise that it’s illegal.

“I would tell you that I have the same feelings about legalizing marijuana, not medical marijuana, but just legalizing marijuana,” Angle offered. “I feel the same about legalizing alcohol.

A New Angle on Giving Harry Reid the Boot: Sharon Angle | Republican Majority Campaign PAC

In my humble opinion, they did. What did WE, the United States win in Iraq?

The war.

REALLY? Using that logic, did we also win Vietnam? How about Korea?

We were winning... the Tet offensive was a huge victory for the U.S. along with numerous other military victories. Unfortunately dipshits like Cronkite chose to report otherwise. And so began the eroding of public support, then it was defunded... then we abandoned the S. Vietnamese... and here we are.

Nice try though.

New Topics

Forum List

Back