Primaries, polls show tea party's struggles

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Primaries, polls show tea party's struggles - Washington Post- msnbc.com

From California to Virginia (with some notable exceptions), establishment-favored candidates won Tuesday in Republican primary battles for governor, House and Senate. In California, candidates who claimed the conservative mantle were outgunned by well-known and well-funded opponents. And in two congressional races in Virginia, where the tea party movement is popular and abundant, activists were unable to coalesce around a single candidate -- illustrating the organizational challenges facing the movement's grass roots.

I believe I called this months ago....:clap2:

From California to Virginia (with some notable exceptions), establishment-favored candidates won Tuesday in Republican primary battles for governor, House and Senate. In California, candidates who claimed the conservative mantle were outgunned by well-known and well-funded opponents. And in two congressional races in Virginia, where the tea party movement is popular and abundant, activists were unable to coalesce around a single candidate -- illustrating the organizational challenges facing the movement's grass roots.

Its a shame really. We need Republican Tea Party candidates to run in November. I was hoping the Tea Party bubble would have lasted a little bit longer.

It will be a distant memory by 2012 and all the Tea Baggers on this board will disavow any support of the Tea Party movement

Conservative movement's winning streak breaks in Tuesday primaries

A liberal viewpoint with a big spin.

"The tea party movement is not as politically sophisticated as it needs to be," said Judson Phillips, founder of the national group Tea Party Nation. "When you have a half-dozen people calling themselves tea party candidates, you need to get them in a room, and some of them need to be willing to drop out so the tea party candidate can win. That's one of the frustrating things about this movement: It's supposed to be something other than politics as usual, but some of these folks are only looking out for themselves, and not for the country."

The Tea Party grassroots movement is not a political party, and the candidates should not be referring to themselves as a 'Tea Party Candidate'. They should be using 'Tea Party-backed' candidate.

I'm sorry, but are we talking about Obama and his administration here?

Already, Sen. Robert Menendez (N.J.), chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, has released this statement: "Sharron Angle is focused on appealing to the fringe of her party.

And Obama isn't?

November will be a telling time, that's for sure and no one should underestimate the power of motivated angry Americans.

Last edited:

"The tea party movement is not as politically sophisticated as it needs to be," said Judson Phillips, founder of the national group Tea Party Nation. "When you have a half-dozen people calling themselves tea party candidates, you need to get them in a room, and some of them need to be willing to drop out so the tea party candidate can win. That's one of the frustrating things about this movement: It's supposed to be something other than politics as usual, but some of these folks are only looking out for themselves, and not for the country."

The Tea Party grassroots movement is not a political party, and the candidates should not be referring to themselves as a 'Tea Party Candidate'. They should be using 'Tea Party-backed' candidate.

Already, Sen. Robert Menendez (N.J.), chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, has released this statement: "Sharron Angle is focused on appealing to the fringe of her party. And Obama isn't?

November will be a telling time, that's for sure and no one should underestimate the power of motivated angry Americans.

I know....they tend to elect morans like Rand Paul and this Angle piece of work.....:cuckoo:

Already, Sen. Robert Menendez (N.J.), chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, has released this statement: "Sharron Angle is focused on appealing to the fringe of her party. And Obama isn't?

I know....they tend to elect morans like Rand Paul and this Angle piece of work.....:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDOAmJYFFA]YouTube - Harry Reid: Iraq War Is Lost[/ame]

We won nothing in Iraq. The opposite of win is lost. Reid is/was dead on.

Will that be the central theme of the Reid Campaign, the Surge failed and we lost Iraq?

It was a loss the day we invaded.

A loss of common sense, a loss of proper planning, a loss of US dignity, a loss of US support of human rights

Will that be the central theme of the Reid Campaign, the Surge failed and we lost Iraq?

Why would that be the central theme of Reid's campaign? Besides, thanks to Obama, we actually have a timetable to bring those troops home!

Reid is on record that we lost, will he run on his record?

Sure beats running on outlawing alcohol, eliminating public education and any of the other kooky things his opponent plans to run on, don't you think?

Last edited:
This is the reality of politics; you have to sacrifice principles in order to get elected. You have to mislead, lie, discredit, undermine, manipulate, do favors for people, payback people, take take take from people.

Obama did all these things the best, that's why he got elected.

That's the reality.

We won nothing in Iraq. The opposite of win is lost. Reid is/was dead on.

Our goal was to oust Saddam's regime. And we did. Too bad you hate America so much.

"The truth is that for reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on, which was weapons of mass destruction, as the core reason." --Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, "Vanity Fair" interview, May 28, 2003

Its a shame really. We need Republican Tea Party candidates to run in November. I was hoping the Tea Party bubble would have lasted a little bit longer.

It will be a distant memory by 2012 and all the Tea Baggers on this board will disavow any support of the Tea Party movement

They screwed themselves with the whole "completely disorganized" mantra.

A rudderless ship runs into the rocks.

Forum List

Back