Price of Fuel Today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GopJack, Feb 19, 2011.

1. GopJack

GopJack GopJack

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Why are we paying a National average for regular gasoline of $3.16 a gallon and a barrel of crude oil is just above $86? Where is the Obama administration, the GOP House and the Democratic Senate? We hear we are broke and this issue could be corrected quickly. Understand, every time our price of fuel rises 1 cent, it effects our US economy by $400 million dollars. That's right, a nickle increase and we have a billion dollar impact on our economy.
    We should drill in the USA but right now, there is another large surplus of crude sitting in tankers around the world. Again, we fix this issue and we get our feet back on good economic ground.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  2. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,125
    Obama doesn't want to talk about oil prices because he knows damn well that means.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,809
    Democrats have been keeping us dependent on foreign oil for decades. Fools who listen to the hypocrite in the white house tell them that there are alternates to petroleum products need their heads examined. The elites don't have to worry about the price of gas while they jet around the Country and the world on useless campaign trips. High gas prices are encouraged and intended by our left wing administration to force Americans to accept green junk manufactured in China.

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    What're you.....some kind o' Anti-Capitalist??!!!!

:eusa_eh:

5. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. The oil companies are some greedy bastards, but that fits hand in glove to the politicians, who are just as busy stuffing their pockets.
    2. Along with all facets of CEO types in America, School superintendent's, local governments of cities, look at places in Califorina, where small city governments are making a half a million a year, benefits out the ying yang, etc.
    3. Where are the laws that protect us?
    4. The general public like my slef, the district attorney isn't to be seen, cleaning up these injustices.
    5. Neither the congress or the senate care to do it, because they are too busy stuffing their pockets as fast as they can.
    6. Those in power once were known to be people of honor, and noble, but those days are long gone it appears.
    7. What is needed is a *National Code of Conduct*, established, and this code would be based on *honor*, *noble practices*, and *respect of the people whom they serve*.
    8. I will do my best to come up with one, but if anyone cares to attempt to make one, using my outline as a guide I will lsiten.:clap2:

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

6. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,395
    Is the purpose of energy legislation to ensure that Americans will forever have cheap gasoline?

We had $1.00/gallon as recently as 1999. Today, at over $3, crude inventories appear robust.

As a reminder- 90% of the wells drilled in the U.S. are done so by independents, not the majors like BP or Exxon.

At $1.00/gallon gasoline it's the independents that go under, not the big guys.
    At $1.00/gallon, tens of thousands lose jobs, independents go bust, domestic production falls, imports rise.

There's a drilling boom going on right now. Over 9 million employed in the petroleum sector and its affiliated industries. Domestic production is up. More of our money is staying here as a result.

7. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Hell, even a dollar a gallon is too high.

I remember 55 cents a gallon.

8. GopJack

GopJack GopJack

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,726
    When George W. was President, all we heard from the Democrats was bitching about fuel being over $3.00 a gallon. Hillary Clinton even gave a blistering mouth full of crap on tv about how President Bush wasn't doing anything about fuel costs and because of it, we needed a Democrat in the White House. Well, today I paid $3.19 a gallon for gas and it cost me over $80.00 to fill up my truck. Where were all the Democrats? I didn't hear any of them bitching while I was pumping gas...

10. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688

You don't really expect the Liberal media to be critical of this administration do you? :eusa_whistle: