Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish...

not really

Many in the hispanic immagrant community have chosen not to either learn english or only know enough to get by.

and with so many of them companies should be sure to pander to them.

now if it was "press 3 for eboncis"...

"What U talkn' bout Willis?"

I can understand the frustration with 'press 1 for...' stuff because it requires you to do something and adds another step to whatever the hell you are on the phone (or at the ATM, etc) for, but I don't see what the people who get bent out of shape over other people just speaking in X language out in the world are so worked up about. If two or more people are communicating and it has nothing directly to do with me, what the hell business is it of mine what language they are speaking?

Because it might create misunderstandings, for example i was with a friend once who saw something behind a couple of Hispanics and he pointed, this made the Hispanics angry because they thought he was insulting them we tried to explain and thats when we realized that hey couldn't understand English so us talking to them was useless, ended up calling the cops who had to get an interpreter who had to talk to the cop who had to talk to the interpreter who had to tak to each of us in turn all "just" because they couldn't speak English.

I would have just kicked their asses if they had a problem.

I can understand the frustration with 'press 1 for...' stuff because it requires you to do something and adds another step to whatever the hell you are on the phone (or at the ATM, etc) for, but I don't see what the people who get bent out of shape over other people just speaking in X language out in the world are so worked up about. If two or more people are communicating and it has nothing directly to do with me, what the hell business is it of mine what language they are speaking?

Because it might create misunderstandings, for example i was with a friend once who saw something behind a couple of Hispanics and he pointed, this made the Hispanics angry because they thought he was insulting them we tried to explain and thats when we realized that hey couldn't understand English so us talking to them was useless, ended up calling the cops who had to get an interpreter who had to talk to the cop who had to talk to the interpreter who had to tak to each of us in turn all "just" because they couldn't speak English.

it was my friend who called the police and i didn't want to explain to the officer why i a white Guy just kicked the shit out of someone in a minority.

Last edited:

it was my friend who called the police and i didn't want to explain to the officer why i a white Guy just kicked the shit out of someone in minority.

I don't think someone should have to explain themself to defend themselves.

You do what you have to do to defend yourself....

Obviously violence is the last solution. If a group of random people walked up to me and started giving me shit they would be done... It's happened to me before.

it was my friend who called the police and i didn't want to explain to the officer why i a white Guy just kicked the shit out of someone in minority.

I don't think someone should have to explain themself to defend themselves.

You do what you have to do to defend yourself....

Obviously violence is the last solution. If a group of random people walked up to me and started giving me shit they would be done... It's happened to me before.

Yeah and if he hadn't called i was ready to but with the police already on their way, i don't think its good to be standing over the guy who is supposedly assaulting you because it looks more like you assaulted him, minorities also get special treatment.

I've noticed that this annoys the hell out of a lot of people. Are you among them?

I read the first 40 posts and didn't find the correct focus on the OP, so I will answer:

YES!!!!!! It bugs the shit out of me! But not because it is inclusive to our Spanish-speaking brethren. It's because all other non-English-language-speakers should have to go through the extra step of pushing an extra button. The default should be English, and instructions for other languages should be short and sweet:

"Welcome to Citibank - press 2 for Spanish. Press 0 for a representative. For other options, press 8".

^^^^
This is the most correct post in this thread. Thank you all! :)

:rolleyes: Yes, yes, of course you would have, Punkules. Or if it turns out you are as full of shit as we all know you are, you could always just piss on their windshield, right tough guy?

You're a fucking clown.

it was my friend who called the police and i didn't want to explain to the officer why i a white Guy just kicked the shit out of someone in a minority.

Oh, the toughness is thick in here...

If a group of random people walked up to me and started giving me shit they would be done... It's happened to me before.

.................................. :rolleyes: :eusa_liar:

Like really, tough guy? Like, really?

Fucking clown :rolleyes:

I've noticed that this annoys the hell out of a lot of people. Are you among them?

I read the first 40 posts and didn't find the correct focus on the OP, so I will answer:

YES!!!!!! It bugs the shit out of me! But not because it is inclusive to our Spanish-speaking brethren. It's because all other non-English-language-speakers should have to go through the extra step of pushing an extra button. The default should be English, and instructions for other languages should be short and sweet:

"Welcome to Citibank - press 2 for Spanish. Press 0 for a representative. For other options, press 8".

^^^^

And your post didn't include pretend kicking anyone's ass. :clap2:

If a group of random people walked up to me and started giving me shit they would be done... It's happened to me before.

Your the one insulting people over the internet tough guy.

"Tough guy"? I'm not the one indulging in empty boasting about kicking the ass of groups of people for looking at me the wrong way like you and little nicky. It's pretty fucking ridiculous, you know.

Back on topic, or does little nicky have some more Chuck Norris stories to share?

Your the one insulting people over the internet tough guy.

"Tough guy"? I'm not the one indulging in empty boasting about kicking the ass of groups of people for looking at me the wrong way like you and little nicky. It's pretty fucking ridiculous, you know.

Again it shows that your reading comprehension is lacking

Yes. I prefer the way an automated message at a company said it the other day: They said their message in English and then added, "if you would like to hear this in Spanish, please press 2. :D

Nice.

^^^^

So...where's my rep? :D

Yes. I prefer the way an automated message at a company said it the other day: They said their message in English and then added, "if you would like to hear this in Spanish, please press 2. :D

Nice.
I have to say, the titties in your avatar are not attractive at all.

Oh, wait . . .

^^^^

So...where's my rep? :D

Comin' right up

Forum List

Back