President wants mandated paid sick leave because why?

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
The vast majority of jobs already provide some form of paid time off for illness. But they also do it in different ways, and traditional paid sick leave is starting to become an inferior product. Do we really need the government getting involved in yet another employment issue?

• Banned
Fuck Obama & his communist ideas. I do not offer paid sick leave & never will. I pay for production. They don't work they don't get paid. Period

Well, that's your choice, but I've always wondered about the wisdom of such a position. Workers who don't have paid time off available when they are sick tend to come to work when they are sick, which leads to illness spreading at the workplace and loss of productivity as sick workers have reduced production.

But, like I said, it's your choice. And it's their choice if they want to work for you.

The vast majority of jobs already provide some form of paid time off for illness. But they also do it in different ways, and traditional paid sick leave is starting to become an inferior product. Do we really need the government getting involved in yet another employment issue?

Wait, YOU object to THIS TOO?

• Banned

:wtf:

Yes. Not sure why you seem to surprised.

I always had sick days....
Maybe not as many as some company's offered but I always had an average of 6.
I have no idea if part time workers got them.
And Obama saying that 40 million don't have them.I have no idea how true that is.
This from a guy who said over and over that 48 million Americans didn't have health care...

I always had sick days....
Maybe not as many as some company's offered but I always had an average of 6.
I have no idea if part time workers got them.
And Obama saying that 40 million don't have them.I have no idea how true that is.
This from a guy who said over and over that 48 million Americans didn't have health care...

Lets say its 24 million then...How is this a bad idea?

Well because you didnt say why

Apparently you weren't paying attention. I'll repeat...

Fuck Obama & his communist ideas. I do not offer paid sick leave & never will. I pay for production. They don't work they don't get paid. Period

Is this how you make all your decisions? Out of jealously and anger?
Do you have any idea what it takes to start a business?
I bought mine just short of 1 year ago. I have taken 6 days off since February 1st and have yet to draw a dime or recoup a single dollar of my investment.
Now obama thinks I should pay people for claiming they're sick?
What about the teenage fry cook that takes a day off because he is too hung over to cope with Saturday morning? Should Mickey D's pay him?
Who's going to say who's sick and who just wants to take advantage of another government mandated give away?

Yes

Why should I pay you NOT to work?

And.....how many hour days will these be? Will they affect the ACA?
Besides, now that everybody has health insurance they can afford the time off.

FMLA is plenty.

Well because you didnt say why

Apparently you weren't paying attention. I'll repeat...

You're against paid sick leave for everyone because some jobs already have it? And you think its inferior?

Thats not a reason to be against it. I think Fords are inferior but I'm saying Fords shouldnt exist

Is this how you make all your decisions? Out of jealously and anger?
Do you have any idea what it takes to start a business?
I bought mine just short of 1 year ago. I have taken 6 days off since February 1st and have yet to draw a dime or recoup a single dollar of my investment.
Now obama thinks I should pay people for claiming they're sick?
What about the teenage fry cook that takes a day off because he is too hung over to cope with Saturday morning? Should Mickey D's pay him?
Who's going to say who's sick and who just wants to take advantage of another government mandated give away?

Well you can demand rectal temp checks if its such a concern

Forum List

Back