President wants mandated paid sick leave because why?

The vast majority of jobs already provide some form of paid time off for illness. But they also do it in different ways, and traditional paid sick leave is starting to become an inferior product. Do we really need the government getting involved in yet another employment issue?

Wait, YOU object to THIS TOO?

:wtf:

Yes. Not sure why you seem to surprised.

Well because you didnt say why

Apparently you weren't paying attention. I'll repeat...

The vast majority of jobs already provide some form of paid time off for illness. But they also do it in different ways, and traditional paid sick leave is starting to become an inferior product. Do we really need the government getting involved in yet another employment issue?

You're against paid sick leave for everyone because some jobs already have it? And you think its inferior?

Thats not a reason to be against it. I think Fords are inferior but I'm saying Fords shouldnt exist
Explains a lot.......lol

You're against paid sick leave for everyone because some jobs already have it? And you think its inferior?

Thats not a reason to be against it. I think Fords are inferior but I'm saying Fords shouldnt exist

I am against the government mandating the fact because it will solve pretty much nothing (the vast majority of jobs already have something in place) and because it interferes with employers' abilities to provide superior options. For example, some companies do not offer any paid sick time at all, and instead offer more general PTO to use whenever/why ever you want. Personally, I really like the latter. Many people are finding that they like the latter. I think the latter is far more advantageous to the worker than the traditional method of separate sick/vacation time.

Fuck Obama & his communist ideas. I do not offer paid sick leave & never will. I pay for production. They don't work they don't get paid. Period

Well, that's your choice, but I've always wondered about the wisdom of such a position. Workers who don't have paid time off available when they are sick tend to come to work when they are sick, which leads to illness spreading at the workplace and loss of productivity as sick workers have reduced production.

But, like I said, it's your choice. And it's their choice if they want to work for you.

Sadly you've posted a link to the willfully, and some not willfully ignorant. It takes a modicum of intelligence and the ability to think outside the tiny box of callous conservatism to understand your post.

Consider those who prepare your food before you wonder about making it the choice of the business owner.

Fuck Obama & his communist ideas. I do not offer paid sick leave & never will. I pay for production. They don't work they don't get paid. Period

Is this how you make all your decisions? Out of jealously and anger?
Do you have any idea what it takes to start a business?
I bought mine just short of 1 year ago. I have taken 6 days off since February 1st and have yet to draw a dime or recoup a single dollar of my investment.
Now obama thinks I should pay people for claiming they're sick?
What about the teenage fry cook that takes a day off because he is too hung over to cope with Saturday morning? Should Mickey D's pay him?
Who's going to say who's sick and who just wants to take advantage of another government mandated give away?

Well you can demand rectal temp checks if its such a concern
And I suppose I'd have to pay for that too?

Wait, YOU object to THIS TOO?

Explains a lot.......lol

F.O.R.D

Found On the Road Dead

I always had sick days....
Maybe not as many as some company's offered but I always had an average of 6.
I have no idea if part time workers got them.
And Obama saying that 40 million don't have them.I have no idea how true that is.
This from a guy who said over and over that 48 million Americans didn't have health care...
I had a months worth a year in NZ, but only used about 10 days over three years.

Workers who don't have paid time off available when they are sick tend to come to work when they are sick, which leads to illness spreading at the workplace and loss of productivity as sick workers have reduced production

That is exactly correct. And another indicator about how short sighted most of the people on this board are.
They would rather have a truly sick employee infecting the entire area this person works in and making many more sick, than pay that employee to stay the hell away and not make anyone else sick.

And they think they are saving money.

But which costs more, pay one employee and lose that productivity or have 4,5, 6 people come down sick and loose their productivity?

Explains a lot.......lol

F.O.R.D

Found On the Road Dead
First on race day:p

Can't
Handle
Even
Volkswagen
Rabbit
Or
Little
Economy
Trucks

:lmao:

I am against the government mandating the fact because it will solve pretty much nothing (the vast majority of jobs already have something in place) and because it interferes with employers' abilities to provide superior options. For example, some companies do not offer any paid sick time at all, and instead offer more general PTO to use whenever/why ever you want. Personally, I really like the latter. Many people are finding that they like the latter. I think the latter is far more advantageous to the worker than the traditional method of separate sick/vacation time.

I understand you think there are better options but I dont hear why you're against this option other than you believe people like it better.

Everyone gets sick and if you have time to get better rather than coming in the office making everyone sick the downside is....? You like another plan that isnt offered everywhere?

Is this how you make all your decisions? Out of jealously and anger?
Do you have any idea what it takes to start a business?
I bought mine just short of 1 year ago. I have taken 6 days off since February 1st and have yet to draw a dime or recoup a single dollar of my investment.
Now obama thinks I should pay people for claiming they're sick?
What about the teenage fry cook that takes a day off because he is too hung over to cope with Saturday morning? Should Mickey D's pay him?
Who's going to say who's sick and who just wants to take advantage of another government mandated give away?

Well you can demand rectal temp checks if its such a concern
And I suppose I'd have to pay for that too?

In more ways than one

Well, that's your choice, but I've always wondered about the wisdom of such a position. Workers who don't have paid time off available when they are sick tend to come to work when they are sick, which leads to illness spreading at the workplace and loss of productivity as sick workers have reduced production.

But, like I said, it's your choice. And it's their choice if they want to work for you.
Ew. Well I guess he could fire people when they get sick or don't show up.

It's back to the minimum wage service jobs. He wants to shore up that voting class!

That is exactly correct. And another indicator about how short sighted most of the people on this board are.
They would rather have a truly sick employee infecting the entire area this person works in and making many more sick, than pay that employee to stay the hell away and not make anyone else sick.

But which costs more, pay one employee and lose that productivity or have 4,5, 6 people come down sick and loose their productivity?

But your shortsightedness is to neglect the final statement in my post. It's his choice to not provide sick pay, and it's people's choice to either work or not work for him.

Workers who don't have paid time off available when they are sick tend to come to work when they are sick, which leads to illness spreading at the workplace and loss of productivity as sick workers have reduced production

Fine, let employers deduct the cost from the employees wages. If it takes it below the minimum wage, so be it.

Explains a lot.......lol

F.O.R.D

Found On the Road Dead
First on race day:p

Can't
Handle
Even
Volkswagen
Rabbit
Or
Little
Economy
Trucks

:lmao:

First on rac....bwahahahaha...You should come to MD and share that good stuff you're on LOL

I understand you think there are better options but I dont hear why you're against this option other than you believe people like it better.

Are you even paying attention? The government should not be making the decision. If Acme Explosives wants to do away with paid sick time and offer double the PTO, why should the government stop them from doing it?

Buying votes is expensive.

I truly hope that the Republicans continue with this "fuck helping the middle class and poor" campaign. It has a real upside for any politician who runs against a Republican.

Nothing like having the opposition party give you the ammo to kick their ass next election.

Keep on protecting them ultra wealthy folks. They may have enough money to get a Repub elected. But they don't have enough votes.

One place I worked, we did have sick time, but you needed to show a letter from a doctor to collect.
I've also worked one place with 10 days sick time and 10 days of what they called Personal Excused Time.

You folks that ride a motorcycle, or go hunting of fishing would relate. You know that first perfect day for your passion that falls on a week day? Well, it was completely permissible to call in and say that you felt much too good to blow it on a day at work.
We referred to PET as "well time".

Forum List

Back