President wants mandated paid sick leave because why?

I understand you think there are better options but I dont hear why you're against this option other than you believe people like it better.

Are you even paying attention? The government should not be making the decision. If Acme Explosives wants to do away with paid sick time and offer double the PTO, why should the government stop them from doing it?

Why should companies be the judge, jury and executioner? I dont get it...

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldnt be involved. They arent involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternaity leave. Doesnt that show you what the companies are going to do about it in the future? Or has the companies been super busy and they'll get around to one day?

I truly hope that the Republicans continue with this "fuck helping the middle class and poor" campaign. It has a real upside for any politician who runs against a Republican.

Nothing like having the opposition party give you the ammo to kick their ass next election.

Keep on protecting them ultra wealthy folks. They may have enough money to get a Repub elected. But they don't have enough votes.

Forcing paid sick leave doesn't hurt the ultra wealthy, it hurts small businesses. Most large companies already offer sick time, or lump it in with PTO.

But keep up "The Narrative"

Obama rarely proposes something he will have to do. It's always businesses that suffer from his silly proposals. It no skin off of his nuts. Only American businesses have to pony up the dough to pay for all of this, never Obama. He must spend all of his spare time dreaming up ways of making the costs of doing business go up

I understand you think there are better options but I dont hear why you're against this option other than you believe people like it better.

Are you even paying attention? The government should not be making the decision. If Acme Explosives wants to do away with paid sick time and offer double the PTO, why should the government stop them from doing it?

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldn't be involved. They aren't involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternity leave. Doesn't that show you what the companies are going to do about it in the future? Or has the companies been super busy and they'll get around to one day?

Because if you don't like it, YOU DON"T HAVE TO WORK THERE.

Oh, and I fixed your spelling issues and lack of apostrophes.

I truly hope that the Republicans continue with this "fuck helping the middle class and poor" campaign. It has a real upside for any politician who runs against a Republican.

Nothing like having the opposition party give you the ammo to kick their ass next election.

Keep on protecting them ultra wealthy folks. They may have enough money to get a Repub elected. But they don't have enough votes.
Do you really think that the wealthy want everyone else to be poor? How stupid is that? Poor people can't buy our product. Where we have a problem is being taxed into poverty in order for people to be able to buy our product with our own (formerly) money.

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldnt be involved. They arent involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternaity leave. Doesnt that show you what the companies are going to do about it in the future? Or has the companies been super busy and they'll get around to one day?

Don't forget raise their pay too. I just wish the prick would do it for the DoD.

One place I worked, we did have sick time, but you needed to show a letter from a doctor to collect.
I've also worked one place with 10 days sick time and 10 days of what they called Personal Excused Time.

You folks that ride a motorcycle, or go hunting of fishing would relate. You know that first perfect day for your passion that falls on a week day? Well, it was completely permissible to call in and say that you felt much too good to blow it on a day at work.
We referred to PET as "well time".
Totally get ya
And I'm sure we agree that it's not something that should be mandated by the government
:thup:

The only thing you're saying is govt shouldn't be involved. They aren't involved now and very few have paid sick leave or paid maternity leave. Doesn't that show you what the companies are going to do about it in the future? Or has the companies been super busy and they'll get around to one day?

Everyone is doing it silly. Like you said. So your reasoning for not liking it is because some jobs already do it and you dont have to work places that dont.

That solves the problem how exactly? It doesnt, it just avoids it.

Like I said, govt isnt involved NOW and NOW tons of places dont have paid sick leave and paternity leave. Why do you think it should stay that way?

Your response so far has been: BECAUSE!!!!

Paid maternity leave????

That's it! From now on, I will only hire women over 45 or with proof of a hysterectomy.

Don't forget raise their pay too. I just wish the prick would do it for the DoD.

You have low skills. Isnt that the blanket reasoning Republicans give? That an "make yourself marketable"?

Everyone is doing it silly. Like you said. So your reasoning for not liking it is because some jobs already do it and you dont have to work places that dont.

That solves the problem how exactly? It doesnt, it just avoids it.

Like I said, govt isnt involved NOW and NOW tons of places dont have paid sick leave and paternity leave. Why do you think it should stay that way?

Your response so far has been: BECAUSE!!!!

No, the response is get a better job.

Jesus you people are such fucking lemmings.

The middle class elects freak liberals and demand wealth redistribution. Freak liberals increase taxes and costs to business. Business pass the costs onto the middle class, its hilarious. :laugh:

I have had sick time my adult life and rarely used it. One problem I see with offering it is that there are those who treat it as another week of vacation. Some would even be sick on the same day of the year every year.

But that is the trick of hiring people. How a company hires honest people seems to me to be a problem. I would think that if honest the company would like to keep these people and having sick time, used honestly, as an incentive benefit.

It's amazing to me how liberals always assume that workers cannot think for themselves, and that they always need laws in order for them to succeed.

When an employee believes they are not being compensated enough for their skills, then the employee should take the initiative and seek employment where the compensation meets their desires.

This is how liberals view the world though, they believe they are of the superior intellect, and that everyone else needs their wisdom, and their rules in order to succeed.

Sure they all do, they have no understanding of collective bargaining.
I would love for the local power entity to walk into his shop and charge his business 100 times the amount he is paying now.
While the shop next to him gets a reduction in rate.
Let him eat his words.
What does he think that the power entity is a bottomless pit.
They need to make their "profit"

Fuck Obama & his communist ideas. I do not offer paid sick leave & never will. I pay for production. They don't work they don't get paid. Period

Is this how you make all your decisions? Out of jealously and anger?

You have low skills. Isnt that the blanket reasoning Republicans give? That an "make yourself marketable"?

Just make the comment and save the fucken insults, Mkay?

I would love for the local power entity to walk into your shop and charge your business 100 times the amount you are paying now.

While the shop next to you gets a reduction in rate.

Let him eat his words.

What does he think that the power entity is a bottomless pit.

They need to make their "profit"

Why wouldn't he want it ? He's a liberal who like all of these bastards believes that the private industry is a bottomless pit filled with treasure to be shared by all regardless of whether they earned it or not.

Just make the comment and save the fucken insults, Mkay?

Funny you say that, when you say the same to everyone else you pretend its not insulting. Suddenly now, only when directed to you, you see the insulting nature of it.

:wink: Good

Forum List

Back