President Supports Assault Weapon Ban

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

Great observation by a great president

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

The problem is only a handful of people have an actual legal AK-47's or Machine gun. What he wants to do is ban people from owning semi-automatic rifles, which are the most common form of rifle technology currently in use.

What most people refer to as an "AK-47" is actually a semi-auto knockoff of an AKM or an AK-74.

And i find it interesting that he adds home defense as almost an after-thought.

In addition, the President said.....

While we recognize that assault weapon legislation will not stop all assault weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals."

Another strawman argument by our strawman POTUS.

But you can always count on silly leftists like RW, to get duped over and over again....BO must be saying to himself...."Man this is too easy."

While we recognize that assault weapon legislation will not stop all assault weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals."

Its still based on the wrong premise. Still, its refreshing that a gun grabber finally admitted that the whole idea is to restrict law abiding people's access to firearms in the vain hope that it will then stop criminals from acquiring them.

Gun Facts Gun Control and Crime

John Boozman Assault Weapons Ban Pointless Because Criminals Don t Use Them
Sen. John Boozman (R-Ark.) told a local radio station on Wednesday that an assault weapons ban would be pointless because people don't use that type of weapon to commit crimes, Think Progress reports.

Speaking to KHTE's Alice Stewart, Boozman declared that passing an assault weapons ban "doesn’t do anything" because the firearms are "big" and "bulky," which he said makes them unappealing to those who want to use guns for criminal purposes.

SNIP

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has mostly avoided talking about gun control issues, but told Jake Tapper of CNN that current gun laws should be enforced before passing any new measures.

"We've got plenty of laws on the books. Let's go and enforce them before we just load up more laws on law-abiding citizens," said Boehner.

Rightwhigger, do me a favor show and tell your lord and master, the muslime mulatto retard the, The Truth About Assault Weapons

and while you are doing that.., :fu: and that illegal alien muslime mulatto retard :asshole:

OK ?

Doesn't he know that "machine guns" are already banned except with a special permit?

We have a moron for President.

Again he's wrong. Clinton banned guns in the 90's and it didn't work so he repealed the ban.

Obama think criminals will obey the law.

Did I mention we have a moron for President? As if there is any doubt.

Gun Facts Gun Control and Crime

John Boozman Assault Weapons Ban Pointless Because Criminals Don t Use Them
Sen. John Boozman (R-Ark.) told a local radio station on Wednesday that an assault weapons ban would be pointless because people don't use that type of weapon to commit crimes, Think Progress reports.

Speaking to KHTE's Alice Stewart, Boozman declared that passing an assault weapons ban "doesn’t do anything" because the firearms are "big" and "bulky," which he said makes them unappealing to those who want to use guns for criminal purposes.

SNIP

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has mostly avoided talking about gun control issues, but told Jake Tapper of CNN that current gun laws should be enforced before passing any new measures.

"We've got plenty of laws on the books. Let's go and enforce them before we just load up more laws on law-abiding citizens," said Boehner.

Rightwhigger, do me a favor show and tell your lord and master, the muslime mulatto retard the, The Truth About Assault Weapons

and while you are doing that.., :fu: and that illegal alien muslime mulatto retard :asshole:

OK ?
Boozeman is an eye doctor that got his claim to fame by being the first doctor to hold the top position on the no smoking panel at a salary of 125 thousand a year...and he's a professional dummy...Like his bud Huckabee and the Clinton's...

Doesn't he know that "machine guns" are already banned except with a special permit?

He was a moron, I will agree...But a great thespian president...

The President was correct in what he said and he was not a moron

reaganak47.jpg

"Machine guns" are already banned. A semi-auto AK-47 is no different than any other semi-auto rifle. If he doesn't believe such weapons are needed for home protection, I'd like to see him order his Secret Service to "ban" the use of semi-auto rifles.

More "do as I say, not as I do" from a progressive sh*tbag liberal.

"Machine guns" are already banned. A semi-auto AK-47 is no different than any other semi-auto rifle. If he doesn't believe such weapons are needed for home protection, I'd like to see him order his Secret Service to "ban" the use of semi-auto rifles.

Since when has Ron Reagan been a progressive shitbag liberal?

You can buy a fully automatic with the right license...

Since when has Ron Reagan been a progressive shitbag liberal?

When he was married to Bonzo...

You know rightwinger, you're being a bit of a troll this morning. The title of your thread, and the quote you put up, have nothing to do with each other. On top of that, you didn't source your quote, hoping to play, "gotcha" on the conservative members.

You see, what that law was about, was, FULLY AUTOMATIC MACHINE GUNS.

NOT ASSAULT WEAPONS.

It wasn't about the current "assault weapon," debate. That debate is now over. Let it go. And to be quite honest, the definition of the "assault weapon," that they currently want to restrict is anything that is semi-automatic. Which is, well, just about any gun on the market.

The globalists, which means every person on the planet that isn't American, would love for Americans to not have their guns. Well, it isn't going to happen. They'll have to invade first.

So quit being a douche.

If Reagan were here, he wouldn't give you the time of day.

ANother fucking gotcha thread by the board's chief liar. And Reagan was probably talking about closing the machine gun registry, not a ban like the Clinton era Assault Weapons Ban.

SO looks like a double failure for Nutjobber.

Reagan was wrong about a lot of things. But in general he was a good president. Times have changed, some of our police forces have been armed as if they were members of an army. Thus the people now need machine guns to defend themselves against this new aggressor.

Forum List

Back