Syrian Rebels Pledge Loyalty To Al-qaeda

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Arming these folks should turn out well. Isn't Assad bring stability to the region? Can someone remind me what he has done to piss off Obama? Not that he has not I just need reminded of the threat he poses to the USofA.

Syrian rebels pledge loyalty to al-Qaeda

BEIRUT — A Syrian rebel group's April pledge of allegiance to al-Qaeda's replacement for Osama bin Laden suggests that the terrorist group's influence is not waning and that it may take a greater role in the Western-backed fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad.
The pledge of allegiance by Syrian Jabhat al Nusra Front chief Abou Mohamad al-Joulani to al-Qaeda leader Sheik Ayman al-Zawahri was coupled with an announcement by the al-Qaeda affiliate in Iraq, the Islamic State of Iraq, that it would work with al Nusra as well.

Quick, email the pres and congress.

We could but they wouldn't listen. Only a handful care that the weaponry provided will continue to fall into the hands of AQ affiliates.

And continue is the key word here Jake. Qatar, Turkey and Saudia Arabia have been providing weaponry to the paid mercenaries since 2012 with the CIA's involvement in an advisory capacity.

What we are witnessing is "posturing for the mid terms" on both sides of the aisle. Bi partisan slag here.

Dangerous game the President and his administration has been playing to depose Assad.

I fear the situation in Syria will only worsen because of this obsession to remove Assad from power.

The track record on regime change doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy.

Forum List

Back