President Obama tells Medvedev-‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

Translation: I can't do my job and get re-elected at the same time.

Ollie, c'mon dude.

Bush invaded Panama after the mid-terms back in 1989. Do you honestly believe that he couldn't have gone in anytime during that Fall and had largely the same result? Of course he could have. One of the reasons he waited until after the midterms because it was thought to be politically advantageous to do so.

Presidents do this all the time; most do not do it with a live microphone in their proximity.

Wow... Really??? So the left believes that:
Wow, you promoted me to the spokesman for the left? Thanks. Seriously though, I speak for myself; nobody else.

1. Barry didn't do anything that Bush 41 didn't do in regards to Operation Just Cause in December of 1989. The only difference is that Barry's mike was on.
I think politics played a role in President Bush's decision to invade Panama when he did, yes. President Obama is simply stating that for the time being, politics is a concern of his. As a politician, you certainly aren't shocked are you?

2. That Russia openly wants to be our friend and ally. But of course, those evil right wingers just won't let the cold war go.
I don't care much about Russia's intent. A country that can barely feed itself isn't much of a threat though. As for the right wing; I don't see them as evil, just bitter to the point of becoming a carnival act. It's as if Archie Bunker (sp?) has 1,000 voices now. Whether it's calling women whom they don't know sluts, or black teenagers getting gunned down and the gunman not even being detained, or the President of the United States's birth being called into question, the right wing's sour grape parade knows no boundaries. One dumbass here called the assassination of OBL a "mistake". It's comical how much personal hatred you have for this man. Look at your own words. Did you call George Bush Sr. or Jr. "Georgie" or "Bushy" or something similar?

3. That missle defense really doesn't work.
Depends on the missile.

4. That missle defensive batteries in Poland and the Czech Republic are actually 'first strike' capable.
Don't know enough about it to say so either way.

Okay, I hope that in the past two posts that I've made on this thread, I have sufficiently addressed #3 and #4. So let's look at #1 and #2 now.

Operation Just Cause happened in December of 1989 AFTER several incidents occurred, giving President Bush no alternative but to go into Panama.

I realize that for the left, the death of a Marine is not a big thing [author edit, fuck you], but in December of 1989, a gentleman by the name of Lt. Paz was stopped, assaulted and when he tried to flee, was shot to death by the PDF. Also in December of 1989, a Navy officer and his wfie were stopped, the officer assaulted and his wife threatened with sexual assault by the PDF. Two other incidents of harrassment and assault of six US military personnel occurred in December of 1989. And of course, let's not forget that General Noriega had stated in a speech that Panama was "at war" with the United States. It was only AFTER these incidents that President Bush was forced to go into Panama. To have begun the operation before the mid terms would have placed it BEFORE these incidents occurred. So I'm afraid your analogy is false.

So just so I'm clear, the tragic death of a marine, harrassment of personnel, and sexual assaults are justification for war. If the same thing happens in Beijing tomorrow, should Obama send in the troops? China basically shot down one of our planes a few years back. Remember that? Sounds a lot more serious than what happened in Panama. But to each their own I suppose.

BUSH IS HISTORY!!! YOU GOT THAT!!!!
What this bozo has done, and continues to do is so incredibly treasonous and so incredibly damaging to OUR country (yes, YOURS and mine, and all the rest here), that it is almost min-boggling that any SANE person would still defend him. Even more impossible to absorb is that any SANE, REASONABLE individual would continue to pull the Bush did it bullshit card.
Obama is a traitor. Obama hates this country, everything is stands for, and every man, woman, and child who claims to be an American.

Drama queen.

Bush didn't do anything traitorous and neither did our President Obama. Politics plays a role in all decisions made by presidents. To think otherwise is particularly naive. President Obama's problem is that he showed you, apparently, unsophisticated and naive people how the sausage is made. Also look for the price of gasoline to stabilize over the next few months before the election. This is 'probably' going to be the result of some behind the scenes arm twisting by the President. You likely won't hear about it but you've heard it here first.

Oh, I fully expect that flaccid piece of shit you so honor to do everything and anything to manipulate the price of fuel before the election. Right now, people are getting a bit testy about prices at the pumps, prices resulting at least partially because of your monkey-in-a-business suit's policies regarding energy production and use in this country. Because many people are waking up and becoming aware of just how detrimental his ideology is to our way of life and our standard of living, he's feeling the heat and getting a bit nervous about his reelection.
What we heard him say reflected his true voice. He asked the leader of another country to persuade his replacement to postpone important negotiations until after our elections. Why? Because O'bozo will be a lame duck president (if he wins) and he will no doubt fast-track his dismantling of this Nation.

Oh, yeah, if he does succeed in manipulating prices before the election, and should he indeed be reelected, I guarantee you, we will see fuel prices rising to well over $5/gal after November. He'll just suck some of his Wall Street buddies' dicks and have them back off the oil speculation until after the election.

he he he...

See what I mean by comic hatred?

And you wonder why you're laughed at...

Wow, you promoted me to the spokesman for the left? Thanks. Seriously though, I speak for myself; nobody else.

Well, what about the guys over at ThinkProgress who write your lines for you?

They deserve SOME credit....

I think politics played a role in President Bush's decision to invade Panama when he did, yes. President Obama is simply stating that for the time being, politics is a concern of his. As a politician, you certainly aren't shocked are you?

Obama stated that he can't reveal his true intent until after the election, and that Putin would be pleased with the results.

I don't care much about Russia's intent.

Obama sure does. He'll bow down to Vlad fo sho.

A country that can barely feed itself isn't much of a threat though.

Is that what you think of Russia?

ROFL...

As for the right wing; I don't see them as evil, just bitter to the point of becoming a carnival act. It's as if Archie Bunker (sp?) has 1,000 voices now. Whether it's calling women whom they don't know sluts,

Yeah, I see your point.

Bill Maher Calls Sarah Palin **** | Stand-Up Act | Mediaite

or black teenagers getting gunned down and the gunman not even being detained, or the President of the United States's birth being called into question,

And you leftists are so graceful..

{Rather resigned while under investigation for allegedly having falsified reports on a "60 Minutes" segment about the Texas Air National Guard service record of then-president George W. Bush, }

The Daily Bell

the right wing's sour grape parade knows no boundaries.

I see your point....

Democrats.com Archive: Stolen Election 2000

You leftist would never have sour grapes...

One dumbass here called the assassination of OBL a "mistake".

You leftists are sure above that.

MV5BOTE3MDE2MjYxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODYxODgzMQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

It's comical how much personal hatred you have for this man.

We should learn from you progressives.

12510702373.JPG

Look at your own words. Did you call George Bush Sr. or Jr. "Georgie" or "Bushy" or something similar?

What did you call him? You leftists were always so respectful...

Shrub.jpg

Seriously dude, could you be more of a fucking hypocrite?

Is it possible?

Obama was the wrong choice in 2008, and an even worse choice in 2012.

He proves it every week. And all the Obamabots do is spin it away.......

Now it is beginning to look like his signature legislation will be canned by the Supreme court while he makes secret deals with Russia.

This simply cannot be spun away............

aka I can do what I want.

President Obama Asks Medvedev for ‘Space’ on Missile Defense — ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

SEOUL, South Korea — At the tail end of his 90 minute meeting with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev Monday, President Obama said that he would have “more flexibility” to deal with controversial issues such as missile defense, but incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin needs to give him “space.”

The exchange was picked up by microphones as reporters were let into the room for remarks by the two leaders.
The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

President Obama Asks Medvedev for ‘Space’ on Missile Defense — ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’ - ABC News

Aka, after the election, the American people won't be able to stop me disarming missile defense and leaving this country defenseless.

Remember this and vote.

November 2012 is coming.

Yes, obviously Obama's plot is to surrender the US to the Russians.

Because he's a Muslim.

You people have some serious mental issues. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Actually, he seems to be surrendering Poland to the Russians.

Because he's a Muslim.

Barry Da Fairy?

ROFL

Obama has no god above himself. Not the Muslim god Muhammad, or the Christian god or any other god.

Barry is convinced HE is god of all.

So explain what Obama meant?

That he said it is fact - so the one with mental issues appears to be you, who denies reality because it doesn't fit with your political agenda.

Shhhh.... you're interrupting their fantasy

I think the usual USMB rw suspects enjoy foaming at the mouth over trifles. The President knows that he has very little in the competition- dept from the wingers.

Well, if you had no trouble supporting the slaughter of a young girl at Chappaquiddick, and a rapist, you'll have none supporting a traitor.

What a drama queen you are, as well as a liar. I have noticed that since the Republican leadership has started lying in earnest, so have their uninformed supporters. None of you would know the truth if it kicked you in your respective asses.

Well, I don't think that all of the facts are against him. I have not known you to be the least bit objective about this president.

This was a serious stumble for your little tin god.

How much it will hurt him is yet to be seen. It SHOULD be the end of his political career, but many Americans don't grasp international politics and the reality of Putin rebuilding the Soviet Empire.

I have a lot of criticism of Jim Wright, because he was a traitor and all. BUT I will say that I am convinced that Wright truly believed that the people of the USA would be better off under Soviet Rule, that he sought to have the USA fall to the USSR based on a sincere belief that World Communism under the Soviets was the best outcome.

Is that the position of Obama? That Americans would be better off ruled by Russia?

Oh, please. It was a serious stumble for the idiot candidate your pathetic party is going to settle on. Not our president.

Well, I don't think that all of the facts are against him. I have not known you to be the least bit objective about this president.

How much it will hurt him is yet to be seen. It SHOULD be the end of his political career, but many Americans don't grasp international politics and the reality of Putin rebuilding the Soviet Empire.

I have a lot of criticism of Jim Wright, because he was a traitor and all. BUT I will say that I am convinced that Wright truly believed that the people of the USA would be better off under Soviet Rule, that he sought to have the USA fall to the USSR based on a sincere belief that World Communism under the Soviets was the best outcome.

Is that the position of Obama? That Americans would be better off ruled by Russia?

Oh, please. It was a serious stumble for the idiot candidate your pathetic party is going to settle on. Not our president.

It wasn't a gaffe or a stumble obama knew exactly what he was saying.

And note the cretins that come to his defense?

Obama is wet-behind-the-ears petulant child with an axe to grind.

And note the cretins that come to his defense?

Obama is wet-behind-the-ears petulant child with an axe to grind.

I can't believe some of these people. obama needs to go. Something like this might force me to vote for anyone but obama.

Tell it to Uncensored.

Now it is beginning to look like his signature legislation will be canned by the Supreme court while he makes secret deals with Russia.

He proves it every time he draws a breath and utters a word.

Yeah...that 'Open Mic' will hurt him immensely. He gave away his plan to sell us out to the likes of Putin.

...there was something a little worrisome in this overheard conversation: Just how flexible does Obama plan to be with Russia on the missile defense, which he redesigned once already to take account of Russian concerns?

Obama

:dunno:

Last edited:

Actually, he seems to be surrendering Poland to the Russians.

Because he's a Muslim.

Barry Da Fairy?

ROFL

Obama has no god above himself. Not the Muslim god Muhammad, or the Christian god or any other god.

Barry is convinced HE is god of all.

So explain what Obama meant?

That he said it is fact - so the one with mental issues appears to be you, who denies reality because it doesn't fit with your political agenda.

Can I explain what Obama meant? Well, no.

You see, unlike you insane black-helicopter types, I don't claim to have some secret knowledge as to what the President is thinking at any given moment.

However, I can tell you what he MIGHT have meant. And in terms that would be much more rational than "Waiting til he gets re-elected so he can let the Russians take over the world."...

1. He wants to wait til re-election before creating a new agreement on missile defense...
as anything he does in an election season, anything at all, will obviously be spun by his political opponents as some sort of conspiracy...
As proved by this very conversation.

2. He wants to wait until re-election to discuss a cooperative plan to fence in dangerous rogue nations like N Korea and Iran with missile defense systems, for everyone's mutual benefit.

Of course, obviously, your "he wants to hand over the world to the Russians scenario", with no apparent reason or motivation, is much more likely than either of these...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Of course, in your broken, thought-controlled minds, the primary goal of your political opponents is to destroy the United States of America.

Which is why the partisan crazies of all stripes really need to be voted out of office this election cycle, before they divide our nation irreparably.

...there was something a little worrisome in this overheard conversation: Just how flexible does Obama plan to be with Russia on the missile defense, which he redesigned once already to take account of Russian concerns?

Obama

:dunno:

Russia remains unhappy. It wants an equal role and a written legal guarantee from the U.S. that the missile defense system would never be turned against Russia’s nuclear arsenal. That’s something Congress would never agree to.

Let them continue to cry.

Forum List

Back