President Obama tells Medvedev-‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility'

Boehner chides Romney for criticizing Obama while abroad

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) took a slight dig Tuesday at Mitt Romney for criticizing President Obama while the president was out of the country.

Boehner suggested it was inappropriate for Romney, the front-running GOP presidential contender, to take aim at Obama's exchange with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, when Obama signaled to his outgoing Russian counterpart after a meeting in South Korea that he would have more "flexibility" to negotiate on missile defense after this fall's elections.

"Clearly while the president is overseas, he's at a conference and while the president is overseas I think it's appropriate that people not be critical of him or our country," Boehner said in response to a question from NBC News about whether he agreed with Romney's assessment that Russia is the "number one geopolitical foe" of the United States.

First Read - Boehner chides Romney for criticizing Obama while abroad

I think as a Citizen? Roment may chide Obama whereever he may happen to be.

Boehner needs to shut up on these matters.

No, he's right. It makes us look bad. It's like airing your dirty family laundry in front of visitors.

Russian president lobs 'Hollywood' charge at Romney

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev tweaked Mitt Romney for his characterization of Russia as the "No. 1 geopolitical foe" of the United States, saying the comments did not reflect the current relationship between the two countries.

"It is very reminiscent of Hollywood and also of a certain phase in Russian-U.S. relations," Medvedev said at the end of the nuclear security summit in South Korea Tuesday.

Medvedev urged Romney to take the current climate into account if he hopes to win the presidential election.

"My first advice is to listen to reason when they formulate their positions. Reason never harmed a presidential candidate," Medvedev said. "My other advice is to check their watches from time to time: it is 2012, not the mid-1970s."

Russian president lobs ‘Hollywood’ charge at Romney – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

That's embarrassing!!!
I don't get it the president said what he did and you attack Romney using one of the offenders in the plot to destroy America? You defend obama ARE YOU AN AMERICAN?

No, he's right. It makes us look bad. It's like airing your dirty family laundry in front of visitors.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev tweaked Mitt Romney for his characterization of Russia as the "No. 1 geopolitical foe" of the United States, saying the comments did not reflect the current relationship between the two countries.

"It is very reminiscent of Hollywood and also of a certain phase in Russian-U.S. relations," Medvedev said at the end of the nuclear security summit in South Korea Tuesday.

Medvedev urged Romney to take the current climate into account if he hopes to win the presidential election.

"My first advice is to listen to reason when they formulate their positions. Reason never harmed a presidential candidate," Medvedev said. "My other advice is to check their watches from time to time: it is 2012, not the mid-1970s."

Russian president lobs ‘Hollywood’ charge at Romney – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

That's embarrassing!!!
I don't get it the president said what he did and you attack Romney using one of the offenders in the plot to destroy America? You defend obama ARE YOU AN AMERICAN?

OBAMA must be defended no matter that he was caught selling the people he is supposed to be trying to protect down the river.

THIS episode will haunt him.

That's embarrassing!!!

OBAMA must be defended no matter that he was caught selling the people he is supposed to be trying to protect down the river.

It's up to us to ensure that the memory stays fresh, at least until after November.

It's up to us to ensure that the memory stays fresh, at least until after November.

You can count me in.

The only positive aspect of this exchange is that it is some indication that obama intends that an election will be permitted. He might not permit the outcome of the election if he loses, but we will have some kind of procedure.

:lol:

This after a president, who in 2000, lost the popular vote was still installed by an extremely dubious process.

Gotta love it.

Since the President is elected by the electoral college, losing the popular vote and winning the election is possible every 4 years.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) took a slight dig Tuesday at Mitt Romney for criticizing President Obama while the president was out of the country.

Boehner suggested it was inappropriate for Romney, the front-running GOP presidential contender, to take aim at Obama's exchange with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, when Obama signaled to his outgoing Russian counterpart after a meeting in South Korea that he would have more "flexibility" to negotiate on missile defense after this fall's elections.

"Clearly while the president is overseas, he's at a conference and while the president is overseas I think it's appropriate that people not be critical of him or our country," Boehner said in response to a question from NBC News about whether he agreed with Romney's assessment that Russia is the "number one geopolitical foe" of the United States.

I have liked Mr Boehner ever since the day he took over the congress and spoke for over 2 hours against Obamacare and the Dems couldn't shut him up. But in this case he is wrong. The President stepped on it and he deserves to be chastised for it. And he is still the President and liable for what he says no matter where he is and even if he makes a lame attempt to laugh it off.....

"President Obama tells Medvedev-‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility' "

Duh! And the lying Pubs, their propagandists, and the idiot dupes go nuts. No class, no integrity, and no brains at all, a disgrace. The world is aghast...again.

"President Obama tells Medvedev-‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility' "

Duh! And the lying Pubs, their propagandists, and the idiot dupes go nuts. No class, no integrity, and no brains at all, a disgrace. The world is aghast...again.

If this wan't so serious it would be comical the way some on the left are falling all over themselves to deflect what obama said.

Well no TPS..that's not what that means.

It means he can focus more time on various issues without the burden of an election campaign.

Translation: I can't do my job and get re-elected at the same time.

Ollie, c'mon dude.

Bush invaded Panama after the mid-terms back in 1989. Do you honestly believe that he couldn't have gone in anytime during that Fall and had largely the same result? Of course he could have. One of the reasons he waited until after the midterms because it was thought to be politically advantageous to do so.

Presidents do this all the time; most do not do it with a live microphone in their proximity.

Last edited:

That's embarrassing!!!

YOUR first mistake is giving a tinker's DAMN of what some Vodka-Guzzling RUSSIAN says.

Get it?

We need to care what other countries think!!! Are you friggin' joking here??? :mad:

That's embarrassing!!!

It's all way over your pointed head, sonny.

The only positive aspect of this exchange is that it is some indication that obama intends that an election will be permitted. He might not permit the outcome of the election if he loses, but we will have some kind of procedure.

:lol:

This after a president, who in 2000, lost the popular vote was still installed by an extremely dubious process.

Gotta love it.

Since the President is elected by the electoral college, losing the popular vote and winning the election is possible every 4 years.

Of course it is possible. But in the year 2000, the "new president" was declared the winner under extremely dubious circumstances.

Im amazed at how the left is tripping all over themselves to protect a POTUS that is planning on selling out Poland again.

Well no TPS..that's not what that means.

It means he can focus more time on various issues without the burden of an election campaign.

Ollie, c'mon dude.

Bush invaded Panama after the mid-terms back in 1989. Do you honestly believe that he couldn't have gone in anytime during that Fall and had largely the same result? Of course he could have. One of the reasons he waited until after the midterms because it was thought to be politically advantageous to do so.

Presidents do this all the time; most do not do it with a live microphone in their proximity.

BUSH IS HISTORY!!! YOU GOT THAT!!!!
What this bozo has done, and continues to do is so incredibly treasonous and so incredibly damaging to OUR country (yes, YOURS and mine, and all the rest here), that it is almost mind-boggling that any SANE person would still defend him. Even more impossible to absorb is that any SANE, REASONABLE individual would continue to pull the Bush did it bullshit card.
Obama is a traitor. Obama hates this country, everything it stands for, and every man, woman, and child who claims to be an American.

Last edited:

I must reluctantly agree that Boehner has a point. This POTUS is such a radical piece of human waste that we tend to forget what the Office really means to the rest of the world.

Interesting; he's to busy to take care of the affairs of this nation because of an upcoming election? You're right he needs to go because he can't handle the job.

How can you be sure that both you and the Russians aren't being fooled? A "free hand" to do what? It doesn't seem like he's promised them anything except telling them a truism that doesn't mean anything one way or the other. It's like checking at poker. Doesn't mean you aren't going to go "all-in" the next go-round.

Except for one small fact, this isn't poker and the stakes are much MUCH higher.

A mere truism that doesn't change a thing. He hasn't given anything away and hasn't declared the second biggest nuclear power an enemy, like some.

Ollie, c'mon dude.

BUSH IS HISTORY!!! YOU GOT THAT!!!!
What this bozo has done, and continues to do is so incredibly treasonous and so incredibly damaging to OUR country (yes, YOURS and mine, and all the rest here), that it is almost min-boggling that any SANE person would still defend him. Even more impossible to absorb is that any SANE, REASONABLE individual would continue to pull the Bush did it bullshit card.
Obama is a traitor. Obama hates this country, everything is stands for, and every man, woman, and child who claims to be an American.

Drama queen.

Bush didn't do anything traitorous and neither did our President Obama. Politics plays a role in all decisions made by presidents. To think otherwise is particularly naive. President Obama's problem is that he showed you, apparently, unsophisticated and naive people how the sausage is made. Also look for the price of gasoline to stabilize over the next few months before the election. This is 'probably' going to be the result of some behind the scenes arm twisting by the President. You likely won't hear about it but you've heard it here first.

Forum List

Back