President Obama on Trayvon Martin

That statistic is predicated on the assumption that all who own guns are members of dysfunctional families.

So to keep the record straight let us say those of us who own guns and live with potential crazies are seven times more likely to be shot by one of them than those of us who live with rational people.

There is no predication. These are the facts.

And everyone is a potential crazy. Everyone.
That being the case, let's take sharp knives and blunt objects away from everyone, too. You never know when someone might just flip their shit and start stabbing and/or beating others in their home, so why take the chance?

Reductio ad absurdum Look it up. No, people wouldn't use knives or blunt objects to the extent that guns are used. It's false on the face of it. Guns bring ease to killing that you don't get with other methods.

"If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

Obama also said THIS, after being questioned about the killing:

Obama's intervention was prompted by a question from reporters during a White House announcement on its nominee for head of the World Bank.

"Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through," he said from the White House Rose Garden.

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids, and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this."

President Obama: Trayvon Martin case a ‘tragedy’ - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

Who said whites were against what is happening?

There is no predication. These are the facts.

And everyone is a potential crazy. Everyone.
That being the case, let's take sharp knives and blunt objects away from everyone, too. You never know when someone might just flip their shit and start stabbing and/or beating others in their home, so why take the chance?

Reductio ad absurdum Look it up. No, people wouldn't use knives or blunt objects to the extent that guns are used. It's false on the face of it. Guns bring ease to killing that you don't get with other methods.
So banning guns won't stop one from killing his family, it will just make it a little harder. Got it. :thup:

Guns are a threat to the people that own them and their families.
Tell you what -- I'll take my chances with my firearms and you can butt the fuck out of my business. kthx

Then quit posting, because with that attitude, I'll be in your face a lot. :lol::lol::lol:
Was I fucking talking to you, cocksnot? You don't even have the intellectual honesty to answer a simple question. Getting "in my face" just means you're going to get clowned a lot, dipshit.

You should just go back to running away like you used to.

Explain what difference an arrest will make in this case.

After you explain why there was no investigation, until after the spotlight hit.
I can't read minds, so no.

Now kindly explain your theory that an arrest must take place in this situation.

I done it more than once, if you've bothered to read the thread. Here goes again, he pursued the kid when toold not to. Hardly a "standing my ground" situation. At that point the police should have at least taken him in and questioned him, if not arrested him.

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

President Obama voiced a common concern among black parents. That their son could be caught "walking while black". That fear among the community of a black male walking through a neighborhood could lead to his death. That appears to be the case here

Tell you what -- I'll take my chances with my firearms and you can butt the fuck out of my business. kthx

Then quit posting, because with that attitude, I'll be in your face a lot. :lol::lol::lol:
Was I fucking talking to you, cocksnot? You don't even have the intellectual honesty to answer a simple question. Getting "in my face" just means you're going to get clowned a lot, dipshit.

You should just go back to running away like you used to.

Clowned a lot? What's that? It's not like you can really do anything to me, so chill out. Who's been running away? I'm going to be here. :cuckoo:

So banning guns won't stop one from killing his family, it will just make it a little harder. Got it. :thup:

I have no confidence that you really get anything.

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

You have it the wrong way around.

First, comes the investigations. Then comes the arrest, and then, if there is sufficient evidence... it goes to trial. That is our due process. Everyone - no matter who you are or what your race is - is entitled to the same process. We do not find people guilty with trial by media in this country. Thank (insert relevant deity here) for that.

That's is certainly what they did in the Duke La Cross case isn't it?

President Obama voiced a common concern among black parents. That their son could be caught "walking while black". That fear among the community of a black male walking through a neighborhood could lead to his death. That appears to be the case here

A prompt, more thorough investigation might have stopped MEDIA HOUNDS from getting a grip on the killing, Florida's law, and the resultant INTEREST.

What was the question?

Zimmerman needs to be tried, and the Police department needs to be investigated, IMHO.

He couldn't just stop at the first part of his statement below...

“I think every parent in America,” he said, “should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative to investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together — federal, state, and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.” He noted that he was glad that the Justice Department had stepped in to investigate the specifics of the case.

“But my main message,” he added, “is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And, you know, I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.”

President Obama Comments On Trayvon Martin Case: ‘If I Had A Son, He’d Look Like Trayvon’ | Mediaite

No, he had to go on with his "main message", which is to emphasize that as a black man, he possesses a deeper understanding. Just imagine if this incident had happened to a white kid, and a white president made those exact comments.

Well, that would be stupid, because the situations don't even compare. When does the average white teenager suffer suspicions based on his race?

Ya mean like when those black kids poured gasoline on the white kid because he was white and then set him on fire?? ya mean like that? Oh I see,, white burned up kids don't matter do they?

President Obama Comments On Trayvon Martin Case: ‘If I Had A Son, He’d Look Like Trayvon’ | Mediaite

No, he had to go on with his "main message", which is to emphasize that as a black man, he possesses a deeper understanding. Just imagine if this incident had happened to a white kid, and a white president made those exact comments.

Well, that would be stupid, because the situations don't even compare. When does the average white teenager suffer suspicions based on his race?

Ya mean like when those black kids poured gasoline on the white kid because he was white and then set him on fire?? ya mean like that? Oh I see,, white burned up kids don't matter do they?

Suspects still at large I gather. Not questioned, then released after the police conclusion. Still, a tragic crime.

Those of you screaming about the rights reaction to this whole case but excuse Obamas race injected comments are a hoot. The man that shot him appears to be a minority as well. Not that it matters, I just don't see the need to nationalize race into every god damn issue.

you mean reverend rights ?? just kidding.

obama = division = race division = violence in the streets class warfare, keep it up barrack, if that is your name, your star is fading because of your arrogant attitude and endless ego, and you will lose the election to a moderate from massachusettes, how embarrassing is that ?

Last edited:
Where's the "sanctity of life" folks on the right?
Where's Ralph Reed?
Where's Pat Robertson?
Where's Rick Santorum?

I guess the sanctity of life has an expiration date for these folks.

Sorry once you leave the womb, you're on your own baby!

:lol: I suggest you join CG in checking out the difference between the definitions of "suspicion" and "attack".

Are you just guessing how many whites are against the arrest and trial? I think so. You are being judgmental.

I am white. The shooter is Hispanic. The boy is black. I think the man MURDERED the boy...chased him down after being told to lay back and he MURDERED the boy.

Suspects still at large I gather. Not questioned, then released after the police conclusion. Still, a tragic crime.

that's not what he asked dumbknot.

Forum List

Back