Rick Santorum supporters...

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Your boy Ricky is off my list. Until recently, I was considering Romney and Santorum as the only possible choices I would have on election day.

Santorum's absolutely ridiculous comment regarding the choosing of the Republican candidate assured me that Rick Santorum supporters are backing an idiot.

I can't quote the idiot verbatim because I just heard it on the radio while driving to work.

He said that we'd be better off sticking with Obama than electing an unknown like Romney.

Rick Santorum is a goddamned idiot.

I will be backing Romney.

Your boy Ricky is off my list. Until recently, I was considering Romney and Santorum as the only possible choices I would have on election day.

Santorum's absolutely ridiculous comment regarding the choosing of the Republican candidate assured me that Rick Santorum supporters are backing an idiot.

I can't quote the idiot verbatim because I just heard it on the radio while driving to work.

He said that we'd be better off sticking with Obama than electing an unknown like Romney.

I hope he buried himself with that comment. This is what I love about the process; the more they talk, the more they reveal of their true natures. I have enjoyed some of Santorum's vision for America, but in the back of my mind, I have kept my distance from him, as I also saw another side, not yet revealed and it is that of a vicious nature.

Even Newt agreed: Rival Newt Gingrich tweeted: "Rick Santorum is dead wrong. Any GOP nominee will be better than Obama."

Read more: Santorum Suggests Obama Preferable Over 'Etch A Sketch' Romney | Fox News

I vaguely heard that comment... I figured it must have been taken out of context and I haven't had a chance to research the full context of his comment. If the context stands up, and he actually said that we'd be better off sticking with Obama... then he does not deserve to be the GOP nominee.

But... I've been backing Romney anyway.

I vaguely heard that comment... I figured it must have been taken out of context and I haven't had a chance to research the full context of his comment. If the context stands up, and he actually said that we'd be better off sticking with Obama... then he does not deserve to be the GOP nominee.

It's in context. He said "were better off with what we got than an Etch A Sketch unknown" while holding up the old toy in reference to romney.

He's done.

It's in context. He said "were better off with what we got than an Etch A Sketch unknown" while holding up the old toy in reference to romney.

He's done.

GO Romney. You just had a big boost. :clap2:

Santorum Suggests Obama Preferable Over 'Etch A Sketch' Romney | Fox News

Did Santorum say anything that isn't true? What's the issue here? Oh that's right....Party first.

He's done.

I haven't checked out the Etch A Sketch comment... but my understanding of that is that it has been taken out of context too.

Santorum just shot his own campaign dead though. Which is good news.

It would certainly appear that Santorum has ended his own presidential aspirations. However, if he were the nominee, I would still vote for him.

I haven't checked out the Etch A Sketch comment... but my understanding of that is that it has been taken out of context too.

Hmmm....I don't think it was taken out of context.

"You win by giving people the opportunity to see a different vision for our country, not someone who’s just going to be a little different than the person in there," said Santorum. "If you’re going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk with what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate of the future.”​

regarding the "Etch a Sketch candidate" he is talking about Romney:

For the second day in a row, the former Pennsylvania senator brought an Etch A Sketch on the trail as a prop to remind voters of Romney adviser Eric Fehrnstrom's response to a question about whether Santorum is pushing Romney too far right to win over moderate voters in a general election. "Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom said Wednesday on CNN. "It’s almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all over again."

Santorum: We

First Read - Santorum: GOP better off with Obama than 'Etch A Sketch' Republican

"You win by giving people the opportunity to see a different vision for our country, not someone who’s just going to be a little different than the person in there," said Santorum. "If you’re going to be a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk with what may be the Etch A Sketch candidate of the future.”​

For the second day in a row, the former Pennsylvania senator brought an Etch A Sketch on the trail as a prop to remind voters of Romney adviser Eric Fehrnstrom's response to a question about whether Santorum is pushing Romney too far right to win over moderate voters in a general election. "Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom said Wednesday on CNN. "It’s almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all over again."

First Read - Santorum: GOP better off with Obama than 'Etch A Sketch' Republican

Neither link provides the full context. I'm not interested in one sentence quotes. I want the full question, and the full response. That is context.

Neither link provides the full context. I'm not interested in one sentence quotes. I want the full question, and the full response. That is context.

I don't think there was a question asked of him. I think he was just giving a speech to supporters.

This goes into a bit more detail. I will keep looking though

Santorum: Might As Well Have Obama Over Romney « CBS DC

yes, because CONZ never say anything stupid without being misquoted or spun by the "liberal media"

Like when Limbaugh called that young woman a slut.

OBVIOUSLY he was misquoted or taken out of context or SOME nefarious liberal dirty trick was played on him.

I don't think there was a question asked of him. I think he was just giving a speech to supporters.

This goes into a bit more detail. I will keep looking though

Santorum: Might As Well Have Obama Over Romney « CBS DC

Thanks for that, Blue. I think, even in context, Santorum has screwed his own self with that crap.

The Etch-A-Sketch comment... I don't see it the way that it's being interpreted. I see it as talking about the difference between the primaries and the GE... And, in that context, it's true - of ALL candidates. They scrap among themselves in the primaries, but come the GE - it's a different message for a different audience. That seems perfectly logical and fine to me. It was a dumb analogy... but no more than that.

Did Santorum say anything that isn't true? What's the issue here? Oh that's right....Party first.
Yes he did...that we might be better off with four more years of Obamashit. And I don't see how you get Party First from this at all. It's CONSTITUTION FIRST. Obama must go.

This rift is within the Republican party. Santorum is TOAST!

ok I was wrong. It was a question from the head of the USAA PAC s about all the attacks between the campaigns and in particular how to reunite the base and win in the fall.

Santorum replied:

"What I’ve said in this campaign is that if you look at the record on a lot of issues, I’ve taken a consistent approach throughout the course of my career. I believe in these fundamental freedom and the way we solve problems in America. And there are many on the Republican side of aisle who don’t…That’s the sort of the approach. That’s the differentiation, if you will, between me going up against Barack Obama, where there really are real contrasts on the issues, as opposed to a lot of these candidates where it’s a race between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. That’s not how you win. In the last century, there’s one person, one Republican candidate, who defeated a Democratic Incumbent for re-election. One in the last century. And that was Ronald Reagan. Almost every other time we ran a moderate because we had to win. Republicans and Conservatives were so worried about getting control back that we have to win so we have to nominate someone who can appeal to-No, you win by giving people a choice. You win by giving the people an opportunity to see a different vision for our country not someone who’s just going to be a little different from the person we have in there. If they’re going to be just a little different, we might as well stay with what we have instead of taking a risk on what may be the Etch-a-sketch candidate of the future.”

Santorum supporters seem to be arguing that he was saying that Independent voters would be of the opinion that we are better off sticking with what we have (Obama) over Romney. I don't read it that way. He didn't say "If they’re going to be just a little different, then people will say we might as well stay with what we have instead of...." he didn't put any qualifier in his statement that I can see.

Psh, talk is cheap. Santorum will fall in line behind Romney and singing his praises should Romney get the nomination. Provided, of course, he doesn't take all his brownshirt supporters and strike out on his own, which would be interesting.

SickRick is right to endorse President Obama. Deal with it.

And, please stop calling every dumb thing those idiots say a "gaffe". They're running for leader of the free world and you want to excuse every stupid thing they say? Good gawd, President Obama accidentally said states when he was talking about primaries and, since its the only thing you have, you just go on and on about it.

BUT, doesn't matter what SickRick, Mittens, Noot, The Old Grumpy Guy or even George Bush says/said - you make up lame excuses.

LISTEN to them - when something incriminating falls out of their mouths, THAT'S when they're finally telling the truth.

Santorum has pushed Romney over the edge. To republicans obama is the head Grand Dragon of the democrat KKK.

Forum List

Back