President Obama on Trayvon Martin

This is a perfect example of the Republican madness of everyone carrying guns.
Concealed carry permit holders are statistically more law abiding than the average citizen.

But leave it to the village idiot to draw a conclusion based upon one incident.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of a gun death.

Why?

Because a gun in the house is more likely to be used by an angry spouse or a depressed teenager to kill themselves or others.

So I draw my conclusion from university studies, and I am not an idiot.

Bottom line Obama injected race into his so called gesture of sympathy. As a parent myself I have never seen color when it comes to tragedies involving kids. And I believe it is very telling that the boys race was one of the first things that came to mind for Obama. Not only that but I find the comment insulting to other parents who have lost children who dont happen to be dark skinned.

And dont even give me the you see race in this because youre a racist routine. Obama injected it, not me. Im simply reacting to it.

You can think what you want, I wasn't expecting to change your mind.

I'll think what I want...fair enough.

What does an arrest have to do with an investigation?

What investigation?
Are you stupid or just obtuse?

Let's try this again: What does an arrest have to do with an investigation?

Why do you keep asking the same question? You're being obtuse. There was no investigation, until there was publicity. The arrest should have taken place that night, since he had been told not to follow the kid, but there wasn't even that level of investigation.

Concealed carry permit holders are statistically more law abiding than the average citizen.

If you own a gun, you or a member of your family is seven times more likely to die of a gun death.

Why?

Because a gun in the house is more likely to be used by an angry spouse or a depressed teenager to kill themselves or others.

Kinda like if you live in an earthquake-prone area you're more likely to be killed in an earthquake, right? Therefore, if you don't want to be killed in your own home with a firearm, don't own one. Problem solved.

I'm not surprised you had to have someone else tell you that.

Where's the "sanctity of life" folks on the right?
Where's Ralph Reed?
Where's Pat Robertson?
Where's Rick Santorum?

I guess the sanctity of life has an expiration date for these folks.

Santorum?

Santorum was at a gun range today, shooting at black silouettes of people, with someone in the crowd yelling

'pretend it's Obama!' to peals of laughter.

yep. You'll be hearing more about this...

Silouettes are always in black. So what. As far as the crowd goes, theres bad apples in every bunch. Whats new?

What investigation?

Why do you keep asking the same question? You're being obtuse. There was no investigation, until there was publicity. The arrest should have taken place that night, since he had been told not to follow the kid, but there wasn't even that level of investigation.
You understand that an investigation can be had without having an arrest first, right?

Why?

Woohoo, dueling statistics. The first to provide cites wins! :cool:

You understand that an investigation can be had without having an arrest first, right?

What investigation? Please cite.

Why?

That statistic is predicated on the assumption that all who own guns are members of dysfunctional families.

So to keep the record straight let us say those of us who own guns and live with potential crazies are seven times more likely to be shot by one of them than those of us who live with rational people.

Why?

That statistic is predicated on the assumption that all who own guns are members of dysfunctional families.

So to keep the record straight let us say those of us who own guns and live with potential crazies are seven times more likely to be shot by one of them than those of us who live with rational people.

There is no predication. These are the facts.

And everyone is a potential crazy. Everyone.

What investigation? Please cite.
Explain what difference an arrest will make in this case.

Why?

You prove the possibility of that statement everyday.

Why?

STILL no cites!!! :eusa_snooty:

You prove the possibility of that statement everyday.

Glad you agree.

Guns are a threat to the people that own them and their families.

Why?

That being the case, let's take sharp knives and blunt objects away from everyone, too. You never know when someone might just flip their shit and start stabbing and/or beating others in their home, so why take the chance?

Where's the "sanctity of life" folks on the right?
Where's Ralph Reed?
Where's Pat Robertson?
Where's Rick Santorum?

I guess the sanctity of life has an expiration date for these folks.

What would you expect them to say?

I'm pro-life. I think the death of Trayvon Martin is a tragedy. It is a shame to think that it even happened.

On the other hand, I don't know all the facts of the case. I won't condemn Mr. Zimmerman until more of the facts come out. For the record, facts does not mean internet chit chat about what so and so saw, heard or said.

What on earth has possessed the country to convict a man on gobs and gobs of hearsay?

Immie

Hearsay like a 911 call where he's told not to do something, but does it anyway? Seems to make him the agressor, rather than someone "standing his ground". Until there's an arrest none of the questions will be answered, hence the drumbeat for it.

Following a suspicious character is not a crime.

Nor is not obeying a suggestion from a 911 operator.

Making an arrest does not answer the questions, that is what the investigation was for. An investigation was made. The investigating authorities determined that they could not convict based upon the evidence attained and decided that charges were not warranted pending further details. The family wasn't satisfied and they got Sharpton and Jackson involved. Now they are ready to lynch Zimmerman from the tallest tree in Sanford without so much as a trial.

Immie

"If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

The president's comment was grossly irresponsible. He should be telling people to keep a level head and reserve judgment until all the facts are in, but that's not who the president is. He's a Marxist who believes in social justice.

Yup. I seem to remember him sticking his nose into what went on in Springfield, MA. You know. Where he called the police actions "Stupid." The beer summit??

He's pretty good at throwing out the irresponsible comments.

Doubt he's reserving judgment on this incident anymore than he did for his pal in Springfield.

Forum List

Back