President Obama on Trayvon Martin

Hearsay like a 911 call where he's told not to do something, but does it anyway? Seems to make him the agressor, rather than someone "standing his ground". Until there's an arrest none of the questions will be answered, hence the drumbeat for it.
So the police are supposed to arrest a person, then investigate them to see if they've done something illegal?

Which country do you live in?

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

Maybe because some of us have more level heads. We weren't there. We don't know exactly what happened or what went down. You are subscribing to an emotional knee jerk reaction based on what looks like happened and allowing yourself to be pulled into the mob mentality. I'll reserve my judgment until more of the facts are in. In this country we are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

The only thing we know for certain right now is that the initial investigation by the local police force was rather piss poor, but that is not an automatic indictment against Zimmerman.

I mean really, do you think it's going to have much of an impact? Any more than the boatloads of media pundits that have gone to much greater lengths and taken broad liberties to let people know their judgments? Really?

It's a tragic situation, and he is trying to relay his sympathies. End of story.

Yes I do believe the impact could be that big. Depends on how the defense chooses to frame and use it. I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't be used by a defense lawyer.

Words have consequences. As Biden once said "This is a big fucking deal!" Lol

I can't imagine how a reference to genetic similarities of the victim and an unrelated party could impact the murder trial.

You're really just reaching too far on this one.

You can't imagine a defense lawyer stretching the truth so to speak?

If the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit

"If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

My exact thoughts! Because if the kid was white it won't matter right? In fact it won't. People wouldn't be in the streets demanding justice. The President wouldn't have said anything.

What did the President just do? First, he was identifying the victim by race instead of as a child. Second, he just use divisive politics that is all he know on to do. Third, he entered into a discussion he should have stayed out of it.

If he was asked about it he should have taken the high road instead of lighting the flames of race divid. This President has done more to hurt racial harmony than any other President in the last 50 years! He is a failure on all fronts.

If he wanted to give a response. He should have said, "My office has heard about the unfortunate situation, but we have faith in the police to do the right thing." Then behind the scenes he could have had a staffer make a call!

He is a worthless President!

If the kid was white, he wouldn't have been followed and shot in the first place. :cuckoo:

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

My exact thoughts! Because if the kid was white it won't matter right? In fact it won't. People wouldn't be in the streets demanding justice. The President wouldn't have said anything.

What did the President just do? First, he was identifying the victim by race instead of as a child. Second, he just use divisive politics that is all he know on to do. Third, he entered into a discussion he should have stayed out of it.

If he was asked about it he should have taken the high road instead of lighting the flames of race divid. This President has done more to hurt racial harmony than any other President in the last 50 years! He is a failure on all fronts.

If he wanted to give a response. He should have said, "My office has heard about the unfortunate situation, but we have faith in the police to do the right thing." Then behind the scenes he could have had a staffer make a call!

He is a worthless President!

He only fanned the flames of racism in the people it burns in, sorry to break it to you.

The president's comment was grossly irresponsible. He should be telling people to keep a level head and reserve judgment until all the facts are in, but that's not who the president is. He's a Marxist who believes in social justice.

Yes I do believe the impact could be that big. Depends on how the defense chooses to frame and use it. I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't be used by a defense lawyer.

Words have consequences. As Biden once said "This is a big fucking deal!" Lol

I can't imagine how a reference to genetic similarities of the victim and an unrelated party could impact the murder trial.

Defense lawyers are good at that, it's their job.

You'll have to give me an example of how they could do it in this instance.

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.
You might be one of the dumbest newbies to come along in a while. The President just projected himself to into a debate that will cause racial tensions. If he was asked and wanted to answer, why did he project race and make it only about race. This guy only knows about race baiting that is it! He is a fool like you!

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.
You miss the point and present a weak red herring, because you're a mental midget.

Most WHITE PEOPLE and MOST CONSERVATIVES are outraged by the slaining. Especially when learning the facts. But this wasn't a white man (in fact the shooter was Latino) killing a black kid. It was about an adult killing a kid in cold blood!

Who is arguing against that you stupid motherfucker!

Hearsay like a 911 call where he's told not to do something, but does it anyway? Seems to make him the agressor, rather than someone "standing his ground". Until there's an arrest none of the questions will be answered, hence the drumbeat for it.

So the police are supposed to arrest a person, then investigate them to see if they've done something illegal?

It's been 4 weeks. Where have you been? The incident didn't happen last night. Until the spotlight was put on, there was no investigation. :eusa_wall:

You will have to ask a lawyer that question.

It's been 4 weeks. Where have you been? The incident didn't happen last night. Until the spotlight was put on, there was no investigation. :eusa_wall:

This is my concern, an INCOMPLETE investigation of a shooting death.

What does an arrest have to do with an investigation?

You will have to ask a lawyer that question.

Well, you know that they can, so I figured you could provide insight on to how that might actually be done.

Okay.

This is a perfect example of the Republican madness of everyone carrying guns.

This is a perfect example of the Republican madness of everyone carrying guns.
Concealed carry permit holders are statistically more law abiding than the average citizen.

But leave it to the village idiot to draw a conclusion based upon one incident.

Where's the "sanctity of life" folks on the right?
Where's Ralph Reed?
Where's Pat Robertson?
Where's Rick Santorum?

I guess the sanctity of life has an expiration date for these folks.

Santorum?

Santorum was at a gun range today, shooting at black silouettes of people, with someone in the crowd yelling

'pretend it's Obama!' to peals of laughter.

yep. You'll be hearing more about this...

If Zimmerman goes to trial Obama's egocentric comment will appear prominently in his lawyer's brief for dismissal on grounds of inability to select an unbiased jury.

"Unfounded assumptions are the first cousins of stupidity, the siblings of ignorance, and the parents of most bad mistakes." (Gen. George S. Patton)

The Sanford police understand the Stand Your Ground law and on its basis found no reason to arrest Zimmerman. So there apparently are facts about this case the public is not yet aware of or is unwilling to accept. If the police did overlook something the facts are being reviewed by a Grand Jury, the State's Attorney, and the FBI.

Zimmerman will be judged by the Law, not by public emotion. So what really is the issue here is Florida's Stand Your Ground law.

Bottom line Obama injected race into his so called gesture of sympathy. As a parent myself I have never seen color when it comes to tragedies involving kids. And I believe it is very telling that the boys race was one of the first things that came to mind for Obama. Not only that but I find the comment insulting to other parents who have lost children who dont happen to be dark skinned.

And dont even give me the you see race in this because youre a racist routine. Obama injected it, not me. Im simply reacting to it.

Forum List

Back