President Obama on Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768
    "If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768
    And just to nip it in the bud. My thoughts on Obamas comments are not talking points or dittohead remarks. This exchange just took place on live tv and has not been commented on by any figure on the right YET

3. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

What is wrong is that the man who killed a 17 year old kid is walking the street with the same gun in his pocket.

He should be arrested and the crime investigated and taken to trial.

Why are so many whites against that happening? Why is faux against that happening?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,694
    hoax...

that question was such a plant, so obama could say if i had a son he would look like me... so out of place... was it WH asst. press secretary chuck todd ?

that is so inappropriate for a president to make it racial... and so quick..

this will haunt him like boston...

this is a process of law... it sounds like vigilantism, charges will be filed shortly. people need not to make this about race, even though it smacks of racism on so many levels. think oj, you would want him to get a fair trial.

as we say in vermont, bringing a gun to a situation like this is never a good idea. that's why we have highly trained police.

both sides will learn a lesson. a court will decide all of this based on the facts. "stand your ground" is irrelevant here.

sharpten and jackson are racebaiting antagonistc bottomfeeders in a time when we need a martin luther king.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  5. Decepticon

Decepticon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Where's the "sanctity of life" folks on the right?
    Where's Ralph Reed?
    Where's Pat Robertson?
    Where's Rick Santorum?

I guess the sanctity of life has an expiration date for these folks.

6. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,966
    A GRAND JURY will meet, the President should not be commenting on this until after charges, if any, AND a conviction.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    You have it the wrong way around.

First, comes the investigations. Then comes the arrest, and then, if there is sufficient evidence... it goes to trial. That is our due process. Everyone - no matter who you are or what your race is - is entitled to the same process. We do not find people guilty with trial by media in this country. Thank (insert relevant deity here) for that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,076
    He couldn't just stop at the first part of his statement below...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/barack-o...in-case-if-i-had-a-son-hed-look-like-trayvon/

No, he had to go on with his "main message", which is to emphasize that as a black man, he possesses a deeper understanding. Just imagine if this incident had happened to a white kid, and a white president made those exact comments.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  9. Wacky Quacky

Wacky Quacky Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Travon's death was horrible. But, the president is only coming out because its in the news, it's election year posturing. Where was he when all of the other black teenage males were killed last year, or were those deaths okay because they were committed by other black males?

The death of an african american is only an issue when it wasn't caused by another african american.

10. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Rev Al needs to be Mourning His Mom.