President Obama: "I'm The Fourth Best President In American History"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Politician, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Politician

Politician BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am concerned about the arrogance of the statement the president is trying to convey. This is considered grandstanding. What do you make of this statement? Does he really think he accomplished that much? He needs to wait and see if he would be re-elected to his second term before making such a statement? Declaring yourself among the greatest presidents in history before the American people even decide to reelect you is again, outright arrogant. I don't recall other presidents making such statements.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvSjDkF7HE]I'm the fourth best president in American history ~ Barack Obama - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  2. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    thats his opinion and with opinions there just like assholes everybody has one. But he does like to inflate his ego just a little to much, Least we forget he is the first president that has had Americas credit rating down graded, record number of people on food stamps, war on many fronts helping our enemies, allowing drug dealers to purchase and carry American guns into mexico.

3. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Context, fellas, context. And BTW, he didn't actually utter those words. He said that his administration has accomplished more than almost any president in history. His administration has accomplished a lot. There is no denying that. And there is an upcoming election year. Of course he's going to tout his accomplishments. Why shouldn't he?

"The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we've got a lot more work to do. And we're gonna keep on at it," President Obama told "60 Minutes" in their "Overtime" segment.
    Obama: Fourth Best President In History Due To Foreign Policy Achievements | RealClearPolitics

4. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    We'll all be dead but someday he will be considered the very best President in American History. The legacies of his opposition as haters, racists, obstructionists, worse and more will be considered in that respect but his enormous accomplishments alone and in the face of all that are astounding. What you might call "arrogance" is not that at all. It's a challenge for all his detractors to simply bring it on. Obviously the white trash in this country need a little motivation to better show THEIR colors. Can't you dig it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    i thought libbs claim that republicans have blocked Obamas policies and thats why the economy is still so bad !!! i know lets spend 20 trillion this time maybe that will work !!!...........libbs are full of it !!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::cuckoo:

6. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    But...but... the GOP has blocked everything Obama ever tried to do, right? That's what the dems all keep saying.

How can he put his accomplishments so high, when according to the Dems, he hasn't accomplished anything because he has been blocked on everything???

7. Politician

Politician BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How can he consider greatness when the country got a credit downgrade for the first time in history on his watch?

8. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    So when you say the Reps are the party of no, you, and obama were lying each and every time.

please not the punctuation, that was a statement of fact, not a question.

9. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Obama is the most racist President ever! He hates White People and then has the nerve to claim he's the 4th best?

10. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    I put his legislation near the bottom. When he had both Houses in this pocket he had to spread over a billion in bribes to get things done.

I put his foreign policy on par with Carters. He's a pussy when dealing with radical countries and has pissed on our allies and gotten us involved with war and murdered a US citizen.

Economically, pfft, Carter thanks god everyday for obama, b/c when he's done Jimmy won't be the worst ever.

While he didn't say the words, just comparing himself shows he has no grasp of just how fucked up he is and that 60 Minutes is in the bag for dems only.