President Obama: "I'm The Fourth Best President In American History"

I am concerned about the arrogance of the statement the president is trying to convey. This is considered grandstanding. What do you make of this statement? Does he really think he accomplished that much? He needs to wait and see if he would be re-elected to his second term before making such a statement? Declaring yourself among the greatest presidents in history before the American people even decide to reelect you is again, outright arrogant. I don't recall other presidents making such statements.

I'm the fourth best president in American history ~ Barack Obama - YouTube

Since Reagan was one of the worst presidents in history, that statement was pretty much true. He did say modern history, btw so the forefathers being shown in the background shows more stupidity on the part of whichever wingnut put this vid together.

Context, fellas, context. And BTW, he didn't actually utter those words. He said that his administration has accomplished more than almost any president in history. His administration has accomplished a lot. There is no denying that. And there is an upcoming election year. Of course he's going to tout his accomplishments. Why shouldn't he?

"The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we've got a lot more work to do. And we're gonna keep on at it," President Obama told "60 Minutes" in their "Overtime" segment.
Obama: Fourth Best President In History Due To Foreign Policy Achievements | RealClearPolitics

Then let him run on his record! You think he haz the ballz to do it?

Obama could cure cancer and they would hate him.

Facts just dont matter to the right

Obama could cure cancer and they would hate him.

Facts just dont matter to the right

And Bush could have spent tons of cash too educate Africans on how to prevent AIDS and help it's victims and you would still hate him.

Oh wait, you were talking make believe and I brought up some truth.

sorry, did it hurt to be proven a hypocrite?

The thread title is funny, considering I watched the interview. That video needs some scary Satanic music to go with it...

Actually..the video has some very nice classical music. It's fun to watch conservatives show their hatred for intellect.

What intellect?

He was spiking the ball and doing a victory dance 3 yards short of the end-zone down by 21 points.

he put himself above clinton. :lol:

that part I liked.

The lying us into war and crashing the world economy I didnt like too much.

He's historic: first ever downgraded credit, unemployment on par with the FDR Depression, annual deficit bigger than any Reagan budget.

Historic I tell ya!

Without their media monopoly, Progressives look like the pathological lairs they always were

We'll all be dead but someday he will be considered the very best President in American History. The legacies of his opposition as haters, racists, obstructionists, worse and more will be considered in that respect but his enormous accomplishments alone and in the face of all that are astounding. What you might call "arrogance" is not that at all. It's a challenge for all his detractors to simply bring it on. Obviously the white trash in this country need a little motivation to better show THEIR colors. Can't you dig it?

The very best? Well let's see...in order for that to happen some pretty amazing things are going to happen next year. For starters, ObamaCare is going to have to be found Constitutional. If it isn't then he'll be know primarily for being the President that spent most of his political "capital" on one of the most badly written pieces of legislation in the country's history that was subsequently gutted because it wasn't legal. Of course Barack didn't actually write that legislation...he left that up to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid because Barack doesn't know HOW to write laws that get passed and actually work.

He's going to have to overcome the stigma of being the first American President to have the country's credit rating downgraded during his administration...something that hasn't happened even during economic downturns such as the Great Depression. Now there's an accomplishment to hang your hat on! What's even scarier is that we're on the fast track to our SECOND credit downgrade because Obama STILL hasn't made cuts to the deficit...refusing to LEAD and leaving it up to a "Super Committee" to do that...one that has failed to cut anything.

There's also that sticky little problem of unemployment. Unless something changes dramatically for the better with the economy he's going to own the longest stretch of high unemployment of any President since FDR. Throw in the "Misery Index" and he's second only to Carter. Way to go, Barack!

Then let's look at all his foreign policy accomplishments. He did get Osama...but he used intel gathered by Bush's enhanced interagations to get him. No intel...no Osama. Thanks W. He did pull us out of Iraq. Now the question remains did he pull out too soon and leave that country in a vulnerable position? Only time will tell. Same thing with Libya. Barack gets a little credit for FINALLY helping to depose Quadafi...(of course thousands of lives were needlessly lost because Obama waffled so badly at the onset of that conflict giving Quadafi a chance to dig in and fight back) but we don't know what the result of that change is going to be. The same goes for Egypt. Then let's talk about Iran. Will Barack be known as the US President who sat idly by as the world's number one supplier of terrorism developed an atomic bomb? Now THERE is a nice legacy! Or lets talk about the deterioration of our relationship with Israel. Our greatest ally in the Middle East isn't hoping for an Obama reelection...I guarantee that. And how do you think we're looking in Pakistan these days? Now there's a foreign policy winner for you! Our relations with them are at an all time low...another possible source of an atomic weapon for our enemies to use against us. Wonder how Obama's legacy will look if that takes place?

When all is said and done, PB...Barack's going to have to have some things break his way if he's going end up in the middle of the pack in the list of great President's...he could very well be rated as the second coming of Jimmy Carter...and THAT is nowhere close to the top.

How many interviews do we need to see of this man?

When is he ever at work?

And he's looking at over half the people doesn't think he deserves to be reelected (historic in only THREE YEARS ON THE JOB), yet he thinks he's right up there as ONE OF THE BEST..

The man isn't working on all cylinders.

As is always the case with worthless lying scum CON$ervatives, the words in quotation marks in this thread's title attributed to Obama were never uttered by Obama.

He ranked himself you lying fuckhole.

When you rank yourself, you need the body of work to back it up. He doesn't, so you blathered, since you have nothing to show that he's above the bottom feeders.

He didn't rank himself.

He ranked "our" <-- first of all

"Legislative Accomplishments" < --- second of all

When you type: President Obama: "I'm the fourth best President in American History" you are clearly lying. Does the OP know what quotation marks mean? Doesn't look like it.

Ed's statement was accurate and you called him a "lying fuckhole." Re-evaluate.

As is always the case with worthless lying scum CON$ervatives, the words in quotation marks in this thread's title attributed to Obama were never uttered by Obama.

When you rank yourself, you need the body of work to back it up. He doesn't, so you blathered, since you have nothing to show that he's above the bottom feeders.

He didn't rank himself.

When you type: President Obama: "I'm the fourth best President in American History" you are clearly lying. Does the OP know what quotation marks mean? Doesn't look like it.

He listed 2 Dems and 1 Rep and then himself in listing Presidential accomplishments.

Saying that he didn't say the words; "I'm the forth best Pres ever." is splitting hairs.

Ed's a lying fuckhole, only a lying fuckhole would split hairs like that.

He didn't rank himself.

He listed 2 Dems and 1 Rep and then himself in listing Presidential accomplishments.

Saying that he didn't say the words; "I'm the forth best Pres ever." is splitting hairs.

Ed's a lying fuckhole, only a lying fuckhole would split hairs like that.

Split hairs? The OP put it in fucking quotes. He lied. Ed told the truth.

Context, fellas, context. And BTW, he didn't actually utter those words. He said that his administration has accomplished more than almost any president in history. His administration has accomplished a lot. There is no denying that. And there is an upcoming election year. Of course he's going to tout his accomplishments. Why shouldn't he?

"The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history. But, you know, but when it comes to the economy, we've got a lot more work to do. And we're gonna keep on at it," President Obama told "60 Minutes" in their "Overtime" segment.
Obama: Fourth Best President In History Due To Foreign Policy Achievements | RealClearPolitics

Yes government criminality has never reached this level of corruption in our history.

Could you guys send some union thugs my way? I promise to play nice..:badgrin:

Forum List

Back