Preordered my ticket for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Jon, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Midnight, July 14th. Woot!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    Gotta question.

The Harry Potter website says the movie is being released on Wednesday July 15th and to check local listings for special midnight shows, and yet every website I look at for pre-ordering the midnight shows is offering tix for a 12.01am show on Tuesday 14th.

So basically what that's saying is that if you go to the 12.01 show you can see the movie 23 hours and 59 minutes before its official release date of July 15th.

So - my question....

Are you going in the wee small hours of Tuesday morning (14th), or the wee small hours of Wednesday morning (15th, the day the movie is supposed to be released)?

Or is the Harry Potter website that says the movie comes out on the 15th actually wrong?

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Or are both my wife and I somehow missing something and being immensely stupid? :confused:

3. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Somehow, with only seeing the part "Preordered my tick..." I automatically assumed you were talking about Harry Potter. And I was right!

Unfortunately, do to personal circumstances, I will be unable to see the film until August... :(

4. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    It's midnight July 15th but technically it's July 14th night.

It's too bad the next 3 movies are going to pale in comparison plot wise to the 1st 5 books. The 1st 7th book movie is going to be camping. :eusa_eh:

It's a shame that Rowling "borrowed" the basic concepts of LOTR and Star Wars though.

Similarities Between Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings

$Harry Potter-Star Wars.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Oh well, who cares if she "borrowed" some ideas, heck, most authors of fantasy fiction do! ;)

The 14 yo is excited about seeing the movie, we were just talking about it a few minutes ago, she's watching the old Harry Potter movies right now on the Family Channel!

Remember, Rowling got kids to get off the computer and start reading again! :clap2:

6. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    You do realize that the movie will be the same exact movie on August 3rd. And the tickets may not be as difficult to get at that time.

7. k2skier

k2skier Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I never go to a movie on opening weekend, always wait at least 1 or 2 week. I think it was Chamber of Secrets we HAD to go on opening weekend tho, to meet Hagrid...when our son was 9. And now he's a couple of months away from getting a drivers license, wow how time flies...

8. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I'm watching said movies at the moment myself. However, it cannot be denied that the quality of the books began to drop off at #5. #3 was always my favorite book.

Looking back now though, it was and will probably be always an enjoyable read but it's highly flawed. J.K had too many plot holes or inconsistencies or just plain no common sense throughout the books. The problem being that originally she wanted to write 3 but the Publishers wanted 7. :eusa_eh:

9. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194

Yeah, I bet all those millions they were throwing at her didn't hurt either! :lol:

10. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Probably not ;)

But that's exactly my point. At that point it seemed "fulfill the 7 book commitment, get the money, and never ever have to do anything for yourself ever again." :lol:

Though if you want my honest opinion, the last two books and even a good part of #5 were cop outs. Another thing, #5 was the longest, and it gets one movie. #7 is I believe the 2nd or 3rd longest (don't remember off the top of my head) yet it gets two movies for the people to make a billion more. Gotta love it. :lol: