Preordered my ticket for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Negative. August 3rd would be a regular show, and regular shows mean lots of children I want to punch in the fucking throat for acting stupid during a movie. Midnight shows are almost always young adults.

I disagree completely. Prisoner of Azkaban is also my favorite of the books, followed very closely by Order of the Phoenix, but I would take Half-blood Prince over 1, 2, and 4 anyday. Half-blood Prince offers back story that is crucial to the development of the serie's most complex character: Snape. Deathly Hallows was a good read, and I think it was a phenomenal conclusion. I can't wait to see how the battle at Hogwarts turns out. I visualize Kreacher with a butcher knife every time I see him in Order of the Phoenix.

What makes the split final two films exciting is the difference in the tone. The first will be adventure; the second will be almost like a war movie. I'm excited to see it all play out on screen. I just hope they don't edit Mrs. Weasley's final words to Bellatrix, because that was one of the BEST parts in the book.

Anger management J? :lol:

Order of the Phoenix was a good book but I was wondering even then, "How come Harry isn't really learning any new spells to fight?" Though the DA idea was genius.

Excluding information about Snape/Voldemort's backstory and the end, HBP was the "Book about nothing". Snape wanted Lily spared because he wanted her all to himself but then runs to Dumbledore once she's killed because he realizes what a total dick Voldemort is. Snape really isn't suppose to be a likable character but that only goes to show the acting greatness of Alan Rickman in that role.

I personally thought Book 7 was a total cop out but maybe that's just me. I can't wait to see The Battle of Hogwarts either in the movie. However, Book 7 with the whole camping and horcruxes seemed like a combination of LOTR/Pokemon. (Gotta catch em all, 8 Gym Badges/already starts off with two,etc) Meanwhile, I was pissed off that Rowling decided to not show some of the most important battle scenes and just kill off characters like Remus and Tonks for dramatic effect for the end. Killing off one of the twins was also unnecessary for the plot as well. While it does make seem the war itself more realistic for the amount of deaths, if you're not going to show them then why bother? I'm hoping that since they are splitting the movies into two that the movies can give justice to their deaths among others that Rowling didn't.

One other thing, Molly's line at first read was funny to me more then anything. I was like really? I understand the whole Mother's love concept but it seems to make a mockery of the death eaters for the #2 person to be killed that easily.

Last edited:
I understand the whole Mother's love concept but it seems to make a mockery of the death eaters for the #2 person to be killed that easily.

The only thing that would have made Bellatrix's defeat more awesome would have been Neville getting his revenge. But I was proud of Neville in Deathly Hollows. He kept Dumbledore's Army together, and he kills Nagini. He really got some amazing scenes. I can't wait to see those on screen either. There's no way that will be left out of the movies. Rowling loves Neville, he's one of her favorite characters. She will insist he get his moment in the movies.

I understand the whole Mother's love concept but it seems to make a mockery of the death eaters for the #2 person to be killed that easily.

The only thing that would have made Bellatrix's defeat more awesome would have been Neville getting his revenge. But I was proud of Neville in Deathly Hollows. He kept Dumbledore's Army together, and he kills Nagini. He really got some amazing scenes. I can't wait to see those on screen either. There's no way that will be left out of the movies. Rowling loves Neville, he's one of her favorite characters. She will insist he get his moment in the movies.

Some degree of similarity between Molly Weasley facing Bellatrix in the Battle of Hogwarts and Sigourney Weaver in Aliens.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgFXlEg5XZs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgFXlEg5XZs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Forum List

Back