Predictions for 2010

So you're predicting that Schumer, Reid, Specter, Feingold, Bayh, and Boxer are all going to lose?

I'm bookmarking this, just to laugh in your face. You know Schumer's approval rating among NYers is nearly 60%?
I'd say Specter just might lose.

Boxer's in the realm of WOW! if it happened, but her losing wouldn't be a sign of the Apocalypse, either.

As to the others, yeah, they're shoe-ins. They'll definitely win.

Specter might, you're right. But I don't think that Barbara Boxer should be worried.

A new Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 survey in the state shows Boxer leading former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina 46% to 37%. Five percent (5%) like some other candidate, and 12% are not sure how they will vote.

Election 2010: California Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

1. Unemployment will crest at 12% in March, then return to a range between 9-10% for the rest of the year.

2. This persistent joblessness will lead to a second bailout.

3. Inflation will rise and interest rates will begin to climb. By late 2010 we may be near 8.5% on Treasuries.

4. Middle class foreclosures will be at an all-time high.

5. The stock market will hit 11900.

6. Obama will announce an extension to our commitment in Afghanistan. An additional year before a pullout begins.

7. Iran will continue to have unrest, but no outright civil war.

8. The 2010 Climate Conference in Mexico will produce an agreement to not exceed 2009 carbon outputs, with China's signature absent.

9. President Biden will announce a new member of the Supreme Court.

I would be satisfied with 45 Republican Senators this next election. Besides that is more of a real guesstimate.

Come on ollie

Lets see your 2010 predictions (hint: stay away from the Cowboys)

Wow I posted mine early on this thread.

Unemployment up
Taxes up
People down
stocks down
housing starts down
gasoline cost up
electricity costs up
natural gas even (for now)
illegals terminology changed to make them more acceptable.

Not pretty and not what I want to see, just what it looks like.

And you can add 45 Republican or make that right leaning Senate seats.

And isn't all of this guesstimates?

I'd say Specter just might lose.

Boxer's in the realm of WOW! if it happened, but her losing wouldn't be a sign of the Apocalypse, either.

As to the others, yeah, they're shoe-ins. They'll definitely win.

Specter might, you're right. But I don't think that Barbara Boxer should be worried.

A new Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 survey in the state shows Boxer leading former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina 46% to 37%. Five percent (5%) like some other candidate, and 12% are not sure how they will vote.

So, according to your poll, Boxer is going to win unless almost all undecideds go to Fiorina.

So, according to your poll, Boxer is going to win unless almost all undecideds go to Fiorina.

Yup, so far... not so promising from my perspective...:(
Ah heck, That crone must go.. even if Democrats control the Senate.. please

I think his point is that Boxer isn't going to be such a "kick ass" candidate like she usually is.

1. Unemployment will crest at 12% in March, then return to a range between 9-10% for the rest of the year.

2. This persistent joblessness will lead to a second bailout.

3. Inflation will rise and interest rates will begin to climb. By late 2010 we may be near 8.5% on Treasuries.

4. Middle class foreclosures will be at an all-time high.

5. The stock market will hit 11900.

6. Obama will announce an extension to our commitment in Afghanistan. An additional year before a pullout begins.

7. Iran will continue to have unrest, but no outright civil war.

8. The 2010 Climate Conference in Mexico will produce an agreement to not exceed 2009 carbon outputs, with China's signature absent.

9. President Biden will announce a new member of the Supreme Court.

1. You're right. But, my question is, what is this going to do to the GOP? I mean, it's going to peak in March, which is 8 months, and if the jobs come back in those 8 months, the GOP is GONNA GO FUCKING BROKE AND LOSE!

2. I agree with this one as well. Why? Because Obama stated that he was nothing like Bush Jr., yet he's following quite a bit of the same sheet music.

3. Dunno about this one........there are a LOT of people that are starting to tell us that we need to return to the gold standard. But, if it does happen, expect civil riots and war.

4. Wrong. It's already started to hit the rich, because they are finding it very hard to sell their stuff for cash, and when they do? They generally end up getting 45 percent on what they were hoping for. The middle class knows how to make do with what they have. Rich people don't.

5. If the dumb shits don't stop, yeah........maybe........but personally? I think it's gonna drop to somewhere in the 9,000's, which is going to be what starts the ball rolling for unemployment to hit 12 percent. But, that would also be the catalyst to get us all to get our shit together and kick out the PAC money Congress critters.

6. Already happened. Saw it tonight on Rachel Maddow. Seems that their war correspondent got a hold of a report which states that the MINIMUM that we will continue to be in the ME is 18 months after June 2111 (which is when Obama said that he wanted to pull out). Expect to see it on the news this week. By the way, is this what you referring to in number 9?

7. Wrong. With the events that transpired on Sunday when the Iran government took the body of Mad Dinner Jacket's rival, well.........the fuse has already been lit, and nothing is going to stop it, short of Mad Dinner Jacked doing a Saddam Hussein. You know.....killing and gassing all the people who didn't agree? And, if that happens, expect Armageddon.

8. Possibly right, but I kinda don't think so. Why? China has already started to go green. Seems they were embarrassed by the Olympics over there, what with all the pollution that some said was going to hurt the athletes.

9. President Biden? Are you saying something is going to happen along the lines of JFK this year?

Last edited:
As far as #9 goes...just saying he could earn himself a trip to the funny farm, his health could take a turn (he has lost a lot of weight and is stressed considerably) or someone from the fringe left or right or terrorist could be a factor. Presidents attempting sweeping changes have not done well historically.

Yup, so far... not so promising from my perspective...:(
Ah heck, That crone must go.. even if Democrats control the Senate.. please

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan either. Bay Area liberals are a little too out of touch with reality for me.

I think his point is that Boxer isn't going to be such a "kick ass" candidate like she usually is.

Maybe a close race will make her a little more in touch with reality. But she's still gonna win.

Maybe a close race will make her a little more in touch with reality. But she's still gonna win.

Things aren't going so well in California. You have the central valley dust bowl, high unemployment, State close to bankruptcy, and 2 Republican candidates splitting the projections.. Boxer is by no means a shoe in, she's got baggage.

Things aren't going so well in California. You have the central valley dust bowl, high unemployment, State close to bankruptcy, and 2 Republican candidates splitting the projections.. Boxer is by no means a shoe in, she's got baggage.

Shoe in, no. Still, I wouldn't put any money on the other guy. As much as I'm certainly NOT a conservative, bay area liberals are a bit too out there for me. A little out of touch with reality.

Shoe in, no. Still, I wouldn't put any money on the other guy. As much as I'm certainly NOT a conservative, bay area liberals are a bit too out there for me. A little out of touch with reality.

You know what... we agree

With Boxer bouncing around 48% favorability, it's going to be an interesting race. Obviously it's way to early to tell.

Democrats losing House and Senate may be a stretch.

It would take a net loss of 42 in the house, which has been done before, but I don't believe people are that mad yet this year.

And the Dems would have to loose every single senate seat that is up for election. that would never happen.

I don't know how close the Iranians are to a missile. Or to a bomb. I think they are closer to the bomb, but I think they are also closer to a revolution than they are to either. It would be real scary if they got into a civil war there with a bomb rolling around loose.

The level of spending by this congress and general stupidity is a cause of great concern. But inflation takes a while to really heat up. Higher prices are a given, but how much higher depends on how much of our paper the Chinese are willing to eat, and it looks like they have their own problems right now. It will be messy if they decide to start selling rather than buying.

If undecided split in half, as do the portion of third party supporters who will vote for who these see as the lesser of two evils come election day (I'd estimate four-fifths of them fit in that column), you're looking at a 52-43 Boxer win. That's worse than she did in 2004, but about the same as 1998.

Democrats losing House and Senate may be a stretch.

It would take a net loss of 42 in the house, which has been done before, but I don't believe people are that mad yet this year.

They only need 40, but even that's unlikely. Since 1970, it's only happened twice (1974 and 1994). Even thirty has only happened four times (the two aforementioned, 1980, and 2006).

Looks good Rabbi.. so lets see

Only problem you have is sweeping both Houses. The House is always up for grabs but only 1/3 of the Senate is available. Dems have won the last two senate cycles so that means GOP is defending seats they won in 2004. Not going to happen.

Nineteen seats are held by Democrats that are up for re-election. Currently there are 40 Republicans. So at 59 seats the GOP wont have a veto proof majority but close enough. And that doesn't count Democratic defections after the landslide.

So you're predicting that Schumer, Reid, Specter, Feingold, Bayh, and Boxer are all going to lose?

I'm bookmarking this, just to laugh in your face. You know Schumer's approval rating among NYers is nearly 60%?

A g uy can hope, right?
In any case it is no more unrealistic than "Rightwingers" prediction for lower inflation, lower unemployment and world peace under our benevolent leader.

Did anyone else notice something?

Our token conservative, Shallow Skeeve is predicting death, destruction and poverty.

Our token liberal/progressive (whatever ya wanna call him), rightwinger, is predicting unity and wealth.

Kinda makes you wonder why anyone would go with conservatives.

Link? asswipe? Link?

There are no safe Dem Seats in 2010. Dems could lose every single House and Senate Seat for siding with the Muslim Marxist. Pelosi and Barney Frank might be the only Dems who survive 2010

Forum List

Back