Predictions for 2010

I am not going to do anything funky... just a few things I think we will observe

1) More people get fed up with Obama, and with Reid and Pelosi's congress, and their approval and popularity ratings continue to drop
2) Gas will rise in price, most likely back to over $3 a gallon
3) Government run, government assisted, government provided, entitlement healthcare will become more of a dividing issue.. hopefully to the level that none of the democrat plans goes thru
4) 'Feeler' terrorist attempts will rise.. as terrorists try and test for our weak spots (We've seen that start already)
5) While the economy will recover as it usually does, it will not be some 'great' recovery... unemployment; however, will remain at high levels for a while
6) Chris, Bobo, rdean, and crew will be exposed continually as the puppet partisan hacks that they are (That's like death and taxes though)

2010 Predictions:

1. Our house will remain divided
2. The Republican Leadership in Congress will spend the first 11 months stonewalling.
3. The Democratic Leadership in Congress may wake up and realize Boehner and McConnell are anti- bipartisan as is the entire Republican causcus.
4. Iran will do something to take the heat off of the Theocracy, and it won't be good.
5. N. Korea will continue to be provocative.
6. More conservatives will enter primary races against incumbent Republicans, spltting the vote.
7. Romney will remain silent, Palin will continue to bloviate, and we may see a Republican schism.
8. Wedge issues will remain the focus of the media and the morons: Guns, Gays, Abortion and taxes.
9. Marijuana will be removed as schedule I drug & treated as is alcohol (a state controlled product).
and,
10. the F'n Yankees will again buy a world series win.

Last edited:
The only way Republicans can take the senate is if a lot of senators drop dead.
I fail to see that as a bad thing... if you consider where we currently are in this nation. I want everyone in office voted/removed/retired/other from office.

lol, I didn't comment on what my preference would be, merely that there are not enough Democratic senators up for re-election for the Republicans to get a majority in the Senate unless a fair number drop dead.

Nineteen seats are held by Democrats that are up for re-election. Currently there are 40 Republicans. So at 59 seats the GOP wont have a veto proof majority but close enough. And that doesn't count Democratic defections after the landslide.

So you're predicting that Schumer, Reid, Specter, Feingold, Bayh, and Boxer are all going to lose?

I'm bookmarking this, just to laugh in your face. You know Schumer's approval rating among NYers is nearly 60%?

A g uy can hope, right?
In any case it is no more unrealistic than "Rightwingers" prediction for lower inflation, lower unemployment and world peace under our benevolent leader.

I never mentioned inflation. However, we currently have low level inflation so I wouldn't be shocked with a moderate increase

The unemployment spike has stabilized. With the remaining stimulus kicking in and improvement in other economic indicators....I stand by 7%

Never said world peace. I did say that the situations in Cuba and N Korea would improve once their dear leaders die.

Still prepared to compare my predictions to Rabbi's in six months. Lumpys predictions are so silly, I don't have to bother. I can ridicule his $7 gas and 14% unemployment right now

Last edited:
OK.
So you are maintaining that the stimulus, which has not helped so far and increased unemployment from 6% to over 10%, will push up employment even though it will become massively more expensive to hire people. This puts basic econ on its head.

But no one ever accused you of brains.

I believe 2010 will be the year the tyrannies, one party states and authoritarian regimes of the world really test America’s metal, they will push, prod and confront the US to see just how committed America still is to the Pax Americana. From Russia, China, Iran, Islamo Fascists, to the clown anti Americans of Venezuela and Cuba, there will be a rejection of Obama’s nice words and a test of his real steel.

This is either the year the free world fights back or looses a lot of ground.

You know things are bad when JW gets serious.

OK.
So you are maintaining that the stimulus, which has not helped so far and increased unemployment from 6% to over 10%, will push up employment even though it will become massively more expensive to hire people. This puts basic econ on its head.

That goes to far. While I think 0bama's policies have been less than positive over the last 11 months, I have to admit that the meltdown occured on Bush's watch.

Bush should have pushed back on a lot of Demo Kool aid, which he never did.

There is a really cool animation that shows what has happened since the Dems got control of congress and unemployment was at 4.5% to the present. Those with great google fu can find it. I just saw it on Boortz.

It is my opinion that when the tax hikes that are due Friday take effect, we will see some really serious pain short term. We may even see a 2% increase in unemployment.

Over the corse of the year, things will get better as everything shakes out. We can't have this level of unemployment without really aggressive stupid. Like we have seen over the last year.

OK.

You have my predictions.

I have yours

We will revisit in six months and talk some smack

OK.

That goes to far. While I think 0bama's policies have been less than positive over the last 11 months, I have to admit that the meltdown occured on Bush's watch.

There is a really cool animation that shows what has happened since the Dems got control of congress and unemployment was at 4.5% to the present. Those with great google fu can find it. I just saw it on Boortz.

It is my opinion that when the tax hikes that are due Friday take effect, we will see some really serious pain short term. We may even see a 2% increase in unemployment.

Over the corse of the year, things will get better as everything shakes out. We can't have this level of unemployment without really aggressive stupid. Like we have seen over the last year.

There's only so much of this ridiculously illogical bullshit that I can stand. Are income taxes Bush's fault because it happened on his watch? No wonder this country is in such deep shit. You're a person I usually agree with and I know this is just crap that other people have shoved in your head and reinforced through repeated exposure, but critical thinking is a must and you have to do your own.

I hate Bush, didn't vote for him for governor or president and am the first one to blame him for tons of shit, but saying that anything that happened on his watch(or any other president's) is automatically his fault is about as fukkin' intelligent as attaching a marginally effective explosive device to your johnson.

I think we are in agreement here, but we are also having a failure to communicate effectively.

Bush is responsible for what Bush did. Or in many instances failed to do. Large numbers of people were predicting the meltdown of the autumn of 08 for quite a while. If you are a regular at Boortz's web page you have seen this heading our way for a long time. Bush had dozens of opportunities to veto legislation, pass executive orders or whatever that could have made this a smaller problem that happened later. For whatever good reasons he failed to act, or acted the wrong way.

I agree that blaming Bush for absolutely everything is out of line, I do think even those of us who usually defend him and are responsible for him being there because we voted for him, have to admit he was asleep at the switch when it comes to the autumn meltdown. TARP is his baby.

OK.

There's only so much of this ridiculously illogical bullshit that I can stand. Are income taxes Bush's fault because it happened on his watch? No wonder this country is in such deep shit. You're a person I usually agree with and I know this is just crap that other people have shoved in your head and reinforced through repeated exposure, but critical thinking is a must and you have to do your own.

I hate Bush, didn't vote for him for governor or president and am the first one to blame him for tons of shit, but saying that anything that happened on his watch(or any other president's) is automatically his fault is about as fukkin' intelligent as attaching a marginally effective explosive device to your johnson.

You know, it's glaringly obvious that you have never served in, or known anyone close, who was in the military.

Why? I'll tell you.........

When the Captain of the ship takes over, it's HIS ship, and he's responsible for EVERYTHING that happens on it, until he's relieved of command by some one else.

Just out of curiosity, if it wasn't Bush's fault for everything that happened during his fucked up presidency, then whose was it?

Yours?

You know, it's glaringly obvious that you have never served in, or known anyone close, who was in the military.

When the Captain of the ship takes over, it's HIS ship, and he's responsible for EVERYTHING that happens on it, until he's relieved of command by some one else.

Just out of curiosity, if it wasn't Bush's fault for everything that happened during his fucked up presidency, then whose was it?

Yours?

And if the ship he takes over is made of substandard materials and the engines go out in battle, it's his fault?

Yours?

And if the ship he takes over is made of substandard materials and the engines go out in battle, it's his fault?

Absolutely, because he didn't pay attention to his fucking turnover.

Oh yeah..........that very thing happened in the Navy while I was in. Seems that the skipper wasn't doing what he was supposed to do, and the fucking ship broke, as in, went dead in the water.

Oh yeah...........as far as taking over a place that is substandard? I had that experience with one of my stations. Seems that the person I took over from did substandard work and all sorts of shit.....

Took me 6 months to square it away. The day I was told that it was my ball and I had responsibility?

I told the fucker to take a hike and go back to recruiting. MEPS could do just fine without him.

During the 2 1/2 years that I was the boss? We NEVER missed goal for recruiting, and we always finished early.

The next 10 months AFTER I left? They missed goal every month.

So.........just like Bush Jr...........you can take over a GREAT command (Clinton left him sitting pretty), and still fuck the whole thing up.

Like I said Skeevy Hummingbird..........you don't know shit.

I think we are in agreement here, but we are also having a failure to communicate effectively.

Bush is responsible for what Bush did. Or in many instances failed to do. Large numbers of people were predicting the meltdown of the autumn of 08 for quite a while. If you are a regular at Boortz's web page you have seen this heading our way for a long time. Bush had dozens of opportunities to veto legislation, pass executive orders or whatever that could have made this a smaller problem that happened later. For whatever good reasons he failed to act, or acted the wrong way.

I agree that blaming Bush for absolutely everything is out of line, I do think even those of us who usually defend him and are responsible for him being there because we voted for him, have to admit he was asleep at the switch when it comes to the autumn meltdown. TARP is his baby.

They tried to reform Freddie and Fannie a few times during his presidency, but obviously didn't get the job done. This doesn't mean that it is his fault. He also didn't fix medicare or social security, didn't curb entitlements, didn't eliminate the IRS. Sure, we'd like to see those things fixed and there are better ways to supply revenue to the government than an income tax, but such things would be ACHIEVEMENTS, not doing them is not accomplishing an ACHIEVEMENT, it does not equate to him being at fault for things not being optimal and it doesn't make him the cause.

TARP was his baby. I am against it personally because I do not believe the government should do such things. It was effective and did what it was supposed to do and was the correct action to take if you wanted to effect a curative transition in an unstable banking environment such as what we had. Even though it did stop the recession from getting much worse and prevented a great many economic woes I would have preferred that it wasn't done. TARP was a response to the meltdown, not part of the cause, I say that because I'm not sure how you meant your comment.

Yours?

Oh yeah..........that very thing happened in the Navy while I was in. Seems that the skipper wasn't doing what he was supposed to do, and the fucking ship broke, as in, went dead in the water.

Oh yeah...........as far as taking over a place that is substandard? I had that experience with one of my stations. Seems that the person I took over from did substandard work and all sorts of shit.....

Took me 6 months to square it away. The day I was told that it was my ball and I had responsibility?

I told the fucker to take a hike and go back to recruiting. MEPS could do just fine without him.

During the 2 1/2 years that I was the boss? We NEVER missed goal for recruiting, and we always finished early.

So.........just like Bush Jr...........you can take over a GREAT command (Clinton left him sitting pretty), and still fuck the whole thing up.

Failure to perform due maintenance is remarkably different than having irreparably poor materials to work with. If a coach is losing at halftime 0-42 and the owner comes down and fires him and puts the assistant coach in charge and they outscore the opponent 41-0 in the second half, it's the assistant coach's fault they lost, right?

Out of curiosity, do you blame Obama for the rise in unemployment and general economic woe we have seen during his presidency?

Failure to perform due maintenance is remarkably different than having irreparably poor materials to work with. If a coach is losing at halftime 0-42 and the owner comes down and fires him and puts the assistant coach in charge and they outscore the opponent 41-0 in the second half, it's the assistant coach's fault they lost, right?

Out of curiosity, do you blame Obama for the rise in unemployment and general economic woe we have seen during his presidency?

You really don't get it do you? Salt water is CORROSIVE TO METAL. If you don't do the required maintenance, as well as don't ask for replacement parts, the whole thing goes to shit.

Quick.

And........by the way...........might wanna go to Norfolk VA sometime and hang out on the piers and ask for a tour.

It'll teach you something.

Bush had a great setup, it was his own negligence, as well as a failure to oversee what was going on under his command, that screwed the pooch.

Remember when some mid level pawn made a deal to authorize port security to Saudi?

How fucking dumb are you anyway? Do you have to write instructions on the waistband of your underwear to remind you to breathe?

You really don't get it do you? Salt water is CORROSIVE TO METAL. If you don't do the required maintenance, as well as don't ask for replacement parts, the whole thing goes to shit.

Quick.

And........by the way...........might wanna go to Norfolk VA sometime and hang out on the piers and ask for a tour.

It'll teach you something.

Bush had a great setup, it was his own negligence, as well as a failure to oversee what was going on under his command, that screwed the pooch.

Remember when some mid level pawn made a deal to authorize port security to Saudi?

How fucking dumb are you anyway? Do you have to write instructions on the waistband of your underwear to remind you to breathe?

What the fukk are you talking about? You aren't staying up with the conversation. I'm not going to embarrass myself through further dialogue with you if you cannot find a way to be less of a fool. You aren't faking either, I really don't think you understand the things I write at all.

SE,
The issue us that Biker has gotten hold of a metaphor he understands and will beat it to death, never understanding that metaphors have limitations.
The capt is responsibile mainly because he has authority to do whatever he needs. His word is law. The President is not in that same position.
Bush tried to reform Social Security and the Dums blocked it. Yes, he bears responsibility for many failures but deserves credit for much success, like Iraq. His biggest failure in the economy was nominating Bernanke, who kept rates too low for too long. Setting interest rates however is not within the president's power.

And you should be more sympathetic. If you had been subjected to grease gun enemas on a weekly basis over a long time you might be a tad defensive too.

Forum List

Back