Predictions for 2010

1) Double dip recession

2) Unemployment hits 14%

3) Credit Bubble pops

4) Iran tests 1st nuclear weapon

5) Obama's favorable rating hits 19

6) Democrats lose House & Senate

7) Gasoline hits $ 7.00 a gallon

I think Iran is going to blow apart any minute now! It looks bad over there.

For once, I think you are correct. Ol' Mad Hatter has just about incited another revolution. The best thing we can do is keep hands off, and let them work this out.

Thread bookmarked. This one reminds me a whole lot of the "Obama will never be President" threads that filled all the political messages boards on the web back in 2008. The PUMAs would vote for McCain, the birth certificate would stop him, the Michelle "Whitey" video would come out, etc, etc, etc.

How'd that one work out?

The knuckleheaded baboon actually got elected President..

Tell me.. How IS that one working out? :eusa_eh:

Excellent! We will have the beginning of real Health Care next year. And will begin to work on the problems of GHG emissions, Cap and Trade, or whatever it takes.

We have already got a new GI Bill, the one that Bush would have prevented from being enacted. We will have a Health Care bill this coming year, not the one needed, but it can be corrected in the future. That is two out of four on the agenda.

Cap and Trade is next, as well as taking the banks out of the student loan program. Bet we get four for four.

How is it working out?

Excellent!!!!!!:lol:

Predictions for 2010

1. Unemployment drops to 7%

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

4. Republicans pick up seats in the House and Senate but are still a minority

5. Sarah Palin implodes because of a quote she can't take back

6. Kim Jung Il and Castro die. Clinton forges new US relationships with restructured Communist regimes

And you finally get weekend passes for trips to the zoo! lol

Predictions for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

6. Kim Jung Il and Castro die. Clinton forges new US relationships with restructured Communist regimes

Tell you what

I'll put my predictions up against yours. Post what you really think will happen in 2010 and we will compare in six months and a year.

I'll bet mine come closer than yours

Predictions for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

Tell you what

I'll put my predictions up against yours. Post what you really think will happen in 2010 and we will compare in six months and a year.

I'll bet mine come closer than yours

7% unemployment, what an optimist, I hope your right though...:eusa_eh:

Republicans remember that we are all americans and learn to work with democrats..

Economy gets better..

Health care is a success and is amended to include a public option..

Gay marriage is passed in more states or SCOTUS makes ruling legalizing it everywhere..

Iraq and Afghan wars both come to an end or close to it..

Bin Laden found dead or captured..

Regulations put in place to prevent economic collapse we just had..

Reoublican and democrat are side by side in Iraq and Afghansitan.. They are all americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.. Why can't we be that we here state side?? Ever since Bush, we have been so divided.. How can we pull together and be one nation again??

I am told that "myst" in German means "shit."
Glad to see you are posting to form.
For starters, any "health care reform" will not actually go into effect until 2012 or so, although the taxes will begin immediately.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Are you the Rabbi that I saw on "To catch a preditor"? Like the little boy sex do you??

Read my post again brainless one..

Anything other than status quo is a success.. And it can be amended at any time..

Myst was a video game stupid!!

But thanks showing everyone you are a partisan hack with less brains than a flea..

Republicans remember that we are all americans and learn to work with democrats..

Economy gets better..

Gay marriage is passed in more states or SCOTUS makes ruling legalizing it everywhere..

Reoublican and democrat are side by side in Iraq and Afghansitan.. They are all americans in Iraq and Afghanistan.. Why can't we be that we here state side?? Ever since Bush, we have been so divided.. How can we pull together and be one nation again??

For starters, any "health care reform" will not actually go into effect until 2012 or so, although the taxes will begin immediately.

Are you the Rabbi that I saw on "To catch a preditor"? Like the little boy sex do you??

Anything other than status quo is a success.. And it can be amended at any time..

But thanks showing everyone you are a partisan hack with less brains than a flea..

Nice beatdown.

I'm really not sure what's going to happen. I know some very bad things are about to happen, that if we are LUCKY as all get out, we will avoid a complete economic collapse. What is going on is unsustainable.

Our creditors are not able to keep up bailing out our credit card if it starts cutting into their bottom line. That's what's happening. At some point we change from "too big to fail" to, "too big to sustain". They will cut the line and do their best to minimize damage to them. We, on the other hand, will suffer incredibly as the government has to print cash to cover our debts, saddling us with hyperinflation. Wages won't be able to keep up with prices, and things could get ugly.

New jobs aren't going to be created, and those losing jobs will be in the shovel ready fields where the projects finish and nothing new is in the pipeline. Credit card debt will be called, mortgages will be foreclosed and many people face being shoved into the street. The sad part is, nobody will have the dough to buy the houses either. And with how badly we poisoned the real estate market with Freddie and Fannie, not even foreign investors will be that keen on 'buying American' anything. We are looking at horrific economic stagnation that could last for more than a decade.

I know that by October next year, if things go as sour as my pessimistic imagination is going, we may have a 55-85% change over in the House, and all seats running in the Senate as well. If we're unlucky, the turnover will be limited to under 45%. This turnover will be based totally on Carville's old prediction "It's the Economy, Stupid." IF THIS HUGE CHANGEOVER HAPPENS... and they run on fiscally conservative policies... we may yet dodge some very big disasters. But I'm not convinced that will happen. Too many people in government are desiring this to happen as to achieve their true goals. And they'll still have to fight the president.

Worst case scenario, we face a near 'perfect storm' in which to usher in the fascist takeover P-BO and his allies have been dreaming about since the 60's.

We are not immune from collapse. We've turned our backs on everything economically sound and rational for bad value temporary solutions just so things don't get bad on our own watch. The bills are coming due, and we have nobody left to mooch money off of. Let's see what a bitch this loan shark is going to be.

Of course, please, if you have real concrete evidence that somehow the economic realities that are dooming us right now won't happen... please, let us know. But if it's just government spending on social programs and higher taxes... shut up now.

Last edited:
Thread bookmarked. This one reminds me a whole lot of the "Obama will never be President" threads that filled all the political messages boards on the web back in 2008. The PUMAs would vote for McCain, the birth certificate would stop him, the Michelle "Whitey" video would come out, etc, etc, etc.

How'd that one work out?

Obama shouldn't be President. Too bad Dems don't hold their own superdelegates accountable for their votes against the wills of their constituents.

AKA: open mouth, insert foot.

Predictions for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

Pollyanna

We'll have higher taxes, higher deficits and less freedom

Last edited:
1) Double dip recession

2) Unemployment hits 14%

3) Credit Bubble pops

Still fear mongering I see. Sad.

Economy gets better..

I see I was right. You could not refute a single point so go into slander mode. That is a dead giveaway.
I do not consider increased taxes with no benefit to be an improvement.

Predictions for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

3. Healthcare passes

Pollyanna

We'll have higher taxes, higher deficits and less freedom

Actually, I kept most of my predictions fairly conservative

7% is still high unemployment. It is now at 10.2%. All other economic indicators are recovering which will allow business to start hiring again. Also, additional stimulus projects kick in for 2010

2. Dow Jones hits 12000

Given the Dow has moved from 6500 to 10500 in the last ten months, this is not a reach

3. Healthcare passes

Done deal

Thought I would throw the republicans a bone

No brainer, the bitch can't keep her mouth shut

Both are quite ill and both regimes are desperate for improved economic ties with the west

Let's see:
The Bush tax cuts expire in Jan. The health care taxes take effect then.
So you are positing that if you increase the cost of something (employment) you will still get more of it, the very opposite of classic economic theory. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Dow hits 12k: valuations are already very high, largely because interest rates are so low. With a recovering economy the Fed is under intense pressure to raise rates to avoid killer inflation. When rates go up the market will tank. Corporate profits ahve been improved because of cost containment,not increased sales. So what will mvoe the market 20% higher? I dunno. Neither do you.

Healthcare. Hardly a done deal although likely to pass. The liberal Dems in the House are all looking at Nebraska's sweetheart deal and wondering how to get the same for themselves. This could easily go south. IN any case the taxes kick in immediately but the benefits are years away.

Republicans pick up seats. The current polling on races shows the GOP sweeping every race they are in as anger over Democratic policies spills over. A lot can happen between now and Nov though.

Sarah Palin implodes. Very likely. She has become a media phenomenon and like all such fades quickly without a new gig.

Kim and Catro die. So what? Each one has successors in place who will not change the basic modus of their states, having too mcuh invested in them. It would take a revolution in both places to make real change. That might happen but as Iran and Honduras shows, the Obama administration is more interested in "stability" than democracy.

Let's see:
The Bush tax cuts expire in Jan. The health care taxes take effect then.
So you are positing that if you increase the cost of something (employment) you will still get more of it, the very opposite of classic economic theory. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Dow hits 12k: valuations are already very high, largely because interest rates are so low. With a recovering economy the Fed is under intense pressure to raise rates to avoid killer inflation. When rates go up the market will tank. Corporate profits ahve been improved because of cost containment,not increased sales. So what will mvoe the market 20% higher? I dunno. Neither do you.

Healthcare. Hardly a done deal although likely to pass. The liberal Dems in the House are all looking at Nebraska's sweetheart deal and wondering how to get the same for themselves. This could easily go south. IN any case the taxes kick in immediately but the benefits are years away.

Republicans pick up seats. The current polling on races shows the GOP sweeping every race they are in as anger over Democratic policies spills over. A lot can happen between now and Nov though.

Sarah Palin implodes. Very likely. She has become a media phenomenon and like all such fades quickly without a new gig.

Kim and Catro die. So what? Each one has successors in place who will not change the basic modus of their states, having too mcuh invested in them. It would take a revolution in both places to make real change. That might happen but as Iran and Honduras shows, the Obama administration is more interested in "stability" than democracy.

Time to put up or shut up Rabbi...

I'll make the same offer to you. Post your predictions for 2010 and we will see who is closer in six months and a year. I stand by my predictions

1) Double dip recession

Not sure what that means. Another decline in the GDP? Possible, I suppose. Nov 2009- through Nov 2009 the GDP rose about 1.8%

2) Unemployment hits 14%
Depending on who you are, how edcuated, what gender and so forth, that might be a tad low.

Young men and espcially young minorities are already suffering rates of unemployment way higher than 14%.

Young Black men are hitting the 30% unemployed rates and young white men are above 20% unemployed.

3) Credit Bubble pops

Kinda happened a few years back, didn't it?

Maybe.

Nah...he'll retain a 30% rating as most POTUSes typically do no matter what.

They might.​

WEll...if the economy begins to improve that might happen.

Last edited:
1) Double dip recession

2) Unemployment hits 14%

3) Credit Bubble pops

Except for Item 6, you can betcha bippy that the Obamarrhoids will blame Bush.
Any takers ????

And, if the National Debt QUADRUPLES in a coupla years because of the New Health Care, Wonderful MARXIST Cap &Trade (Energy costs) innovations, and ADDITIONAL STIMULUS Obamarrhoidal MANIPULATION by the MARXIST Obami Salami Stooges: the Crazed Pelosi & Reid Combo........then the OBAMARRHOIDS will yowl and howl for the incarceration of Bush into Gitmo........then with a lot of fanfare send him to the New Facility in Thomson Ill..........then the Obamarrhoid wunderkind, the Hapless Johnny Holder, after careful consideration......will declare Dubya as an ENEMY NonCombatant, reopen GITMO, and send Dubya there.

And.....the faithful Obamarrhoids will dutifully raise their voices on high to support their Messiah and his stooges.

Some of you think I'm kidding ?????

I assure you I am NOT kidding.

I know my OBAMARRHOIDS !!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back