Zone1 Praying to the Saints

Votar Roja

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2023
Obviously this topic is not of much interest to non-Christians, but it is a big debate between, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox on one side, and protestants on the other.

The premise is very simple: If I can ask a fellow Christian on earth to pray for me, then I can also ask a fellow Christian in heaven to pray for me.

Its really just as simple as that.

Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the Saints?​

Can the Saints in Heaven See What We Do On Earth?​

Makes sense to me.... We often ask others to pray for us....we continue to live, when we die. Why not ask a Saint in Heaven like a friend on earth, to pray to God, for us?

• Banned
Makes sense to me.... We often ask others to pray for us....we continue to live, when we die. Why not ask a Saint in Heaven like a friend on earth, to pray to God, for us?

Protestants often get hung up on the word "Prayer." For them, prayer is synonymous with Worship, and they conclude that we are worshipping humans.

But in fact the word "prayer" has several meanings. In the Old English of the King James Bible, "pray thee" (or prithee) meant "Will you please", a sort of request. So, when we "pray" to the saints we are really making a request, that they pray for us.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Praying to the Saints
...is about as effective as praying to oak trees.

Mother Teresa: The Miracles That Made Her a Saint
Two separate miracles of healing were credited to Mother Teresa after her death, which made it possible for her to be canonized as Saint Teresa.

Vetting Miracles Attributed to the Intercession of the Saints​

Mother Teresa: The Miracles That Made Her a Saint
Two separate miracles of healing were credited to Mother Teresa after her death, which made it possible for her to be canonized as Saint Teresa.

Vetting Miracles Attributed to the Intercession of the Saints​

But she is dead and has no power to answer prayers or grant wishes. Only your god is supposed to immortal and omnipotent.

Saints were just people and not divine

• Banned
But she is dead . . . .

No, she is not. People in heaven who behold the Face of God are more alive than you are.

1697966465232.png

Let me get this right? According to you all the Latter day Saint action of
Protestants often get hung up on the word "Prayer." For them, prayer is synonymous with Worship, and they conclude that we are worshipping humans.

But in fact the word "prayer" has several meanings. In the Old English of the King James Bible, "pray thee" (or prithee) meant "Will you please", a sort of request. So, when we "pray" to the saints we are really making a request, that they pray for us.
so you can "ask" saints to pray for you but LDS cant Baptise the dead?

She has no power . . . . . .

Don't you get tired of your straw-man stupidities? Nobody ever said she had power.

Once again for you slow learners: If I can ask a fellow Christian on earth to pray for me, then I can also ask a fellow Christian in heaven to pray for me. Its really just as simple as that.

See?

Let me get this right? According to you all the Latter day Saint action of

so you can "ask" saints to pray for you but LDS cant Baptise the dead?

That is right.

Baptism is an action that takes place while you are of this earth.

Prayers to God from those surrounding God in heaven take place forever, and are well documented in the Bible.

I suggest that you read the links I provided.

Don't you get tired of your straw-man stupidities? Nobody ever said she had power.

Once again for you slow learners: If I can ask a fellow Christian on earth to pray for me, then I can also ask a fellow Christian in heaven to pray for me. Its really just as simple as that.

See?
So what are you praying for a dead saint to do? They cannot interceded on your behalf. Why ask a dead person to pray to your god for you when all you have to do is pray to your god yourself?

So what are you praying for a dead saint to do? . . . . .

You are purposely insulting me. Onto ignore you go.

Once again: People in heaven who behold the Face of God are more alive than you are. They are not "dead". The human spirit never dies.

You are purposely insulting me. Onto ignore you go.

Once again: People in heaven who behold the Face of God are more alive than you are. They are not "dead". The human spirit never dies.
So what are you praying to a dead saint to do for you?

Dr. Scott Hahn | Angels and Saints: Holy and Heroic Help​

That is right.

Baptism is an action that takes place while you are of this earth.

Prayers to God from those surrounding God in heaven take place forever, and are well documented in the Bible.

I suggest that you read the links I provided.
actually since no one on earth that died went to heaven your saints cant help you. Perhaps read the Bible it clearly states that no one ascends until Judgement day.

actually since no one on earth that died went to heaven your saints cant help you

That is a false statement. The Bible is full of passages about the angels AND saints in heaven right now.

The false teaching that some Christians adhere to about "soul sleep" and remaining in the grave until the second coming is just that. a false teaching and a bad interpretation of the scriptures.

That is a false statement. The Bible is full of passages about the angels AND saints in heaven right now.

The false teaching that some Christians adhere to about "soul sleep" and remaining in the grave until the second coming is just that. a false teaching and a bad interpretation of the scriptures.

sure thing just cause the bible says no one ascends doesn't REALLY mean that it was taken out of context.

sure thing just cause the bible says no one ascends doesn't REALLY mean that it was taken out of context.

All that means is that you are misinterpreting the scripture and not harmonizing it with other scriptures.

I keep providing content that has tons of scripture to back up my position.
You alluded to one.
Let me know when you catch up.

Why do Catholics pray to Mary and the Saints?​

Can the Saints in Heaven See What We Do On Earth?​

Praying to the Saints​

...is about as effective as praying to oak trees.
I don't think you understand the true power of prayer. Prayer isn't for the "gods" or the saints. Prayer is for us. To affect changes in our lives. The practical application of religious beliefs - prayer being only one aspect - are about evolving our consciousness so as to be able to see reality. It is extremely powerful and leads to happiness and joy through the storms of life.

The practical application of prayer is to alter the fabric of one's identity.

Science shows that making a habit of being thankful trains the brain to be in a happy state of mind; making random acts of kindness a habit trains the brain to be in a happy state of mind; making being self reflective (contemplating your own actions) a habit trains the brain to be in a happy state of mind; and making meditation (prayer) a habit trains the brain to be in a happy state of mind. All things that religious people - especially Christians - do on a regular basis. Most importantly being happy turns on all the learning centers of the brain. So the practice of these religious practices have a practical application which naturally leads to success.

Lastly and probably most important, I was taught that prayer should not be about what God can do for us. Prayer should be about us asking God what He wants us to do.

So, no. Praying to saints is way more effective than praying to oak trees.

Forum List

Back