CDZ Powerball jackpot is too high

So, how do you play? Can you just go up to the counter and say I want a Powerball ticket and they give you 6 random numbers? Do you have to fill out a form?

You can just specify the number of tickets you want. I do easy pick, where the computer kicks out the numbers. No form needed for that. I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself. Makes the lines go faster.

" I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself."

Not really, they just hit a button for the amount of tickets you want.

How do they know your numbers unless you tell them?

Thought you were talking about quick pick

Misread your post

So, how do you play? Can you just go up to the counter and say I want a Powerball ticket and they give you 6 random numbers? Do you have to fill out a form?

You can just specify the number of tickets you want. I do easy pick, where the computer kicks out the numbers. No form needed for that. I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself. Makes the lines go faster.

thanks. sorry to interrupt the debate!

It was subject related.

I could eventually handle being a multimillionaire

Being a billionaire is out of my league

Never played a lottery, I may today. Not sure what too high means if you are the winner. If you win can you claim it anonymously? I would not want people to know I won. I would spend most of it on helping others.

i read an article on this, which I will post if I run across it, but it addressed this question.

what they said was that, if ticket sales are on par with the last drawing, there is a 77% chance that somebody wins and a better than 33% chance that two or more people win. (I am guesstimating at these based on my memory)

the real obstacle, however, to this scenario is actually buying the tickets. all of those machines cranking out all of the tickets they did, with lines around the block at many places only pushed out x amount of tickets for this last drawing and they were chugging away at a good clip.

In order to buy all the combinations you have to first create those unique combinations and then have enough people networked out there to go buy them. a group in the Virgina lottery tried to do this some years ago, apparently and failed because they simply couldn't get all the tickets bought in time.

I could eventually handle being a multimillionaire

Being a billionaire is out of my league

Payout, at the moment, is about $900 million, of which the feds take about 1/3.

State tax will hit you again.

My state has no income tax, so I would see about $600m cash, and split with the wife.

Here's the story on the 1992 Virginia lottery.

Group Invests $5 Million To Hedge Bets in Lottery

Powerball is even more daunting, 292 million combos instead of 7 million. Powerball rules require ever pick slip be filled out manually, no computer aiding allowed. And individual offices now usually set limits on how many tickets a person can buy there. It's in the thousands, so it doesn't affect individuals, but it would stop cartels.

Many winners form lottery clubs before cashing in the ticket. That way they can avoid estate taxes by sharing with family, friends and or coworkers.

i read an article on this, which I will post if I run across it, but it addressed this question.

what they said was that, if ticket sales are on par with the last drawing, there is a 77% chance that somebody wins and a better than 33% chance that two or more people win. (I am guesstimating at these based on my memory)

the real obstacle, however, to this scenario is actually buying the tickets. all of those machines cranking out all of the tickets they did, with lines around the block at many places only pushed out x amount of tickets for this last drawing and they were chugging away at a good clip.

In order to buy all the combinations you have to first create those unique combinations and then have enough people networked out there to go buy them. a group in the Virgina lottery tried to do this some years ago, apparently and failed because they simply couldn't get all the tickets bought in time.

Here's the article. Could you buy every Powerball combination and guarantee yourself a jackpot?

I wasn't aware that someone had tried doing it before, but I did suspect that, assuming one has the cash, logistics would be the main obstacle. TY for sharing.

So last week, nobody won the Powerball drawing, but someone could have. Now that the jackpot has reached $1.4B, it seems as though it is getting closer and closer, if not there already, for someone who is already super wealthy to spend the $584M it would take to guarantee a win, particularly since doing so will just boost the jackpot size, and one will recover part, maybe most or all (I haven't done the math to find out), of the $584M one spends to ensure winning. While I think the risk of not being assured a unitary win will keep them from doing so, it's possible that again nobody will win the thing. At some point, even the risk of having to share the winnings may not be sufficient deterrent from "buying" the jackpot.

Yeah…that doesn't work…if you take the lump sum you get less and then it is taxed so you may not even break even with that strategy…especially if there are multiple winners.

i got 3 tickets....6 bucks for big dreams
Two w/ the Power Play here. $6 as well.
Doubled my chances over Sat.'s drawing.
We are doing a work pool. Probably have around 50 people pitching in 5 bucks.
I will probably buy a few for myself as well. Will definitely share though. Too much money lol
I might even send you a few hundred :)

Make sure you have evidence that your tickets are yours…….they will come after you if your private number hits and the group one doesn't.

I will probably buy a few for myself as well. Will definitely share though. Too much money lol

Make sure you have evidence that your tickets are yours…….they will come after you if your private number hits and the group one doesn't.
indeed. They make copies of all the tickets, scan them and send in email. Thanks for looking out!

He needs to buy his separately at a different machine, and, if possible, scan a copy into his computer

indeed. They make copies of all the tickets, scan them and send in email. Thanks for looking out!

Yeah….that little piece of advice was not free…and was contingent on you winning….10% should do….

Yeah….that little piece of advice was not free…and was contingent on you winning….10% should do….
I got you too man! And Will!
I feel like Santa! :)

Forum List

Back