CDZ Powerball jackpot is too high

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
So last week, nobody won the Powerball drawing, but someone could have. Now that the jackpot has reached $1.4B, it seems as though it is getting closer and closer, if not there already, for someone who is already super wealthy to spend the $584M it would take to guarantee a win, particularly since doing so will just boost the jackpot size, and one will recover part, maybe most or all (I haven't done the math to find out), of the $584M one spends to ensure winning. While I think the risk of not being assured a unitary win will keep them from doing so, it's possible that again nobody will win the thing. At some point, even the risk of having to share the winnings may not be sufficient deterrent from "buying" the jackpot.

Me and a co-worker were discussing this this morning. IDK if I can fully agree with that premise. Everyone that has one, that I can remember, wasn't super rich. In fact, one guy had only bought one ticket..
Then again, maybe the jackpot just wasn't high enough..
Regardless, they shouldn't cap it. I know I wouldn't participate in the optional tax anymore.

So last week, nobody won the Powerball drawing, but someone could have. Now that the jackpot has reached $1.4B, it seems as though it is getting closer and closer, if not there already, for someone who is already super wealthy to spend the $584M it would take to guarantee a win, particularly since doing so will just boost the jackpot size, and one will recover part, maybe most or all (I haven't done the math to find out), of the $584M one spends to ensure winning. While I think the risk of not being assured a unitary win will keep them from doing so, it's possible that again nobody will win the thing. At some point, even the risk of having to share the winnings may not be sufficient deterrent from "buying" the jackpot.

Spend ten dollars. Bought two tickets with picked numbers and three tickets with quick pick.

The chances of winning on your own picked numbers is less likely than quick pick.

I also took the thirty year payouts because even if I do not get all of it I will get the cash amount before I die, and will make sure I have a annual income versus having that one lump sum that I could spend quickly... ( I know how can you spend it quickly? )

For everyone that has a ticket the best of luck and if any of you win then enjoy that money...

Sold the car, third mortgage on the house.

(actually, bought 20 tickets, 4 times my usual)

i might pick up a couple of quick picks......i am really not good at this....i thought you had to pick out a number from each column.....i got mocked....

Sold the car, third mortgage on the house.

(actually, bought 20 tickets, 4 times my usual)

o dan 2 x 20 is 40 bucks.....i dont dream that big....

I have a lot of people to take care of if I win.

kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, their kids, Swedish Bikini Team, the cast of Chorus Line, 3rd runner up and below of the Miss America Pageant.

So many future dependents, so few chances

Lottery is too much? Easy fix if you win, give it back or give it away. Problem solved.

So, how do you play? Can you just go up to the counter and say I want a Powerball ticket and they give you 6 random numbers? Do you have to fill out a form?

So, how do you play? Can you just go up to the counter and say I want a Powerball ticket and they give you 6 random numbers? Do you have to fill out a form?

You can just specify the number of tickets you want. I do easy pick, where the computer kicks out the numbers. No form needed for that. I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself. Makes the lines go faster.

Can you just go up to the counter and say I want a Powerball ticket and they give you 6 random numbers?

yup

Do you have to fill out a form?

You can, if you want to play certain numbers, but not necessary

You can just specify the number of tickets you want. I do easy pick, where the computer kicks out the numbers. No form needed for that. I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself. Makes the lines go faster.

" I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself."

Not really, they just hit a button for the amount of tickets you want.

thanks. sorry to interrupt the debate!

People just don't get it. When odds are this high the actual difference between buy a ticket and 100 are very very close to the same.

" I think they like you to use a form for numbers you pick yourself."

Not really, they just hit a button for the amount of tickets you want.

How do they know your numbers unless you tell them?

Forum List

Back