Pot legalization leads by 10 in CA

Perfect! Our Country is going into the shitter and the solution is to get the Country into a drug-laden stupor.
If marijuana were legalized would you rush right out and buy a pound and a bong? Or is that what other people who are not as pure of heart and soul as you are will do?

Bottom line: alcohol is institutionalized in our society.....and as a society we ACCEPT the level of violence, accidents, deaths, individual/family disruption and decay and illness associated/attributed with alcohol.

I cannot see the rational in adding another level of institutionalized drugs into our society when we cannot handle the one we've got beyond a certain point.

We handled booze better when it was legal why should weed be any different?

Sorry, but I don't consider the annual deaths due to DWI's or domestic violence or job accidents, etc. a better "handling" than we booze was banned.

When booze was banned it provided a lot of money to organized crime, alcohol became more dangerous and innocent people died in gang wars.

Oh yes but that clearly can't compare to the number of people who abuse alcohol, surely if we ban it then people who drink alcohol will just stop.

Oh wait we did just that and guess what, it didn't work that way.

Last edited:
Bottom line: alcohol is institutionalized in our society.....and as a society we ACCEPT the level of violence, accidents, deaths, individual/family disruption and decay and illness associated/attributed with alcohol.

I cannot see the rational in adding another level of institutionalized drugs into our society when we cannot handle the one we've got beyond a certain point.
How about the damage done to society by alcohol prohibition? Do you think we'd be better off going back to that? How much do you know about it?

First of all prove that society cannot handle alcohol.

Last edited:

How about the damage done to society by alcohol prohibition? Do you think we'd be better off going back to that? How much do you know about it?

My guess is very little, either that or he seriously believes that some people getting drunk and doing bad things is as bad as ALL alcohol sales funding criminals and mobsters.

Not to say that alcohol prohibition would actually stop some people from getting drunk and doing bad things.

Last edited:
Prohibition keeps a lot of rednecks employed jailing minorities.
But cigs are taxed near $10 pack in NYC, Cali is licking it's chops at the tax.
No serious increase in useage will happen, we'll just stop jailing people to the cost of billions of dollars for something way less harmfull than beer.
Prop 19 is the most important vote in the last 10 yrs.

Prohibition keeps a lot of rednecks employed jailing minorities.
But cigs are taxed near $10 pack in NYC, Cali is licking it's chops at the tax.
No serious increase in useage will happen, we'll just stop jailing people to the cost of billions of dollars for something way less harmfull than beer.
Prop 19 is the most important vote in the last 10 yrs.

I agree.

Catch what your saying......you are indirectly acknowledging that marijuana has inherent dangers, just not as dangerous as alcohol.

THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT I STATED. The difference between you and me is that I'm not willing to add on another problem to society for spite.

anything has inherent dangers if you overindulge.....and that problem to society you mention.....has been here quite awhile....and its not spite.....its called Hypocrisy....

I don't see how a liberal can be against pot legalization. You prefer jailing mostley minorities over letting adults decide if they want to smoke in thier homes. Legalization would reduce teen use dramatically.

Right...But somehow the federal-state separation does allow autocrats in black robes come in and strike down props 187 and 8, by judicial fiat.

Like Willow said...Why even bother voting anymore?

gee, 187 & 8 deny rights, 19 protects them.

Like that makes any difference? While you are comparing apples and oranges, either way, the intercession of a federal judge interposing the will of the national government into an issue decided by the voters of a state would lead a sentient being to understand that even if the marijuana initiative passes, the matter will not be concluded.

Last edited:
Great, hope it passes! Anyone who supports State's rights or individual rights should support it, it would be a gigantic middle finger to the Feds!

You clearly are not a stupid person so I'll attribute that defective argument to manifest ignorance. And I suggest that you make use of the following link to educate yourself on the topic of marijuana.

Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

Great, hope it passes! Anyone who supports State's rights or individual rights should support it, it would be a gigantic middle finger to the Feds!
:eusa_hand: John that is as bogus of an argument for legalization of drugs as saying radar detectors in cars promote driving safety. Both arguments have been used when everyone knows what's really behind such statements.

Right...But somehow the federal-state separation does allow autocrats in black robes come in and strike down props 187 and 8, by judicial fiat.

Like Willow said...Why even bother voting anymore?

Like that makes any difference? While you are comparing apples and oranges, either way, the intercession of a federal judge interposing the will of the national government into an issue decided by the voters of a state would lead a sentient being to understand that even if the marijuana initiative passes, the matter will not be concluded.

Oh cut the drama, the judge ruled that the law violated the federal constitution, so it was thrown out. Agree with him or not this is not new precedent.

Oh cut the drama, the judge ruled that the law violated the federal constitution, so it was thrown out. Agree with him or not this is not new precedent.

Agree with him or not, the marijuana initiative is subject to challenge by its opponents via the overreaching use of the supremacy clause.

Obama is on record as saying he's for the states deciding. It'd be kinda hard for hit to send holder in after Prop 19 passes.

Obama is on record as saying he's for the states deciding. It'd be kinda hard for hit to send holder in after Prop 19 passes.

I seem to remember something about closing Gitmo, and ending the US presence in Iraq too... Politicians are weak and leaky vessels for placing much trust or hope in.

:eusa_hand: John that is as bogus of an argument for legalization of drugs as saying radar detectors in cars promote driving safety. Both arguments have been used when everyone knows what's really behind such statements.

:confused:

What the hell are you talking about?

Forum List

Back