Pot legalization leads by 10 in CA

it's lost income at a time when income is needed and makes sense. the longer we wait to take over the money part of it, the more the dealer's make, and they buy guns, which is better? this is a no brainer, and makes less sense because the people that are so against it, have no clue what it does. it became illegal so mexicans couldn't vote, not because it's dangerous for responsible users, just like the sauce.

it's lost income at a time when income is needed and makes sense. the longer we wait to take over the money part of it, the more the dealer's make, and they buy guns, which is better? this is a no brainer, and makes less sense because the people that are so against it, have no clue what it does. it became illegal so mexicans couldn't vote, not because it's dangerous for responsible users, just like the sauce.

BAH!

If it is to be legalised, let it be legalised for its own sake, not as just another excuse to keep feeding the beast that is the state.

BAH!

If it is to be legalised, let it be legalised for its own sake, not as just another excuse to keep feeding the beast that is the state.

Great point, I cede to th masta who fishes Toledo Bend:clap2: :lol:

Right...But somehow the federal-state separation does allow autocrats in black robes come in and strike down props 187 and 8, by judicial fiat.

Like Willow said...Why even bother voting anymore?

yea but i have met and seen a lot of people who are against 187 and 8.....but are definitely for this one....as a matter of fact i run into very few people against this one....why i even know some RASCALLY Republicans who are all for this Pot Thing.....

Awwwwwww, jeez.....this has GOTTA be a D.A.R.E.-graduate.​

"For my brother, I’m sure it started out as a social activity, something fun and exciting to do with his buddies. He was a teenager when he began smoking pot, and I remember the pungent odor, seeing marijuana cigarettes rolled tightly in white paper and the paraphernalia in his room.

I was a child then, so I didn’t think much of what was happening.

As a society, we have decided that there are certain drugs that we’re willing to accept. Whether we choose to indulge or not, many of us love our cigarettes and alcoholic beverages, which, by the way, have disastrous effects if not used in moderation.

Let’s not add marijuana to the list."

Perhaps just a level decrimialization would be a good compromise?

well as they say....baby steps....
It's lookin' like Calderon might be more-open for a major-LEAP!!!!!!

"With Mexico's legitimate sources of foreign exchange wilting and with the government facing a bloody and open-ended war against the cartels, the prospect of a settlement must be increasingly attractive to Calderón. Legalization would legitimize the drug trade as another important export sector of the Mexican economy, along with oil, tourism, light manufacturing, and expatriate labor receipts. According to the New York Times, Calderon has opened up a dialogue with opposition political leaders in a search for possible alternatives, and has called for a national discussion on the possibility of drug legalization. Calderón's two predecessors, Vicente Fox and Ernesto Zedillo, now support some form of drug legalization."

And since your link DOES NOT address the issues of increased usage among the population, increased levels of people being stoned at their various jobs, or missing work or becoming incompetant, etc. Also, there's nothing in your link about the effects of long term use of marijuana.....you don't have to die in order to be adversely affected by a drug, you know.

Yes, decriminalization would put a serious crimp in profit for the criminal element, but it would NOT eliminate it.....as any pot grower would tell you, they don't need the gov't version of what they can personally do better. Inadvertently, you create a small criminal class that would still be prosecuted....

Next time, Mikey...just present your case and lay off the sarcasm and condescending attitude, because you'll look less foolish when someone takes the wind out of your sails, as I did here.
You not only are totally ignorant with regard to this topic you are arrogant in your ignorance. Because there is no chance that I can educate someone as self-assured as you obviously are the best I can do is refer you to a book called, Marihuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

Another excellent book on the subject is, The Emperor Wears No Clothes, by Jack Herer. Both are available from Amazon and I can assure you that if you take the time to read both you will be capable of discussing this topic intelligently rather than parroting and paraphrasing the Reefer Madness nonsense which you clearly have been indoctrinated with.

And since your link DOES NOT address the issues of increased usage among the population, increased levels of people being stoned at their various jobs, or missing work or becoming incompetant, etc. Also, there's nothing in your link about the effects of long term use of marijuana.....you don't have to die in order to be adversely affected by a drug, you know.

Yes, decriminalization would put a serious crimp in profit for the criminal element, but it would NOT eliminate it.....as any pot grower would tell you, they don't need the gov't version of what they can personally do better. Inadvertently, you create a small criminal class that would still be prosecuted....

Next time, Mikey...just present your case and lay off the sarcasm and condescending attitude, because you'll look less foolish when someone takes the wind out of your sails, as I did here.
You not only are totally ignorant with regard to this topic you are arrogant in your ignorance. Because there is no chance that I can educate someone as self-assured as you obviously are the best I can do is refer you to a book called, Marihuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

Another excellent book on the subject is, The Emperor Wears No Clothes, by Jack Herer. Both are available from Amazon and I can assure you that if you take the time to read both you will be capable of discussing this topic intelligently rather than parroting and paraphrasing the Reefer Madness nonsense which you clearly have been indoctrinated with.

Here's another....especially for parents......

14616134.JPG

(Don't get too hung-up on finding it with this cover. It's been re-printed, too-many times, with as-many cover-variations.)

This book covers ALL drugs, and has even been suggested/endorsed as required-reading for all Jr. High/High School educators.

I bought it, back when it first came-out, after seeing Doc Weil on some T.V. talk-show. It's THE most-balanced book, on drug-usage/effects, I've ever read.​

who would have thunk it five years ago...

soon i will be able to smoke a joint while sleeping with my new hubbie...

only in california!!

thanks arnold.

One would think that, if you are sleeping with a new hubby, you might want to be doing something with a joint other than smoking it.

Just sayin . . . . ;)

If you dopers think you're gonna' have a lot of fun smoking the legal weed you're wrong.

First off, it'll be more expensive because it's gonna' get taxed. Plus some do-gooder politician is gonna' attach all sorts of fees on it to fund anti-drug education programs in California and drive the cost up even more.

Then, the THC (the only reason you smoke it anyway) will be minimized in an effort to "keep you safe". It'll be found to be some sort of harmful substance, in some way, trust me.

So what you'll end up doing is going back to the illegal, homegrown, full THC weed in an effort to get away from state regulation and meddling.

Should be in the same category as alcohol,imho. There is nothing more hypocritical that sitting in a bar, watching a redneck drink Budweisers until he's a risk to society....cursing pot smokers.

But make no mistake.... legalizing pot will introduce a whole new level of problems that comes with people "legally" getting stoned that parallels what we are now dealing with regarding alcohol. IMHO, it's just not worth it. Perhaps just a level decrimialization would be a good compromise?
If you should ever run-out of "conservative" talking-points (besides the standard-Myths), here's a new Top Eight!!

Marijuana-not-crack.jpg

If you dopers think you're gonna' have a lot of fun smoking the legal weed you're wrong.

First off, it'll be more expensive because it's gonna' get taxed. Plus some do-gooder politician is gonna' attach all sorts of fees on it to fund anti-drug education programs in California and drive the cost up even more.

Then, the THC (the only reason you smoke it anyway) will be minimized in an effort to "keep you safe". It'll be found to be some sort of harmful substance, in some way, trust me.

So what you'll end up doing is going back to the illegal, homegrown, full THC weed in an effort to get away from state regulation and meddling.
Please.

There'll be room, for everyone!

It'll be no-different than alcohol; as-far-as regulations go. Those that want to run-down to the local-outlet, like any liquor-store (especially in large-cities), will have that option. Those that prefer to grow-their-own (like people making their own beer & wine; no sales), will have that option.

As-far-as any cultural tectonic-shift (after the initial-novelty of having Pot readily-available), some people will prefer Pot & some will prefer alcohol....dependent, of course, on whatever social-situation they're involved.....pretty-much the way things are, presently.

I remember, yeeeaaarrrs-ago, the amusement involved in getting people "high", for the first-time. The typical-response.(from new-inductees) was "This is IT?? I expected to see things!"

"conservatives"
will be absolutely CRUSHED, when one-MORE of their Absolutes is vaporized!!!!!! :cool:

Mikey, you're boring me and obviously impressing yourself with the condescending attitude and dropping an Ivy league reference as if that's the be all, end all word from Mount on High.

Hint: It's not.

Yes, Mikey....marijuana does have theraputic value to some degree...and as with many herbal remedies, the long term effects of usage BEYOND medicinal will have adverse affects, as I pointed out. That is common knowledge learned by either the school of hard knocks or being around folk who are users to various degrees over the years.

Since you cannot honestly address the real life points I put forth, it's obvious that you really don't have an argument here beyond your childish attempts at insult. Carry on.

But make no mistake.... legalizing pot will introduce a whole new level of problems that comes with people "legally" getting stoned that parallels what we are now dealing with regarding alcohol. IMHO, it's just not worth it. Perhaps just a level decrimialization would be a good compromise?
If you should ever run-out of "conservative" talking-points (besides the standard-Myths), here's a new Top Eight!!

Marijuana-not-crack.jpg

FYI: a true "conservative" talking point on this subject wouldn't include even the contemplation of decriminalization. Seems some people on this thread have a knee jerk reaction to ANY criticism regarding marijuana use and possible legalization.

I've been around too many people over the years from various states and countries who were avid users to just pretend that there wouldn't be any adverse consequences from legalizing marijuana. Like I said before, this society currently tolerates all the problems that come with institutionalized alcohol use, and we've still JUST got a handle on that!

Forum List

Back