Pot legalization leads by 10 in CA

Perfect! Our Country is going into the shitter and the solution is to get the Country into a drug-laden stupor.

Damned right.

We ought to be putting amphetimines in the water supply, instead.

Lazy Americans!

Perfect! Our Country is going into the shitter and the solution is to get the Country into a drug-laden stupor.

Damned right.

We ought to be putting amphetimines in the water supply, instead.

Lazy Americans!

or an even better idea, we could put sterilization drugs into the water like obama science czar holdren suggested.

i say start in the southwest, let's stop these mexicans from breeding.

Doobie Smoke Breaks? | NBC Bay Area

The analysis by the non-profit group also challenges the proposed law by claiming it would make California companies ineligible for federal contracts because employers could not guarantee a drug-free workplace.

From the CalChamber website:

If this measure were approved, employers, including the State of California, would be faced with the burden of proving that an employee who tests positive for marijuana is “actually impaired” from performing the job before taking any adverse action against the employee. This process would delay disciplinary actions used to protect workplace safety and drive up costs due to increased litigation.

OK, I get workplace saftey but don't see how those valid concerns are any different than say, what would happen should some moron be chugging alcohol on the job or abusing prescription drugs.

Now federal contracts on the other hand... that's interesting.

The Fed has never been shy about using the strings that come with federal taxpayer dollars to push the States around. The question is, how pushy would the feds get and would California (of all places) be willing to say no to some portion of the government titties to stand by prop 19 (should it pass)

Things that make you go hmmmCOUGHGAGmmm...

Bottom line: alcohol is institutionalized in our society.....and as a society we ACCEPT the level of violence, accidents, deaths, individual/family disruption and decay and illness associated/attributed with alcohol.

I cannot see the rational in adding another level of institutionalized drugs into our society when we cannot handle the one we've got beyond a certain point.

Bottom line: alcohol is institutionalized in our society.....and as a society we ACCEPT the level of violence, accidents, deaths, individual/family disruption and decay and illness associated/attributed with alcohol.

I cannot see the rational in adding another level of institutionalized drugs into our society when we cannot handle the one we've got beyond a certain point.

A well made point. And social acceptance would almost surely open a whole new can of worms, I'll admit as much.

My quibble with that is the assumption that legalization (and social acceptance) would by necessity be worse than the violence, accidents, deaths, individual/family disruption and decay and cost associated/attributed with the so called "war on drugs".

Per the video I posted, Sarah Palin might be onto something with the whole decriminalization over legalization argument. I think we would be moving in the right direction if having a bag of weed in your car (though not driving impared) were the equivalent of driving w/o a seatbelt.

A well made point. And social acceptance would almost surely open a whole new can of worms, I'll admit as much.

My quibble with that is the assumption that legalization (and social acceptance) would by necessity be worse than the violence, accidents, deaths, individual/family disruption and decay and cost associated/attributed with the so called "war on drugs".

Per the video I posted, Sarah Palin might be onto something with the whole decriminalization over legalization argument. I think we would be moving in the right direction if having a bag of weed in your car (though not driving impared) were the equivalent of driving w/o a seatbelt.

Interesting proposal on the last paragraph of yours! But to clear the air, I'm not saying that legalization of pot would create worse problems per se, just ADDING different ones that we really don't need to do at this point in time.

Interesting proposal on the last paragraph of yours! But to clear the air, I'm not saying that legalization of pot would create worse problems per se, just ADDING different ones that we really don't need to do at this point in time.

Gotcha.

My own ever so humble opinion qua marijuana is that so long as the only victim is one's own adult brain cells and the prolonged adolescence that inevitably comes with it, fine and dandy. The waste of time and money in police resources and court cost and jail cost is just obcene. I say live and let brain cells die.

Whoa...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukj7Jf3Mjtk]YouTube - The Marijuana Policy Tipping Point: A conversation with author Christopher Fichtner, M.D.[/ame]

Pot was here in the past.....pot is here now .....and it will be here in the future......its kinda Institutionalized itself..... the guy standing beside you waiting to cross the street with you might be as high as a kite.....a judge might go back in his office with the attorneys to discuss the case have a drink a smoke and a pipeful....the reason the girls in the store were laughing at you wasnt because you are ugly.....they are fucking buzzed....hey....its here...it aint going away....

My own ever so humble opinion qua marijuana is that so long as the only victim is one's own adult brain cells and the prolonged adolescence that inevitably comes with it, fine and dandy. The waste of time and money in police resources and court cost and jail cost is just obcene. I say live and let brain cells die.

you talking about Alchohol or Pot?........

Pot was here in the past.....pot is here now .....and it will be here in the future......its kinda Institutionalized itself..... the guy standing beside you waiting to cross the street with you might be as high as a kite.....a judge might go back in his office with the attorneys to discuss the case have a drink a smoke and a pipeful....the reason the girls in the store were laughing at you wasnt because you are ugly.....they are fucking buzzed....hey....its here...it aint going away....

Who said it wasn't here, is here, and will be here? I didn't. And just like the judge who gets a buzz on at the local bar or from the wet bar in his chambers....when they are found out, they lose their jobs.

All the people and situations you mentioned are done with the understanding that it is illegal and therefore risky (not to be taken fully). Once legalized, you increase all the said people/situations 10 fold. That is not good.

you talking about Alchohol or Pot?........

What's "Alchohol"? :razz:

Who said it wasn't here, is here, and will be here? I didn't. And just like the judge who gets a buzz on at the local bar or from the wet bar in his chambers....when they are found out, they lose their jobs.

All the people and situations you mentioned are done with the understanding that it is illegal and therefore risky (not to be taken fully). Once legalized, you increase all the said people/situations 10 fold. That is not good.

ill tell you what.....when they make the drug that kills more people daily,especially innocent ones,the drug that has ruined more lives and families than any other drug around....when they make this drug illegal instead of advertising it..:booze:...when they ban that drug that has been proven to kill you over time :smoke:.....when they ban these 2 very popular drugs.....then i will be against this much less dangerous drug....

We handled booze better when it was legal why should weed be any different?

Right...But somehow the federal-state separation does allow autocrats in black robes come in and strike down props 187 and 8, by judicial fiat.

Like Willow said...Why even bother voting anymore?

gee, 187 & 8 deny rights, 19 protects them.
Welfare handouts and licenses issued by the state aren't rights, they're privileges....There's a difference, though I don't expect you to recognize it.

ill tell you what.....when they make the drug that kills more people daily,especially innocent ones,the drug that has ruined more lives and families than any other drug around....when they make this drug illegal instead of advertising it..:booze:...when they ban that drug that has been proven to kill you over time :smoke:.....when they ban these 2 very popular drugs.....then i will be against this much less dangerous drug....

Catch what your saying......you are indirectly acknowledging that marijuana has inherent dangers, just not as dangerous as alcohol.

THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT I STATED. The difference between you and me is that I'm not willing to add on another problem to society for spite.

We handled booze better when it was legal why should weed be any different?

Sorry, but I don't consider the annual deaths due to DWI's or domestic violence or job accidents, etc. a better "handling" than we booze was banned.

Forum List

Back