Pot legalization leads by 10 in CA

I support legalization but does this mean that the liberals who support it supports nullification since it will be clashing with Federal law?
John,

If I understand your question correctly the only way I can answer it is with another question; which is why would any "Liberal" (presuming you mean pro-marijuana person) not support nullification when it operates to defeat insane marijuana prosecutions?

Other states will drop the prohibition war once Cali starts saving millions and raking in about a billion in tax revenue.
Rednecks will still be able to marry thier cousins, and rightwingers still get to be racist on other issues.

it won't affect tourism much just less minorities going to jail, cops aren't bothering people rich enough to travel around.

If this passes, I suspect that tourism to CA will boom.

Would be a great time for the mega quake when all the stoners are in a trance, holed up in their bong rooms

That's nice . . . :cuckoo:
It's called an onanistic fantasy, which is common to those who jerk themselves off a lot and need to imagine bizarre exaggerations to help them get off.

I pay no attention to that fellow, whose messages are typically limited to one sentence ad hominems and personal insults.

Last edited:
Other states will drop the prohibition war once Cali starts saving millions and raking in about a billion in tax revenue.

[...]
I certainly hope you're right but the silence is deafening and I can't believe the drug warrior corporatists will let this measure pass without major resistance.

Coincidentally, as I'm writing this, per CNN, nine former heads of the DEA have written to Eric Holder asking him to block the legalization measure. And because there is BIG money behind this effort to prevent legalization it won't surprise me in the least if this useless sonofabitch, Holder, does issue an injunction, "pending review."

If he does that I am hoping NORML will mount a major protest and host a petition warning Obama against doing that. It's interesting that the letter is addressed to Holder, not Obama, which intends to divert responsibility. That fact makes me suspect that the fix is in.

If this passes, I suspect that tourism to CA will boom.
I've given that prospect a lot of thought and I'm sure the drug warriors have, too. Because the effect of legalization in California will be something resembling the Gold Rush I expect there will be pot dogs in all airports sniffing arrivals from California and highway "stop 'n' sniffs" will increase dramatically.

The anti-pot crazies simply will not let legalization happen as easily as it seems to be going. Right now we're experiencing the calm before the storm

I support legalization but does this mean that the liberals who support it supports nullification since it will be clashing with Federal law?
John,

If I understand your question correctly the only way I can answer it is with another question; which is why would any "Liberal" (presuming you mean pro-marijuana person) not support nullification when it operates to defeat insane marijuana prosecutions?

It isn't only liberal pot-heads who support the legalization of marijuana; I am far from being a liberal, and I believe in personal freedom and the right to smoke whatever one wishes. Fire one up!

It isn't only liberal pot-heads who support the legalization of marijuana; I am far from being a liberal, and I believe in personal freedom and the right to smoke whatever one wishes. Fire one up!
Which means you're intelligent. And because you are intelligent it follows that you don't really believe everyone who enjoys the pleasant and relatively harmless effect of marijuana is a "liberal pot-head."

availabilitylc9.gif

I started this thread with the happy news in the OP that America (via Cali on this issue) is headed in the right direction vis a vie saner laws for weed. I should add, it would be a better thread w/o lies and slander thrown at opposing views. (rednecks and racist? please)

It's not such a stretch to believe those who advocate economic freedom from the "right" side of the isle might also advocate for personal freedom and against Statism in general.

John,

I mean liberal as in liberal as in Pelosi,Obama type liberal. I am far from a liberal and support legalization but if California legalizes then it will be in direct violation of Federal law which may mean a "State's rights" type scenario that liberals will be getting behind and was wondering how a liberal feels about that and nullification now that it is an issue that so many seem to favor unlike other things like the Arizona illegal immigration law.:cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back