Populism Isn't Dead, It's O-W-S!

The truth of the matter is that OWS is DOA :cool:
What scares you about direct democracy?

OWS has been in existence for about two months.
It took the Populists twenty years to launch the Progressive era.
Since Wall Street won't stop stealing, I don't see any lack of incentive to occupy.

Direct democracy is a good thing.
It is? Through direct democracy, if 51% of people vote to kill all black people, it would happen. Direct democracy results in tyranny of the majority.

What scares you about direct democracy?

OWS has been in existence for about two months.
It took the Populists twenty years to launch the Progressive era.
Since Wall Street won't stop stealing, I don't see any lack of incentive to occupy.

It is? Through direct democracy, if 51% of people vote to kill all black people, it would happen. Direct democracy results in tyranny of the majority.
I can think of three examples of 'direct democracy' in action.

1. The "Arab Spring" revolutions.

2. The Communist uprisings and Revolutions in Tsarist Russia.

3. The Paris Mob, Maximillian Robespierre and the Committee for Public Safety.

What do all three things have in common? The death of thousands of political opponents and innocents caught in the crossfire, all of which ultimately lead to tyranny and the oppression and death of millions.

Gots ta love that Deeeeeerect Deeeeemonocracy when it really gets rolling.

"There's no justice like 'Angry Mob' justice." Ned Flanders

Last edited:

What do all three things have in common? The death of thousands of political opponents and innocents caught in the crossfire, all of which ultimately lead to tyranny and the oppression and death of millions.

You seem to be confusing "popular uprising" and "direct democracy". A more apt comparison would be to Athens and the banning of unpopular politicians from the city. THAT actually sounds good! :D

You seem to be confusing "popular uprising" and "direct democracy". A more apt comparison would be to Athens and the banning of unpopular politicians from the city. THAT actually sounds good! :D
FLUSHING hundreds of Democrat AND Republican incumbents from DC next November would also be a big improvement, imho. The two parties have controlled DC since 1860, and the last time they were this polarized was just before the Civil War.

"Choosing" between Republican OR Democrat in the voting booth does nothing to affect the behavior of Wall Street or the Pentagon.

FLUSH the DC toilet in 2012!

Forum List

Back