Popular obsession with the topic of "vaccines"

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
I see a lot of fuss over this topic for some highly illogical reasons or the other.

There are some anti-vaccinators who disproportionately fear vaccines being responsible for health problems such as autism, or blame it on a "conspiracy".

I don't understand why "vaccines" are disproportionately feared, given that most people only have vaccines a few times in their lives.

If a person isn't eating a healthy diet, isn't exercising regularly, is drinking or smoking heavily, or has a habit of being very sedentary and heavily using electronics to the point of addiction (e.x. video games, social media, Television, cell-phones, etc) - then those are much more immediate health concerns one could take up with a doctor, which affect their lives much more on daily basis.

I find that fears of "prescription" medicines or medication to be disproportionate as well, if the fear is over artificial ingredients; again most "over-the-counter" medicines are as well, just as most junk food and processed foods are, yet people ignore these health risks in day-to-day lives in favor of disproportionately fearing "vaccines".

---

On the other side of the spectrum, there seem to be a subgroup of weirdos who take personal offense to suggesting that manufacturer defects in vaccines may be responsible for health problems; despite none of them being doctors, or vaccine manufacturers themselves, just weirdos of sub-par intelligence on the internet or social media who take criticism of vaccines as a "personal insult".(Some of them apparently don't even know the difference between "medicine", or manufacturing industries, and "science", in the sense of the natural sciences).

This is obviously silly and makes no sense, given that if one brought up a case of a lawsuit against a car manufacturer, or a manufacturer of consumer products (e.x. such as fast food industries), no one would take it personally, or assume the person in question is a "Luddite" or conspirator.

I'll assume that much of this is simply corporate propaganda by vaccine manfucturerers reacting in fear of potential lawsuits, or just extremely bored and asinine individuals, possibly on the autism spectrum themselves, who just like arguing about something as insipid and relative to day-to-day life as vaccines are, despite their only "knowledge" of vaccines coming from TV commercials or Wikipedia trivium, rather than a significant career in a medical or vaccine manufacturer industry.

Many of them are likely the same uninformed individuals who abuse the term "conspiracy theory", even when not all conspiracy theories (e.x. Watergate) are "bad" or "patentently absurd", or idiotically think that lawsuits against manufacturer defects in consumer products, such as vaccines have anything to do with a "conspiracy" to begin with.

Forum List

Back