Pope glues himself to Sistine chapel to protest climate change

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Pope Francis Glues Self To Sistine Chapel Ceiling To Protest Climate Change
ENVIRONMENT·Oct 19, 2023 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

VATICAN CITY — Joining the groups of outspoken activists who attach themselves to prominent works of art, Pope Francis has glued himself to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel to protest climate change.
"We must stop climate change now!" the 86-year-old pontiff said as he hung precariously from the ceiling that features priceless paintings by famed artist Michelangelo. "There is no greater danger to all of God's children than the threat of the temperature of the earth rising slightly and causing inclement weather. All other issues around the world pale in comparison to this."
Tourists looked on in confused astonishment as they witnessed the Pope himself enter the Sistine Chapel while carrying an extension ladder. "We thought it was an impersonator or something," said American tourist William Moody. "But no, it's really him. He just calmly walked into the center of the chapel, set up the ladder, and climbed up to the ceiling. We were all glad he had some shorts on under those robes."
The Pope then superglued himself in between the hands of Adam and God in the central depiction of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam. "This is symbolic, my children!" Pope Francis shouted while waiting for the glue to dry. "I am placing myself between God and man because — oh, this glue is irritating my skin. I wasn't expecting that."
At publishing time, the Pope remained glued to the ceiling, as tourists ignored his shouts against climate change to take selfies with him dangling in the background.

Will anyone even bother to get him down?

He probably should have thought about this more.

I genuinely believe that the Pope thinks that climate change is the number one problem facing humanity.

He does not believe in the gospel at all.

Pope Francis Glues Self To Sistine Chapel Ceiling To Protest Climate Change
ENVIRONMENT·Oct 19, 2023 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

VATICAN CITY — Joining the groups of outspoken activists who attach themselves to prominent works of art, Pope Francis has glued himself to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel to protest climate change.
"We must stop climate change now!" the 86-year-old pontiff said as he hung precariously from the ceiling that features priceless paintings by famed artist Michelangelo. "There is no greater danger to all of God's children than the threat of the temperature of the earth rising slightly and causing inclement weather. All other issues around the world pale in comparison to this."
Tourists looked on in confused astonishment as they witnessed the Pope himself enter the Sistine Chapel while carrying an extension ladder. "We thought it was an impersonator or something," said American tourist William Moody. "But no, it's really him. He just calmly walked into the center of the chapel, set up the ladder, and climbed up to the ceiling. We were all glad he had some shorts on under those robes."
The Pope then superglued himself in between the hands of Adam and God in the central depiction of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam. "This is symbolic, my children!" Pope Francis shouted while waiting for the glue to dry. "I am placing myself between God and man because — oh, this glue is irritating my skin. I wasn't expecting that."
At publishing time, the Pope remained glued to the ceiling, as tourists ignored his shouts against climate change to take selfies with him dangling in the background.

Will anyone even bother to get him down?

He probably should have thought about this more.
Wow, the reich wing attacking the pope.

Sad.

The next Babylon Bee article that makes me laugh will be the first. Why are conservatives so unfunny?

The next Babylon Bee article that makes me laugh will be the first. Why are conservatives so unfunny?
You old people seem to retain your sense of humour ever so well .
We love your black surreal comments . Are you real or an AI creation ?
If the latter , you could call yourself Misery Guts .

Forum List

Back