Poor Dumb Bastard Cop

You idiot. The cop is not a forensics expert.

Then why supply them with a drug kit? As described above, ANY CHILD can test and determine the differences between meth and common sugar, I was doing such stuff at the age of 12 with a child's chemistry kit, but I guess you are saying a cop isn't that smart.

Getting arrested earns you a PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

Everyone who gets arrested gets a PIN. Every victim of a crime gets a PIN. Everyone who reports a crime gets a PIN. Anyone who is a questioned by police gets a PIN. A PIN is not a 'rap sheet' which is a list of prior charges that have gone to trial or been dismissed.

A PIN, also known as an MNI, only indicates you've had prior dealings with the police in any capacity.

Having a PIN in no way adversely impacts your life.

There are many forms that ask you if you've ever been arrested, if you have been, and you do not disclose that fact, you are committing perjury, so yes, there IS an impact. Many government agency's I worked with required no arrest record of any kind, for any reason.

You can have any arrest that did not result in a felony conviction removed from your record (in most states). However, you will still have a police identifier number. The PIN is merely a unique ID that is used on the identity database and is not indicative of any criminal history.

"In most States" is the key. I don't know which State you are a LEO in, but in my State, and others I have been in, the PIN is specific as to type. A victim PIN is different than a perp PIN.

So ... Are any of you surprised Krispy Kreme uses crystal meth in their donut glaze ... :dunno:

No doubt this is part of the appeal that makes people wait in long lines to get them!!! I remind people in this overly-ignorant, drug-paranoid age that years ago, cocaine was an active ingredient in Coka Cola! It was refreshing! Sigmund Freud and others took it regularly to help clear their thinking. Workers in South America chew the leaves for refreshment as they work. In America they bust your head open and throw you in jail for 25 years. Now which of those is the most fucked up?

When I was a kid, I was commonly given opium for my earaches! Stuff worked great! Earache gone. It was a camphorated tincture called Paregoric. They still make it. My doctor never heard of it. Due to zealous overreaction to drug fears, the DEA has made virtually everything these days illegal, scheduled so high that doctors fear prescribing it, and most of the drugs they DO provide out on the market are rather ineffective now. Many meds now take forever to have a very limited effect.

So LIKE GUNS, with ongoing efforts to disarm decent people while criminals run free, they have taken away most all of the effective medications on the market while criminals run free. And now cops are so caught up in the insanity that they think you have crystal meth just for eating a Krispy Kreme. This country is going to hell.

Last edited:

In your opinion. But it is just another way of collecting data on a person, and data must be kept in files in a computer and computers share with other computers. Sometimes just for eating a doughnut or asking a neighbor to turn down his stereo. Of course it impacts my life! That stuff ain't there to help me, it is there to be used against me at any future date in anyway they can.

The drug kit said it was meth. A state crime lab later determined otherwise. I don't blame the cop, who was doing her job, although she did receive a written reprimand. She's not a chemist and if the test kit confirms meth, how is she at fault?
Amen to this!

God bless you and the cop and the arrested guy always!!!

Holly

P.S. If the man was really given $37,500 to make up for the screw up, I don't believe that he has much reason to do any complaining anymore.

You sound like a cheap date. Can I introduce you to Harvey Weinstein?

Only a fucking IDIOT like YOU would suggest that the cops 'test' for possible drugs by tasting them!
How old are you?????? Like twelve?
The man detained NOT ARRESTED! had a pages long 'rap sheet'!

No, I'm afraid YOU are the idiot. Pretty bad when you are so stupid you don't even know how dumb you are. It really is amazing to see the number of people stand here and DEFEND this event! I can only hope that some day you are arrested for something so stupid. You deserve it. Hopefully, you'll get a bad lawyer too.

The man detained NOT ARRESTED! had a pages long 'rap sheet'? Really? Where in the article does it say any of that? Clips from the article:

A man who was arrested after police mistook the glaze on his Krispy Kreme

Rushing sued the city of Orlando after he was arrested in December 2015 on drug charges. Law enforcement had spotted four small flakes of glaze on his floorboard and thought they were pieces of crystal methamphetamine.

Weeks later, a state crime lab cleared Rushing of the drug allegations. So was he in jail all that time or did he have to post bail?

Rushing told the Orlando Sentinel that he has been trying to open up a security business, but can’t because of his arrest record. “I haven’t been able to work,” Rushing said. “People go online and see that you’ve been arrested.”

Rushing, a retiree from the Orlando Parks Department

he was arrested for possession of methamphetamine after two roadside drug tests tested positive for an illegal substance

The police department at the time said the arrest was lawful but Riggs-Hopkins was given a written reprimand for making an improper arrest, and the Orlando Police Department ended up training more than 730 officers on how to properly use field-test kits.

Only a fucking idiot like you could stand there and claim it was crazy to simply touch your tongue to a tiny flake of sugar when for generations before sophisticated or portable tests were invented, that is exactly how it was done! Only a fucking idiot like you would stand there and say he was detained when he was arrested on drug charges. Only a colossal fucking idiot like you would claim he had a pages long rap sheet unless you know more than the rest of us. He was a retiree from the Parks Department going into the private security business concerned about the arrest record when he already had a pages long rap sheet? You are the KING of fucking idiots!!!

The biggest problem most people have with the police is that EVEN WHEN THEY ARE WRONG, the police departments try to protect them, cover for them, stick up for them. NO MATTER WHAT, the departments response to every situation is to always defend the cop, then do an internal investigation with a vested interested in getting him off. Even if right, that invariably gives the public the impression that cops get away with anything and gives rise to people like BLM. WORSE, this is THE EXACT SAME MECHANISM that Hollywood took for years with Harvey Weinstein, that they defended him, protected him, looked the other way because he was one of their own, and that only changed when such overwhelming evidence finally came out that they couldn't protect him any longer. And those that defend this arrest for all the reasons given are no better than those that protected Weinstein. NO ONE SHOULD BE ARRESTED FOR EATING A DOUGHNUT, simple as that, and now its said they just made a mistake? BULLSHIT. And now its said that the police aren't forensic experts? BULLSHIT. And yet TWO cops both performed forensic tests AND BOTH got it wrong?! To which the department has no reply as usual.

Once again, the police cover up their bad mistakes for the good of the force, because they act as a Union and place each other as more important than seeking the real truth or justice. Is anyone here even remotely aware that out in the REAL WORLD, an employer would FIRE YOU given the slightest doubt or customer complaint, much less pay out $37,500 to repay someone for their gross incompetence and ignorance. That money didn't come from the arresting officers! It didn't come from the police department! It came from the taxes collected from the very community they serve! The more you people vigorously defend this event, the more you just prove what I say is true. And before you retort that they put their lives on the line, let me remind you that no one made them take the job and a LOT of people put their lives on the line, a lot more, everyday, including me in one past job, and no one ever patted me on the back.

When any organization rises above scrutiny, above criticism, that is the surest bet they need a lot MORE scrutiny!

Getting arrested earns you a PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

Everyone who gets arrested gets a PIN. Every victim of a crime gets a PIN. Everyone who reports a crime gets a PIN. Anyone who is a questioned by police gets a PIN. A PIN is not a 'rap sheet' which is a list of prior charges that have gone to trial or been dismissed.

A PIN, also known as an MNI, only indicates you've had prior dealings with the police in any capacity.

There are many forms that ask you if you've ever been arrested, if you have been, and you do not disclose that fact, you are committing perjury, so yes, there IS an impact. Many government agency's I worked with required no arrest record of any kind, for any reason.

You can have any arrest that did not result in a felony conviction removed from your record (in most states). However, you will still have a police identifier number. The PIN is merely a unique ID that is used on the identity database and is not indicative of any criminal history.
YOUR PAPERS PLEAZE. FUCKING NAZIS

Only a fucking IDIOT like YOU would suggest that the cops 'test' for possible drugs by tasting them!
I don't even eat the crumbs on my own floor. I sure wouldn't expect them to taste the cookie crumbs on my carpet. Would be funny though.

"In most States" is the key. I don't know which State you are a LEO in, but in my State, and others I have been in, the PIN is specific as to type. A victim PIN is different than a perp PIN.

The data in the system is different. For example, a victim won't have a physical description in the system. An offender will, including scars, marks and tattoos.

Until the modern age of stupidity, tasting was the most common, most frequently used method of identifying substances. You taste then spit it out.

You can taste something out of this guy's pocket ... not me.

3829705722_e176e8a36e_b.jpg

The next time I arrest someone, will you taste all their shite for me?

The drug kit said it was meth. A state crime lab later determined otherwise. I don't blame the cop, who was doing her job, although she did receive a written reprimand. She's not a chemist and if the test kit confirms meth, how is she at fault?
Amen to this!

Holly

P.S. If the man was really given $37,500 to make up for the screw up, I don't believe that he has much reason to do any complaining anymore.
No thank you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Cheap? If you are thinking that the guy deserved more money, do keep in mind that what he did get was money that he didn't already have and in my opinion, what that man was given was most definitely not pocket change.

I don't even eat the crumbs on my own floor. I sure wouldn't expect them to taste the cookie crumbs on my carpet. Would be funny though.

MY POINT IS (since it seems to be eluding so many of you) that even a few grains of sugar or meth will have its strong characteristic taste and they taste as different as night and day. Anyone who says tasting so little of anything can kill you is full of it. NAME ME what is THAT TOXIC that you might find laying around on the carpet of your car?

Everyone has been blinded by the lie that all these "scientific tests" are more accurate or discerning than our own senses:
The eye is still more discriminating of certain things that CCD cameras still cannot do.
The ear can be trained to detect many musical aspects and amplifier distortions that as of yet still cannot be measured by a meter.
And the tongue is so sensitive just ask any gourmet chef if he thinks he could do a better job finding the perfect balance in his dish by some electronic tool? He would laugh at you.
But if you don't use your senses, you lose that sensitivity.

You taste then spit it out. I can't think of too many substances other than weaponized agents which could be toxic in those minute quantities!

Luckily, I've spent years building up an immunity for iocane powder.

B0uY870CIAAXJD9.jpg

Until the modern age of stupidity, tasting was the most common, most frequently used method of identifying substances. You taste then spit it out.

You can taste something out of this guy's pocket ... not me.
The next time I arrest someone, will you taste all their shite for me?

Sad that you play games with black and white reasoning (look it up) to avoid admitting you are wrong. No I wouldn't sample anything from THAT guy. Did the fellow in the article who used to work in the parks department and whom he and the police thus likely knew each other and whom was on his way to starting a security firm look like that??? Was he a flight risk? Just as I wouldn't see a piece of rabbit poop and assume it is a raisin and eat it, I wouldn't see a few crystals of doughnut glaze (which LOOKED just like it was doughnut glaze!) and assume it must be crystal meth! Besides, was there any more in the car? Are you going to arrest someone and charge them and put them in jail for having 0.001 milligrams of a drug on his floor? Is that why the courts are hopelessly CLOGGED with bullshit cases? Is that the state of America now? And what if some valet who parked the car a few hours earlier had accidentally dropped and left that? There was no reason, given the guy's claim, that those tiny crystals of doughnut glaze couldmn't have been collected for testing and the guy sent on his way giving him the benefit of the doubt. Err on the side of reason. Obviously whatever "field" test they were doing isn't reliable. If it turned out really a drug, was it too hard for the police to issue a warrant? WHEN IN DOUBT, arrest, book and jail? Has America become a country anxious to criminalize everyone for the slightest of reasons, on the slightest of evidence? Is it any wonder there is such anger at the police, and the defensiveness and intransigence of some of you to see the OBVIOUS here is starting to help me understand what some of these protests are about.

Amen to this!

Holly

No thank you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Cheap? If you are thinking that the guy deserved more money, do keep in mind that what he did get was money that he didn't already have and in my opinion, what that man was given was most definitely not pocket change.

Out of that $37,000, he was probably lucky to keep maybe $20,000. I certainly wouldn't have settled for that, nor would my attorney. Maybe $100,000. And I'll tell you another thing, had I been the arresting officer and found out later that I was wrong, that it really WAS just doughnut glaze and had gotten a reprimand for my handling of the matter, I would have apologized to that guy, face to face.

Has America become a country anxious to criminalize everyone for the slightest of reasons, on the slightest of evidence?

Your anger with the police is misplaced. If you're unhappy that recreational drugs in small quantities are illegal and subject to criminal punishments then the person you should be unhappy with is your elected representatives in your state and in Washington.

Politicians from both sides of the house who, unable to learn the lessons of alcohol prohibition, chose to make recreational drugs a criminal offense.

As long as drugs are illegal, cops are obligated to arrest for possessing them.

Forum List

Back