Florida Man Arrested Over Doughnut Glaze

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Remember, if you're innocent you have nothing to fear from the police, right?

Riggs-Hopkins said she was staking out the area for drug activity. Rushing told her he had a concealed weapons permit, according to an arrest report. She asked him to step out of his car and noticed a "rock like substance" on the floorboard.

"I recognized through my eleven years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer the substance to be some sort of narcotic," she wrote.

Florida man arrested; doughnut flakes test positive for meth

fbd65970e5519a3c42439a3218536150.jpg

Riggs-Hopkins and other officers spotted three other pieces of the substance.

"I kept telling them, 'That's ... glaze from a doughnut," Rushing said.

He was charged with possession of methamphetamine with a firearm and spent 10 hours in jail before being released on bond.

It was, in fact, doughnut glaze.

Rushing, who retired after 25 years as an Orlando parks department employee, told the newspaper he has hired a lawyer and plans to sue the city because he was arrested "for no reason at all."

Orlando police said in a statement that the arrest was lawful.

And this is exactly why the police in this country are under so much scrutiny now and not trusted by a large portion of the population. Instead of just admitting they fucked up, giving the man an apology, and some sort of compensation for robbing him of his liberty, they dig in their heels and double down on stupid. Now the taxpayers are going to likely be on the hook for a large payout after the lawsuit goes through.

Remember, if you're innocent you have nothing to fear from the police, right?

Riggs-Hopkins said she was staking out the area for drug activity. Rushing told her he had a concealed weapons permit, according to an arrest report. She asked him to step out of his car and noticed a "rock like substance" on the floorboard.

"I recognized through my eleven years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer the substance to be some sort of narcotic," she wrote.

Florida man arrested; doughnut flakes test positive for meth

fbd65970e5519a3c42439a3218536150.jpg

Riggs-Hopkins and other officers spotted three other pieces of the substance.

"I kept telling them, 'That's ... glaze from a doughnut," Rushing said.

He was charged with possession of methamphetamine with a firearm and spent 10 hours in jail before being released on bond.

It was, in fact, doughnut glaze.

Rushing, who retired after 25 years as an Orlando parks department employee, told the newspaper he has hired a lawyer and plans to sue the city because he was arrested "for no reason at all."

Orlando police said in a statement that the arrest was lawful.

And this is exactly why the police in this country are under so much scrutiny now and not trusted by a large portion of the population. Instead of just admitting they fucked up, giving the man an apology, and some sort of compensation for robbing him of his liberty, they dig in their heels and double down on stupid. Now the taxpayers are going to likely be on the hook for a large payout after the lawsuit goes through.

The question I have to ask is what the hell are they putting in that glaze to cause the test to go positive?

Maybe Krispy Kreme secret ingredient is Meth?

Oh, and the Police Department should apologize and their claim it was a lawful arrest is total bogus...

Forum List

Back