Pompeo verbally assaulted an NPR reporter.

This bit, where you assume that I am a block of wood, with no self awareness of my own, is not endearing you or your side to me.

Nor is it making your case.
Call it tough love. You already declared that you don’t care who is lying and who is telling the truth between Pompeo and Kelly.

In a way, that’s self aware, but not how you think.

Why don’t you care?

Because the issues are much bigger than this instance, or even the Ukraine.

Id say the credibility of the press is a pretty big issue.

The Press has no credibility. If there is negative credibility, they have that.

I think issues like this highlight the problem with the assessment. You say they have no credibility but here we have a reporter telling the truth and the administration lying about them. That damages their credibility, but not because the press isn’t credible but because this is a battle and people are choosing sides.

The sides were drawn up long ago. Most people have already taken one side or the other. The few that are listening still, will not find this small example very important, compared to the other lies that the media has told, often about them.

Call it tough love. You already declared that you don’t care who is lying and who is telling the truth between Pompeo and Kelly.

In a way, that’s self aware, but not how you think.

Why don’t you care?

I think issues like this highlight the problem with the assessment. You say they have no credibility but here we have a reporter telling the truth and the administration lying about them. That damages their credibility, but not because the press isn’t credible but because this is a battle and people are choosing sides.

The sides were drawn up long ago. Most people have already taken one side or the other. The few that are listening still, will not find this small example very important, compared to the other lies that the media has told, often about them.

Selection bias. You’re choosing to ignore this because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Selection bias. You’re choosing to ignore this because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

No, I'm not. I don't know or care who is in the right in this small example, because it is a small issue among a much larger conflict.

The media deserves to be held in contempt and needs to be marginalized for the good of the nation.

No, I'm not. I don't know or care who is in the right in this small example, because it is a small issue among a much larger conflict.

The media deserves to be held in contempt and needs to be marginalized for the good of the nation.

Stalin would be so proud of you!

He was pissed off because he couldn't answer the questions.

Audio at the link.

Pompeo explodes at NPR reporter, asks if she could find Ukraine on a map

Audio at the link doesn't have verbal assault in it.
You have to read the text too.

Put out a little.effort guys.

You referred to audio as some kind of proof, when it wasn't.

What's in the text is what "she said", and I wouldn't give much to it, without his side of story, and "he said" she broke the agreement for the interview.

In other words, when a woman makes allegations against a powerful man, she is not to be believed. I would think that she is the more believable of the two. Especially since she has text messages which show that she discussed the these questions with his staff.

Instead, your side has called her "gash" and other demeaning slanders because she DARED to call this powerful man a liar and to castigate him for screaming at her.

The bald fact is that when Trump and his minions are caught and cornered, they become nasty, vindictive and hostile. And dangerous.

Pompeo could go to jail for his part in this fiasco. Every else around Trump and willing to do his bidding, has ended up in jail. Pompeo is in this conspiracy up to his neck and he knows it.

Are you saying she is to be believed "because she's woman"?

I am not defending Pompeo here, my question is, what has she done, beside being a woman, to have my trust?

upload_2020-1-28_11-58-29.png

Last edited:

Stalin? Stalin would love the way the media lies in pursuit of the lefty agenda.

What are you talking about?

Audio at the link.

What's in the text is what "she said", and I wouldn't give much to it, without his side of story, and "he said" she broke the agreement for the interview.

In other words, when a woman makes allegations against a powerful man, she is not to be believed. I would think that she is the more believable of the two. Especially since she has text messages which show that she discussed the these questions with his staff.

Instead, your side has called her "gash" and other demeaning slanders because she DARED to call this powerful man a liar and to castigate him for screaming at her.

The bald fact is that when Trump and his minions are caught and cornered, they become nasty, vindictive and hostile. And dangerous.

Pompeo could go to jail for his part in this fiasco. Every else around Trump and willing to do his bidding, has ended up in jail. Pompeo is in this conspiracy up to his neck and he knows it.

I am not defending Pompeo here, my question is, what has she done, beside being a woman, to have my trust?

View attachment 303031

She should be believed because she provided evidence that what she said was true. Because witnesses also confirmed that Pompeo inappropriated screamed at her after the interview ended. That instead of calling her a "lying gash", she should be believed because she has evidencce, and Pompeo does not.

She provided the email evidence that she did, in fact, discuss the Ukrainian questions with Pompeo's staff prior to asking these questions, and that Pompeo LIED when he said she "blindsided" him with questions he wasn't expecting.

Stalin? Stalin would love the way the media lies in pursuit of the lefty agenda.

It was Stalin who initially called the press the "enemy of the people". Trump has adopted Stalin's talking points, not the left. Stalin would love the way Trump lies in pursuit of his corrupt agenda.

It was Stalin who initially called the press the "enemy of the people". Trump has adopted Stalin's talking points, not the left. Stalin would love the way Trump lies in pursuit of his corrupt agenda.

Different press. DIfferent people. Different situation. Different agenda(s). Different times. Different place.

But other than that, good point you made.

View attachment 303031

She should be believed because she provided evidence that what she said was true. Because witnesses also confirmed that Pompeo inappropriated screamed at her after the interview ended. That instead of calling her a "lying gash", she should be believed because she has evidencce, and Pompeo does not.

She provided the email evidence that she did, in fact, discuss the Ukrainian questions with Pompeo's staff prior to asking these questions, and that Pompeo LIED when he said she "blindsided" him with questions he wasn't expecting.

To whom she provided her e-mails as "evidence"? People she work with? Have you seen it?

Basically what you're saying is, "I believe her because she's a woman, and he's a man, and she's saying what I want to hear."

But Trump didn't call press, "the enemy of the people", did he?

Tell us, whom exactly did he call that, please.

Yes he did. In a tweet on Apr 5, 2019 is one specific example.

Audio at the link.

Since when is that a crime?

This thread is 55 pages long and nobody said it was a crime and then in rides bripat to erect one of his world famous strawmen.
Are you saying it is a crime to criticize a reporter?

Fuck dude, learn how to read. Nobody has said it was a crime in all 55 pages so you stupid ass strawman just makes you look like more of a fool than normal.
Then what the fuck are you whining about?

Audio at the link.

This thread is 55 pages long and nobody said it was a crime and then in rides bripat to erect one of his world famous strawmen.

Fuck dude, learn how to read. Nobody has said it was a crime in all 55 pages so you stupid ass strawman just makes you look like more of a fool than normal.

I am not whining, but that aside something does not have to be illegal to be wrong. Are you truly that fucking stupid?

don’t bother answering, we all know the answer.

I am not whining, but that aside something does not have to be illegal to be wrong. Are you truly that fucking stupid?

don’t bother answering, we all know the answer.
I seldom see anything said to leftwing reporters to be wrong, unless it is to agree with them.

How was he "sandbagged"? NPR CEO Defends Journalist After Pompeo Lashes Out Over Ukraine Interview

LANSING: He did not dispute the facts as she reported them based on the conversation that occurred after the interview when he had the expletive-filled rage. I think that's important to point out. I think it's also important to point out that Mary Louise Kelly has an email chain with Katie Martin, an aide to the secretary of state, confirming that she would be discussing Ukraine. So that's a provably false statement. And it's also important to point out that no journalist would agree to go behind closed doors with the secretary of state and agree to go off the record. That would just be something no honorable journalist would do.​
Have you seen the emails?

You really should keep up...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...93cf0e-4071-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html
Nice try but I am not a wapo subscriber so I cant see their fake news

Suffice to say, the emails have been provided and Pompeo lied.

Emails cast further doubt on Pompeo's claim NPR reporter lied to him
You have read the emails yourself?

Yes, at the link you’re too cheap to view. You can’t provide evidence to the contrary. Pompeo can’t produce evidence to the contrary. Because HE lied. (And has a meltdown)

Since you lefties are mind readers, you surely know who was addressed in that tweet.

She punches like a girl
How many seconds could she last against Connor McGregger?
View attachment 302943
The last man he fought was knocked out in the first round

and the Cowboy would wipe the floor with her too

So a man was inferior to another man in a fight. That proves what? She would last far longer than you would. Does that make her superior to you?
I’m not a prize fight you trains to my physical best

that woman is a freak

but at her best she still gets beaten badly by even an average male fighter

And she would decimate the average male. You're not proving your point. You have given no evidence that men are superior to women or that women are not equal to men.
And the average male decimates the average female

your Amazon warrior only gets in the ring with other females

So physical strength is your only metric for equality? It’s a very base, regressive and illogical position. That makes millions of men “inferior” to some women and vice versa.

Since you lefties are mind readers, you surely know who was addressed in that tweet.

I know what he tweeted, that is all that matters.

Forum List

Back