Pompeo says State Dept. officials won’t show up for scheduled impeachment depositions this week

Impeachment is just another Coyote Boomerang.... perhaps the Liberals do not have the mental capacity to learn

Coyote Boomerang.png

Given all that, Pompeo should require them to bring specific charges and detail the issues that will be on the table.
Well, the first reason that is silly is that the impeachment inquiry exists to find out what charges, if any, should be brought.

The second reason it is silly is that the requests from the committee have been very specific:

"related to reported efforts by President Trump and his associates to improperly pressure the Ukrainian government to assist the President's bid for reelection."

The third reason is that Pompeii has no such rights to demand any of that. His refusal is only provided cover by the fact that the DOJ will not prosecute him for defiance, and that the Congress is not yet to the point of invoking their powers regarding inherent contempt.

Last edited:
He's not worried
He, of course, is, thus the stonewalling.
Epic Fail...

No official investigation... Nothing to respond to... IE: Not worried..
This is not what 'not worried' looks like. Not worried would be total laughing compliance...and amusement as the the Committee tried to prove a nothing burger.

Stonewalling makes it look like 'something'--and the committee is not going away.
but nothing like what deleting 33k mails and destroying hard drives would look like, huh?
Haha...I see you brought your whataboutism pea shooter.... pew pew

He's not worried
Epic Fail...

This is not what 'not worried' looks like. Not worried would be total laughing compliance...and amusement as the the Committee tried to prove a nothing burger.

Stonewalling makes it look like 'something'--and the committee is not going away.
but nothing like what deleting 33k mails and destroying hard drives would look like, huh?
What does one have to do with the other..this false comparison that keeps cropping up...only some very amoral people would think that one bad act, by Clinton..somehow excuses another bad act..by Trump--or whoever.
All bad acts stand on their own..ethically.
Bringing up Clinton or Obama or Biden....has no relevance when investigating someone else's bad acts.

Hang them all..if all need to be hung. But excuse none..for the actions of another.

Tit for tat does not fly..legally or ethically.

Given all that, Pompeo should require them to bring specific charges and detail the issues that will be on the table.
Well, the first reason that is silly is that the impeachment inquiry exiats to find out what charges, if any, should be brought.

The second reason it is silly is that the requests from the committee have been very specific:

"related to reported efforts by President Trump and his associates to improperly pressure the Ukrainian government to assist the President's bid for reelection."

The third reason is that Pompeii has no such rights to demand any of that. His refusal is only provided cover by the fact that the DOJ will not prosecute him for defiance, and that the Congress is not yet to the point of invoking their powers regarding inherent contempt.

Pompeo can give them the finger for the rest of his life and absolutely nothing will happen to him.

Jo

He's smart. He will wait till all the evidence one way or another is in.

Only a lefty loon like you would call that stone walling.
ROTF! Calling me a lefty is sure sign of ignorance.
As for ignorance...he is not going to wait for all the evidence when he is PART of the evidence!

Stonewalling I said..and stonewalling I meant. Not that I believe for a moment that he will be successful.

I would think that this is at the order of Pompeo's boss..the President.
Right
The question is "what can congress do about it?".
How about they start doing their jobs and stop wasting all this time and money?

the house has passed several bills starting on day one, including strengthening gun laws, lowering drug costs, re-instating the voting rights act among many MANY others.

sent them over to moscow mitch who refuses to bring ANY of them to the floor. research it yerself, dimbulb.
Ridiculous bullshit! Why don't enforce laws already in force?

looooooooooooooooooopholes, dummy.

The question is "what can congress do about it?".
How about they start doing their jobs and stop wasting all this time and money?
They have. Moscow Mitch brags about their bills dying in his office. Pay attention!
I think you assume that doing a job means passing bills that they know from the start are going no where.
The idea of congress has always been for both houses to work together to pass bills that can be agreed upon then be signed by the president.
One of the houses could pass a bill that required everyone under the age of ten to be euthanized then bitch about the fact the other one does not allow bills to be passed.

He's not worried
Epic Fail...

emails.jpg

He's not worried
Epic Fail...

What does one have to do with the other..this false comparison that keeps cropping up...only some very amoral people would think that one bad act, by Clinton..somehow excuses another bad act..by Trump--or whoever.
Bringing up Clinton or Obama or Biden....has no relevance when investigating someone else's bad acts.

Hang them all..if all need to be hung. But excuse none..for the actions of another.

It's not a matter of one bad act or a dozen bad acts... it's a matter of the well established pattern of non pursuance that is never going to be interrupted because it's too costly to interrupt.

Jo

He's not worried
Epic Fail...

oh you can fuck off with that shit. the left has said JUST PERSONAL MAIL and NEVER validated it and NOT ONE GOD DAMN TIME CARED OUT THE OPTICS LOOKED.

now you're trying to go after someone else for something that "looks" bad when you protect your side from "looks bad" to the death.

god damn tired of this hypocritical bullshit.

Epic Fail...

oh you can fuck off with that shit. the left has said JUST PERSONAL MAIL and NEVER validated it and NOT ONE GOD DAMN TIME CARED OUT THE OPTICS LOOKED.

now you're trying to go after someone else for something that "looks" bad when you protect your side from "looks bad" to the death.

Lefty owns no mirrors.

Jo

Epic Fail...

Lefty owns no mirrors.

Jo
yea, it's damn hilarious to hear people say "well this looks bad for trump" then turn around and go BIDEN WASN'T PROTECTING HIS SON!!! (well, it looks bad!) HILLARY DIDN'T DELETE EVIDENCE (well, it looks like she did AND more) and wonder why there's a divide between groups.

So..the stonewalling begins..will it work? Or..will it just pour gas on an already burning fire?
I sense Pompeo may be panicking just a bit..after all...what harm could there be..if all was on the up and up?

Pompeo says State Dept. officials won’t show up for scheduled impeachment depositions this week

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”
The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”
The statements came as Pompeo’s role in the Ukraine investigation broadened with reports that he was a participant in the July 25 call by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to the impeachment investigation.

Before that report, first published by The Wall Street Journal, Pompeo had brushed off questions about the incident, saying last week that he had not yet read the transcript of the telephone call released by the White House, or the whistleblower complaint that it sparked.
The committee, along with the House Intelligence and Oversight panels, had requested the five officials to appear for depositions this week and next, to begin Wednesday with Marie Yovanovitch, who was recalled by Pompeo as ambassador to Ukraine in May, prior to the end of her tour.
Other State Department officials scheduled for depositions include Kurt Volker, the administration’s special envoy to Ukraine, who resigned last week; Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent; U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland; and State Department Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl."
What does the state department have to do with a whistleblower complaint against Trump????????????

Well, the first reason that is silly is that the impeachment inquiry exists to find out what charges, if any, should be brought.

Given that the second reason is not founded or grounded in any fact, that would require much more clarification from the Congress. A good reason to do as I said.

He has every right to refuse an improper subpoena.

The impeachment farce should already have an agenda with a detailed listing of reports from Justice of an independent investigation listing the concerns and wrong doings of the President in order to justify the impeachment. They have none of that and Pompeo is under no obligation to aid them in their witch hunt

Congress is not above the Executive branch.

Epic Fail...

***yawn*** and if i were a Democrat..or a Leftist..and had said such things....sure. I have no real side...I despise Trump and yet have defended him when the Left's shit became egregious. I called for Clinton to drop out of the race a year before the election...about the same time that i said the same about Trump. This is not that...and the utter enthusiasm that the Trump faction is showing in bringing up anything they can to deflect from this latest is telling, to me.

Of course, I'm not a Dem..and i haven't said any of that.. so your dismissal looks to me like classic deflection.

If you are tired of dishonesty and hypocrisy...perhaps you might give your side a good hard look.

Epic Fail...

***yawn*** and if i were a Democrat..or a Leftist..and had said such things....sure. I have no real side...I despise Trump and yet have defended him when the Left's shit became egregious. I called for Clinton to drop out of the race a year before the election...about the same time that i said the same about Trump. This is not that...and the utter enthusiasm that the Trump faction is showing in bringing up anything they can to deflect from this latest is telling, to me.

Of course, I'm not a Dem..and i haven't said any of that.. so your dismissal looks to me like classic deflection.

If you are tired of dishonesty and hypocrisy...perhaps you might give your side a good hard look.
ok - so talking to you is useless and your YAWN bullshit is also why people can't talk over why we are so divided.

i simply don't give a flying FUCK at this point how things "LOOK". prove it or shut the fuck up.

So..the stonewalling begins..will it work? Or..will it just pour gas on an already burning fire?
I sense Pompeo may be panicking just a bit..after all...what harm could there be..if all was on the up and up?

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”
The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”
The statements came as Pompeo’s role in the Ukraine investigation broadened with reports that he was a participant in the July 25 call by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to the impeachment investigation.

Before that report, first published by The Wall Street Journal, Pompeo had brushed off questions about the incident, saying last week that he had not yet read the transcript of the telephone call released by the White House, or the whistleblower complaint that it sparked.
The committee, along with the House Intelligence and Oversight panels, had requested the five officials to appear for depositions this week and next, to begin Wednesday with Marie Yovanovitch, who was recalled by Pompeo as ambassador to Ukraine in May, prior to the end of her tour.
Other State Department officials scheduled for depositions include Kurt Volker, the administration’s special envoy to Ukraine, who resigned last week; Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent; U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland; and State Department Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl."
What does the state department have to do with a whistleblower complaint against Trump????????????

if pompeo was in on that call - i would say a whole swamp full of having to do with it.

Forum List

Back