Pompeo says State Dept. officials won’t show up for scheduled impeachment depositions this week

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So..the stonewalling begins..will it work? Or..will it just pour gas on an already burning fire?
I sense Pompeo may be panicking just a bit..after all...what harm could there be..if all was on the up and up?

Pompeo says State Dept. officials won’t show up for scheduled impeachment depositions this week

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”
The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”
The statements came as Pompeo’s role in the Ukraine investigation broadened with reports that he was a participant in the July 25 call by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to the impeachment investigation.

Before that report, first published by The Wall Street Journal, Pompeo had brushed off questions about the incident, saying last week that he had not yet read the transcript of the telephone call released by the White House, or the whistleblower complaint that it sparked.
The committee, along with the House Intelligence and Oversight panels, had requested the five officials to appear for depositions this week and next, to begin Wednesday with Marie Yovanovitch, who was recalled by Pompeo as ambassador to Ukraine in May, prior to the end of her tour.
Other State Department officials scheduled for depositions include Kurt Volker, the administration’s special envoy to Ukraine, who resigned last week; Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent; U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland; and State Department Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl."

"If I were Pompeo, I believe I would say 'Go to Hell'. If I were Pompeo."

He's smart. He will wait till all the evidence one way or another is in.

Only a lefty loon like you would call that stone walling.

So..the stonewalling begins..will it work? Or..will it just pour gas on an already burning fire?
I sense Pompeo may be panicking just a bit..after all...what harm could there be..if all was on the up and up?

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo fired a broadside at House Democrats on Tuesday, saying State Department officials scheduled to appear this week before committees conducting the impeachment inquiry would not be made available until “we obtain further clarity on these matters.”
The refusal, in a letter to House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.), described the demand for depositions by five officials who played a role in U.S. relations with Ukraine as “an attempt to intimidate, bully, and treat improperly, the distinguished professionals of the Department of State.”
The statements came as Pompeo’s role in the Ukraine investigation broadened with reports that he was a participant in the July 25 call by President Trump to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to the impeachment investigation.

Before that report, first published by The Wall Street Journal, Pompeo had brushed off questions about the incident, saying last week that he had not yet read the transcript of the telephone call released by the White House, or the whistleblower complaint that it sparked.
The committee, along with the House Intelligence and Oversight panels, had requested the five officials to appear for depositions this week and next, to begin Wednesday with Marie Yovanovitch, who was recalled by Pompeo as ambassador to Ukraine in May, prior to the end of her tour.
Other State Department officials scheduled for depositions include Kurt Volker, the administration’s special envoy to Ukraine, who resigned last week; Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent; U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland; and State Department Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl."
And then some of them will resign and testify anyway. Like Volker.

He's smart. He will wait till all the evidence one way or another is in.

Only a lefty loon like you would call that stone walling.
ROTF! Calling me a lefty is sure sign of ignorance.
As for ignorance...he is not going to wait for all the evidence when he is PART of the evidence!

Stonewalling I said..and stonewalling I meant. Not that I believe for a moment that he will be successful.

I would think that this is at the order of Pompeo's boss..the President.

The impeachment lie is falling apart.... Until Nancy puts it to a vote to officially open an investigation Nancy has no compelling need to have anyone deposed.. This is blowing up in their faces..

The impeachment lie is falling apart...
:auiqs.jpg:
Liberal Defense Mechanisim.JPG

Awe,,, Poor Libtard....

He's not worried
He, of course, is, thus the stonewalling.
Epic Fail...

No official investigation... Nothing to respond to... IE: Not worried..
This is not what 'not worried' looks like. Not worried would be total laughing compliance...and amusement as the the Committee tried to prove a nothing burger.

Stonewalling makes it look like 'something'--and the committee is not going away.

He's not worried
He, of course, is, thus the stonewalling.
Epic Fail...

No official investigation... Nothing to respond to... IE: Not worried..
This is not what 'not worried' looks like. Not worried would be total laughing compliance...and amusement as the the Committee tried to prove a nothing burger.

Stonewalling makes it look like 'something'--and the committee is not going away.
You have no official impeachment investigation... Until the house votes for one you have nothing... And no one need respond to deposition demands.

Forum List

Back