Polygamy Next Marriage to Legalize?

I know the antigay marriage crowd says the slippery slope will lead to adults marrying children, but if you now the case law on children consent, you know that it won't go there. Minors don't have the mental capacity to consent to such a relationship. But I digress.

Polygamy is getting challenged as we say and I have no doubt it will be legalized fairly soon. Should it be? Do you have an issue with it? No doubt there will soon be mail order 2nd wives from Easter Europe starting soon.

I don't see how with the gay marriage supreme court ruling that the courts can deny this. So is America ready for polygamy? Personally I wouldn't mind a 2nd 20 something wife!:dance:

Why could they deny it before same sex marriage was legalized?

Courts will look to that precedent when going forward. If it ever makes it to the supreme court, then it will be the law of the land.

It wasn't a polygamy precedent. The SCOTUS polygamy precedent was set in the 19th century.
What case was that? I see this case being used to get polygamy as the law of the land.

I know the antigay marriage crowd says the slippery slope will lead to adults marrying children, but if you now the case law on children consent, you know that it won't go there. Minors don't have the mental capacity to consent to such a relationship. But I digress.

Polygamy is getting challenged as we say and I have no doubt it will be legalized fairly soon. Should it be? Do you have an issue with it? No doubt there will soon be mail order 2nd wives from Easter Europe starting soon.

I don't see how with the gay marriage supreme court ruling that the courts can deny this. So is America ready for polygamy? Personally I wouldn't mind a 2nd 20 something wife!:dance:

Why could they deny it before same sex marriage was legalized?

Courts will look to that precedent when going forward. If it ever makes it to the supreme court, then it will be the law of the land.

It wasn't a polygamy precedent. The SCOTUS polygamy precedent was set in the 19th century.
What case was that? I see this case being used to get polygamy as the law of the land.

Reynolds v United States.

Do you understand why same sex marriage was ruled an equal right?

According to the GOP I need to marry animals, inanimate objects, and at least three people now.

As that is what they claimed would happen if same-sex marriage passed.

So this my new to do list, according to the GOP:
- Marry three men/or at least one partner must be male.
- Marry a box turtle.
- Marry an igneous rock.
- Marry a cat.
- Marry a dog.
- Marry a horse (like that Roman Emperor).

The far right social cons of the GOP, our party, are a bunch of assholes who have now power.

Everything may be legalized in this country. We have misled the idea of freedom. Americans may break all the principles to embody their freedom into presence. Nobody care how does this freedom look. zoophilia will be the next step.

Everything may be legalized in this country. We have misled the idea of freedom. Americans may break all the principles to embody their freedom into presence. Nobody care how does this freedom look. zoophilia will be the next step.
Relax Chicken Little, chickens still cannot grant consent...

No, good Americans do not breed with the far right.

Polygamy may eventually legal but I don't see it happening the same way it happened with interracial marriage and gay marriage. Instead it will be something that people vote for because there are so few men out there worth marrying these days.

According to the GOP I need to marry animals, inanimate objects, and at least three people now.

- Marry a box turtle.
- Marry an igneous rock.
- Marry a cat.
- Marry a dog.
Nice Red Herring. Conservatives are asking a relevant question what is next? I personally don't know a court can deny plural marriage for consenting adults with the precedent set with Reynolds!

Marriage to children will not pass since it is consenting adults and children, under the law, do not have the mental capacity to consent.

Marriage to animals or inanimate object? Now you are being foolish for the sake of red herrings.

- Marry a box turtle.
- Marry an igneous rock.
- Marry a cat.
- Marry a dog.
Nice Red Herring. Conservatives are asking a relevant question what is next? I personally don't know a court can deny plural marriage for consenting adults with the precedent set with Reynolds!

Marriage to children will not pass since it is consenting adults and children, under the law, do not have the mental capacity to consent.

Marriage to animals or inanimate object? Now you are being foolish for the sake of red herrings.

Same sex marriage doesn't set any plural marriage precedents.

Polygamy may eventually legal but I don't see it happening the same way it happened with interracial marriage and gay marriage. Instead it will be something that people vote for because there are so few men out there worth marrying these days.

WTF? Suddenly the states are allowed to regulate which sexual-orientations may marry? ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOURSELF??!

Can you see public opinion going in favor of polygamy? I can't. So unless you think you could convince us liberals that polygamy should be legal then I don't think you have any luck making it legal. Are you saying Republicans would like to make polygamy legal?

Can you see public opinion going in favor of polygamy? I can't. So unless you think you could convince us liberals that polygamy should be legal then I don't think you have any luck making it legal. Are you saying Republicans would like to make polygamy legal?
Three, or more, is going to be a tough sell. The only tradition of it here we outlawed. It might be Biblical but lots of Biblical things are also outlawed.

Three, or more, is going to be a tough sell. The only tradition of it here we outlawed. It might be Biblical but lots of Biblical things are also outlawed.
For Republicans making this argument I would love to hear why they think polygamy should be legalized please make the case for it. What arguments do conservatives think liberals would make for allowing polygamy

- Marry a box turtle.
- Marry an igneous rock.
- Marry a cat.
- Marry a dog.

It would be a red herring, if the GOP didn't claim it.

Do you deny that the GOP claimed a ridiculous slippery slope with polygamy, and marrying animals and inanimate objects. Because its all on tape. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back