Poll - Will you vote for your current incumbent Senators/Congressmen?

Will you vote for your incumbents?

• Yes, I'm going to vote for my current rep.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No, vote that asshole out!

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • None of my reps are up for re-election

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
73% of Americans disapprove of Congress in general. Since we don't elect congress "in general", I'm curious - how many people here on this board are going to vote out their incumbent Senators or Congressmen that are up for re-election this year?

Possibly, depends who's on the ballot. Mine doesn't do anything anyway.

Absolutely not.

The congressweasel where I'm registered --David Obey-- is a plain old crook, and Russ Feingold is a demopublicratican, who has the added strike against him in having been in the District of Criminals for far too long.

I'll be voting for the Libertarian Party candidate for the House, unless this one Republican wins the primary but it's unlikely. As for Senator, Voinovich isn't running again so I have to vote for somebody else regardless.

Heck yeah...

So you are pleased with the fact that your congressperson and senators were unable to get healthcare passed when they did not need anyone on board across the aisle?

You are pleased that billions of your hard earned tax dollars were used as bribes for votes of their fellow democrats?

You like what you see?

OK...good for you. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
My representatives are not up this year. As long as they keep doing what they're doing and listening to constituents, I'm good with them.

But as a side note, I believe We The People, should seriously consider term limits on everbody. Less chance of getting too comfy in their positions. I also think they should work a 5 day week instead of a 3 day week and that We The People should be the ones approving Congressional raises - not Congress. Better still it should be based on merit/performance instead of an automatic raise year after year after year.

I will check the voting record.. if they continue to vote for growing government expansion, entitlement programs, etc... I will not vote for them... not that this is any different than how I normally do things

I don't even know who's running against my Congresscritter yet, we'll see who wins the primary - if anybody runs this cycle. He's often unopposed. And even when somebody runs against him, well, his last challenger was so corrupt he made even that nepotistic embezzler look like a saint.

For Senate, it's another tossup. The likely challenger to Specter will be a guy who could be Rick Santorum's twin brother, plus an actual residence in the state and minus the whole dead baby creepiness. I don't like Darlin' Arlen and he's been in DC way too long, but can't the R's do a little better than that kind of old tired crap? It feels like a retread, just with a different name.

I may not even vote. It's just depressing.

Last edited:
I live in Oregon's Third District. I have never voted for the incumbent in all the years I have lived here. And when I lived in Oregon's 1st district, I didn't vote for the incumbent then either.

I lived in SF for two years. Voted against the incumbent there as well.

So far, it hasn't worked well.

Like voting the incumbents out will matter.

Voting in America is much like trying to decide if you would rather die of Cancer or congestive heart failure.

Ahh but I do enjoy seeing those that keep believeing over and over that this one will be the one that changes everything and fixes Washington....

Last edited:
73% of Americans disapprove of Congress in general. Since we don't elect congress "in general", I'm curious - how many people here on this board are going to vote out their incumbent Senators or Congressmen that are up for re-election this year?

If my rep/reps have done me well then yes I will.

I wasnt a monster fan of either of my senators then either. My congresspuppy first took office in 04, and hadnt made much of an impression either way in 06. He was one of the Republican leaders against TARP and some of the other Bush nonsense, and he has been pretty decent against the Obama crap, and should be rewarded with a good private sector job. Time for new blood, but none is running.

I was planning on voting for Charlie Crist.

You could say he is the replacement incumbent.

But if Marco Rubio wins the nomination, I think I am going to have a hard time this election year. I am a centrists that is starting to lean left due to the Tea party and their right wing style rhetoric.

Forum List

Back