Poll - Will you vote for your current incumbent Senators/Congressmen?

Will you vote for your incumbents?

• Yes, I'm going to vote for my current rep.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No, vote that asshole out!

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • None of my reps are up for re-election

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
73% of Americans disapprove of Congress in general. Since we don't elect congress "in general", I'm curious - how many people here on this board are going to vote out their incumbent Senators or Congressmen that are up for re-election this year?

I always vote and never re-elect anyone.
That makes no sense at all. Why bother to vote at all?

Hmm I wonder if everyone posting on this thread had the same attitude in 2006?

Uhhh.. yep...

I voted against that dirty liberal senator then... and I'll do it again the next time he's up

And I did note for the incumbent REP congressman... but neither did I vote for the liberal opponent nor the green party whacko

Hmm I wonder if everyone posting on this thread had the same attitude in 2006?

Actually, I did.

My Congresscritter was running against a 3-time retread with 4 failed businesses and a shitload of neocon think tank/PAC money under his belt in terms of both contributions and jobs they stuck him in when he proved himself incompetent to do anything else. Plus the incumbent's nepotism scandal hadn't broken yet. So, voted for the incumbent as the lesser of two evils. If there had been a decent Republican challenger I would have considered him. But in 2008 even with the incumbent tanking with an unfolding scandal they ran....who they ran. Ugh.

And of course I voted to get rid of the then-incumbent scumbag Santorum. But Casey is a decent guy, with whom I don't always agree but whom I can respect overall. So that was certainly no hardship.

I will vote against Rand in the primary.
The stoopit baseball player is not running for reelection I think. So it is a Kennedy style seat.

He burned his butt bad carrying water for Bush and the neos.

I will however vote to keep my state level house member.

I'll vote against mine.

Then tell us which state and district you are in.

By the way, I was going to try and intermingle topology in the response until I rememebered. I dislike Topology.

and don't try to spring any of that Algebraic Geometry on us either. That is even worst, buddy.

I have a blue dog that represents my district. I like him. The GOP has never fielded a serious contender here, so I have no problem crossing the aisle on this one.

73% of Americans disapprove of Congress in general. Since we don't elect congress "in general", I'm curious - how many people here on this board are going to vote out their incumbent Senators or Congressmen that are up for re-election this year?

I always vote and never re-elect anyone.

I dont see anything wrong with what he said. He always votes for new blood. So what?

I dont see anything wrong with what he said. He always votes for new blood. So what?
Handling the People's business in Congress is not like working at McDonalds. Running the Nation's business is complicated; we don't need everyone being amateurs and having no idea what they're doing.

I recogonize your opinion. My opinion is that career politicians get too comfortable and too corrupted by their longevity.

I never ever vote for the incumbent. When I ran for local office, I promised up front one term and out. That's what i did too.

ya gotta rotate the hogs at the trough, otherwise they get fat, mean, and territorial

I agree. But they get fat, mean and territorial at different rates.

If a Congresscritter is still doing an actual decent job, I wouldn't vote him or her out on principle. Some may not be able to manage one term without succumbing, others can handle ten or twelve years before they get greedy enough to turn their backs on their constituents. It's an individual thing.

Heck yeah...

So you are pleased with the fact that your congressperson and senators were unable to get healthcare passed when they did not need anyone on board across the aisle?

You are pleased that billions of your hard earned tax dollars were used as bribes for votes of their fellow democrats?

You like what you see?

OK...good for you. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

My congress people were on board. In fact, my senior senator and my congressman are at the forefront.
I can't help it if the rest of them are too wussy to force the party of no to filibuster.

does that answer your question?

I'll also point out that, as Tip O'Neil said, 'all politics is local'. And my congressman is very involved in the community as is our senator. They do a good job.

you'd hate them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back