Poll How many people still think Ryan plan is to destroy Medicare?

Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan will only apply to what age and younger?

• Anyone who is retired now will have Medicare destroyed..

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Anyone over 65 will be affected

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • only applies to Americans younger than 55 years of age,

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I really don't understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Ryan voucher plan, i.e., the one Republicans really want, would add about a. $6000 to the average senior's medical costs.

The average income for someone on Medicare is b. $23,000.

Subtract a. from b. what's left?

Here is Paul Ryan explaining Medicare problems.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIC7kEq6kw]The Path to Prosperity (Episode 2): Saving Medicare, Visualized - YouTube[/ame]

[

Younger than 55 will still have the option to stay with Medicare. ]

That has to be bullshit.

IF Medicare is unsustainable, which is what is being claimed here, how can you fix it if you allow people to stay in it if they want to?

You're letting the people choose to perpetuate something you claim is unsustainable. That's nonsensical.

Medicare probably is unsustainable since Obama saw fit to loot it of 700 Billion dollars.

Stop listening to the radio.

That adjustment pushed the insolvency date back by 8 years. Those adjustments are also part of Ryan's compromise plan.

The Ryan voucher plan, i.e., the one Republicans really want, would add about a. $6000 to the average senior's medical costs.

The average income for someone on Medicare is b. $23,000.

Subtract a. from b. what's left?

The way I heard it explained was that

If you take what Obama wants to do and combine that with the ACA, it saves Medicare with minimal disruption.

If you take what Ryan wants to do and combine that with the ACA, Seniors will face shortfalls that mount the longer they live which is counter-intuitive to the costs that usually go up in later-life patients.

If you take what Ryan wants to do and repeal the ACA, you're basically condemning seniors to the whims of the marketplace that may or may not offer coverage. Rural seniors will be most effected of course

Forum List

Back