Poll How many people still think Ryan plan is to destroy Medicare?

Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan will only apply to what age and younger?

• Anyone who is retired now will have Medicare destroyed..

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Anyone over 65 will be affected

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • only applies to Americans younger than 55 years of age,

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I really don't understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting that our board Obamabots can't seem to really find fault with Ryan's program and are reduced to posting scartoons. Do you have any details on your objections or are you just hoping to scare someone?

FellP20120813_low.jpg

Liberal Trope:
“Ryan wants to destroy Medicare.”

By now the details of the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan are well known. Avik Roy explains:

the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan—so named because it was coauthored by progressive Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore.) —
only applies to Americans younger than 55 years of age, and
gives those younger individuals the option of remaining in the traditional Medicare program,
or choosing a comparable private-sector insurance plan.

The policy-wonk term for this approach is “competitive bidding,” an idea that originated with Democrats. The Wyden-Ryan plan is nearly identical to one that was introduced a few weeks earlier by Mitt Romney.

Five liberal tropes Ryan can eviscerate - Right Turn - The Washington Post

I don't care what his plan is. I don't live in America, so I shouldn't care, but I would actually worry if my American friends were to suffer, and I believe they would under the Republicans.

Suffer is a pretty relative term. Believe me__ both parties are offering their own brands of Suffer.

Interesting that our board Obamabots can't seem to really find fault with Ryan's program and are reduced to posting scartoons. Do you have any details on your objections or are you just hoping to scare someone?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/239824-ending-medicare-ryan-style-doesnt-save-any-money.html

Under the [Ryan] proposal, most elderly people who would be entitled to premium support payments would pay more for their health care than they would pay under the current Medicare system.

CBO | Long-Term Analysis of a Budget Proposal by Chairman Ryan

One may use what ever terms, phrases, or words he wishes: ‘significantly changes,’ ‘radically alters,’ ‘seriously undermines’ Medicare; the proverbial bottom line is the program known for the last 46 years will no longer exist.

Liberal Trope:

By now the details of the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan are well known. Avik Roy explains:

the Wyden-Ryan Medicare plan—so named because it was coauthored by progressive Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore.) —
gives those younger individuals the option of remaining in the traditional Medicare program,

The policy-wonk term for this approach is “competitive bidding,” an idea that originated with Democrats. The Wyden-Ryan plan is nearly identical to one that was introduced a few weeks earlier by Mitt Romney.

Younger than 55 will still have the option to stay with Medicare. The only difference is--they will now have CHOICES--that they can make. Health care is not a one size fits all. Never has been--never will be. The CHOICE to choose a type of plan that works for the individual--and not someone else--is a great idea.

Doing-Just-Fine.jpg

"If you have no record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Last edited:
Ultimately it will destroy Medicare.
His initial plan is to route as many tax dollars as possible to the private sector.

Liberal Trope:

Younger than 55 will still have the option to stay with Medicare. The only difference is--they will now have CHOICES--that they can make. Health care is not a one size fits all. Never has been--never will be. The CHOICE to choose a type of plan that works for the individual--and not someone else--is a great idea.

Doing-Just-Fine.jpg

"If you have no record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Some Choice

PaulRyanVouchers-duffycartoon.jpg

Not me. :eusa_hand:I believe he will destory those, who are 55 and under that will be so lucky to be under his Medicare voucher plan. "Only applies to those under 55"? Hell thats all my children. So he will spare me and destory my children and I am suppose to thank him and give him a blessing? FY and Ryan. :mad:

There will be no "traditional" medicare plan under Ryan plan. It is vouchers are none at all. You are confused with Obamacare and the medicare voucher plan.

You're the one who destroyed your children. You're the one who voted for a Ponzi scheme. You're the one who screamed bloody murder if any politician suggested curtailing any of your benefits. You're the one who is causing this country to go bankrupt. Ryan is simply the messenger, and you don't like the message because you know you are guilty as charged.

Last edited:
One may use what ever terms, phrases, or words he wishes: ‘significantly changes,’ ‘radically alters,’ ‘seriously undermines’ Medicare; the proverbial bottom line is the program known for the last 46 years will no longer exist.

That program is not sustainable. That means it can't continue to exist in its current form.

What part of "not sustainable" don't you understand?

That program is not sustainable. That means it can't continue to exist in its current form.

The part you're lying about.

what part is that?

[

Younger than 55 will still have the option to stay with Medicare. ]

That has to be bullshit.

IF Medicare is unsustainable, which is what is being claimed here, how can you fix it if you allow people to stay in it if they want to?

You're letting the people choose to perpetuate something you claim is unsustainable. That's nonsensical.

what part is that?

That it's not sustainable.

They have predicted insolvency dates for Medicare, assuming it was not altered, ever since it was created.

It has never gotten to any of those insolvency dates. Why is that?

Last edited:
[

Younger than 55 will still have the option to stay with Medicare. ]

That has to be bullshit.

IF Medicare is unsustainable, which is what is being claimed here, how can you fix it if you allow people to stay in it if they want to?

You're letting the people choose to perpetuate something you claim is unsustainable. That's nonsensical.

Medicare probably is unsustainable since Obama saw fit to loot it of 700 Billion dollars.

Forum List

Back