Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws

Maybe people are smarter than the news network that tried to influence a presidential election with forged documents and crooked democrats who never let a crisis go to waste. The problem is more about mental capacity than magazine capacity and most Americans know it.

"Apparently the people of CO aren't ruled by their irrational fear of inanimite objects."

This will probably be misinterpreted, but remember a firearm may be inanimate by itself and of course is not dangerous. In someone's hands, it is quite animate.
A gun is an object.
A person holding a gun is an event.

the right to Bare arms.

its says nothing about just guns

You would have to understand what the individual militia private would have carried, to understand what a firearm is.

ARMS

are you saying only the weapondry of the time should be legal now?

Arms would be firearms, the militiaman would carry one rifle that would be in common use of the day, ammo for the rifle, a side arm and ammo for the side arm, a knife. Militiamen did not carry cannons, or rockets, and yes they had rockets in those days.
Ever heard of the star spangle banner?

Where the 'right' to bear arms is far more important than preventing mass shootings.
The right to keep and bear arms does work, however it's those gun free zones that don't work.

The gun free zones that would prevent a mas shooting if a man took a gun into a gun free zone?

Making a place gun free does not mean someone won't bring a gun or two or three or four. On the flipside, these type of mass killings can happen anywhere, gun free zone or not. The basic truth is that very few people do or even want to carry around a firearm, so when one of these lunatics starts shooting at people, nobody can stop them.

As much as I would love to see guns eliminated and for nobody to have guns except for the police, there is a problem with that also. While we currently live with a stable government where we know the rule of law will be followed, there is no guarantee that this could not change at some point. When the people of a country feel the need for a revolution, they need to be armed or they will be slaughtered. Look at what is happening in Syria. Again, we are not Syria, but that could change because there just are no guarantees.

I will take this one step further. It is estimated that within 50 to 100 years, most of Europe will become majority Muslim. Most of Europe has pretty strict gun control laws. What happens if civil war breaks out in parts or all of Europe as it did in Lebanon when the Muslims became the majority and started killing Christians? If guns are brought in form outside of these countries by different Muslim factions, what will happen to those countries? Because we see ours as a stable government, and overall we are law abiding citizens, we think things will always be that way. Unfortunately, as a country, we have only been around for a little over 200 years. Again, there is no guarantee that things could not change at some point.

The right to keep and bear arms does work, however it's those gun free zones that don't work.

The gun free zones that would prevent a mas shooting if a man took a gun into a gun free zone?

Making a place gun free does not mean someone won't bring a gun or two or three or four. On the flipside, these type of mass killings can happen anywhere, gun free zone or not. The basic truth is that very few people do or even want to carry around a firearm, so when one of these lunatics starts shooting at people, nobody can stop them.

As much as I would love to see guns eliminated and for nobody to have guns except for the police, there is a problem with that also. While we currently live with a stable government where we know the rule of law will be followed, there is no guarantee that this could not change at some point. When the people of a country feel the need for a revolution, they need to be armed or they will be slaughtered. Look at what is happening in Syria. Again, we are not Syria, but that could change because there just are no guarantees.

I will take this one step further. It is estimated that within 50 to 100 years, most of Europe will become majority Muslim. Most of Europe has pretty strict gun control laws. What happens if civil war breaks out in parts or all of Europe as it did in Lebanon when the Muslims became the majority and started killing Christians? If guns are brought in form outside of these countries by different Muslim factions, what will happen to those countries? Because we see ours as a stable government, and overall we are law abiding citizens, we think things will always be that way. Unfortunately, as a country, we have only been around for a little over 200 years. Again, there is no guarantee that things could not change at some point.

Making a place gun free does not mean someone won't bring a gun or two or three or four. On the flipside, these type of mass killings can happen anywhere, gun free zone or not.

Really? Strange thing is they only happen at gun free zones. Ever heard of a mass shooting at a police department? Gun show? Gun range? Gun store?

As much as I would love to see guns eliminated and for nobody to have guns except for the police
If no one has a gun the secret service police, or military (while inside the U.S.) will no longer need them either.

if you think a theater filled with unarmed people against a lone gunman is scary, imagine a disarmed populace against a tyrannical government

Making a place gun free does not mean someone won't bring a gun or two or three or four. On the flipside, these type of mass killings can happen anywhere, gun free zone or not.

Really? Strange thing is they only happen at gun free zones. Ever heard of a mass shooting at a police department? Gun show? Gun range? Gun store?
There were ~3500 people at Camp Perry last week, each with an evil 'assault weapon'.
On commercial row, you could buy an 'assault weapon' directly form the manufacturer - and hundreds went out the door.
No crime. No mass shooting. No violence, other than lots and lots and lots of holes in paper.
How did that hapopen?

Last edited:

There were ~3500 people at Camp Perry last week, each with an evil 'assault weapon'.
On commercial row, you could buy an 'assault weapon' directly form the manufacturer - and hundreds went out the door.
No crime. No mass shooting. No violence, other than lots and lots and lots of holes in paper.
How did that hapopen?

With all those evil guns no one was shot?

As much as I would love to see guns eliminated and for nobody to have guns except for the police
If no one has a gun the secret service police, or military (while inside the U.S.) will no longer need them either.

I heard of an attempt...

Claim: Thief who tries to rob a gun shop is shot dead by those in the store.

TRUE

snopes.com: Gun Shop Robber

I heard of an attempt...

Claim: Thief who tries to rob a gun shop is shot dead by those in the store.

TRUE

snopes.com: Gun Shop Robber

It wasn';t a mass shooting where unarmed citizens were killed now was it? :badgrin:

Mass shooting alert

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVKsVXNPp_8]Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot June 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I think the vast majority of Americans concede that we are long overdue for some overarching restrictions on this second amendment right. I got it, it's everyone's constitutional right, and I agree but as members of a civilized society we are inelligent enough to process ALL relevant data from recent history and adapt this dated amendment. The challenge is working past the constitutionality of regulating this as the firearms control regulations act of 1975 has demonstrated. In this instance it was deemed that banning firearms in certain venues was unconstitutional? I don't know,maybe we should take a look at this attempt at regulation and go from there?

Forum List

Back