Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws

It must be a conspiracy

Conducted from July 31 to August 6, the poll shows the majority of likely voters in all three swing states do not favor stricter regulations for gun sales.

Voters in Colorado, where a gunman last month killed 12 and injured many more when he opened fire in a crowded movie theater, were most likely to favor keeping gun laws exactly as they are, with just 38 percent wanting stricter gun sales in their state. Sixty-six percent of voters in that state also said they do not believe harsher gun laws would curtail future shooting sprees; 60 percent of Virginia voters and 57 percent of Wisconsin voters share that view.

Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws - CBS News

Because secretly we gun owners are saying to ourselves, "I wish they would try that with me."

Exactly. The hero-wanabes live in a fantasy Rambo World where they stand up in a hail of bullets that never hit them and Take Out The Bad Guy. They would then be America's Hero, interviewed by their own heroes - O'Reilly and lushbo. Their wives would once again be willing to have sex with them and their neighbors would idolize them.

BTW, I own guns and don't share this childish, Mighty Mouse fantasy but I do believe you are correct. But, the mass shootings continue and no heroes stand up to Save The Day and Get The Girl.

Why?

Because carrying a gun does not make one brave or a hero. Nor does it give anyone the balls they didn't have before they strapped on their John Wayne costume.

Few are standing up to them because there are so few that actually carry. That is a good thing though because there are so few that actually know what they are doing.

Not to mention there ARE examples of this, you’re just conveniently ignoring them. They don’t make national headlines because there is no mass tragedy.

Im simply proposing more in terms of the vetting process in screening applicants for violent crimes and further restricting concealed weapons (on person) unless exigent circumstances exist. I carry my glock in a pelican case transported in the trunk of my car. I dont get the whole concealed weapon thing, a bit ridiculous unless you live in Mogadishu or Beirut.

I dont propose that ATF agents break into your homes in the middle of the night and seize all privately owned firearms yet I am engaged in discussion as if this is my intent, the fear does not lie with me, it apparently lies with the insecure folks whose liberty is being trampled upon for overdue legislation.....whatever.

Dude I hate to say it but your post is laughable you say you have a firearm but you transport it in the trunk? Why even have one if you place it there?

I transport it in the trunk when I go to the range because I enjoy shooting recreationally in a controlled and safe environment, why the hell would I carry it around ? I'm not a licensed peace officer and I do not live in Mogadishu. Also, I do not suffer from low self-esteem or delusions of grandeur.

You do suffer delusion No need to practice when you don't carry nor think you will never need it to defend yourself. I on the other hand enjoy shooting because I carry, nor do I suffer from low self-esteem unlike you I don't live in a liberal fairy tale world that nothing bad happens. My advise for you is get rid of your firearm your going to get hurt and someone will take it from you.

Im simply proposing more in terms of the vetting process in screening applicants for violent crimes and further restricting concealed weapons (on person) unless exigent circumstances exist. I carry my glock in a pelican case transported in the trunk of my car. I dont get the whole concealed weapon thing, a bit ridiculous unless you live in Mogadishu or Beirut.

I dont propose that ATF agents break into your homes in the middle of the night and seize all privately owned firearms yet I am engaged in discussion as if this is my intent, the fear does not lie with me, it apparently lies with the insecure folks whose liberty is being trampled upon for overdue legislation.....whatever.

Dude I hate to say it but your post is laughable you say you have a firearm but you transport it in the trunk? Why even have one if you place it there?

I transport it in the trunk when I go to the range because I enjoy shooting recreationally in a controlled and safe environment, why the hell would I carry it around ? I'm not a licensed peace officer and I do not live in Mogadishu. Also, I do not suffer from low self-esteem or delusions of grandeur.

You transport a gun in your trunk? Wonderful... And if you get car jacked how do you suppose you would be helping rid criminals of illegally obtained firearms? You wouldn't be helping, you'd be part of the problem.

You transport a gun in your trunk? Wonderful... And if you get car jacked how do you suppose you would be helping rid criminals of illegally obtained firearms? You wouldn't be helping, you'd be part of the problem.
Exactly that's why I told him he needs to get rid of his gun he doesn't need it and his firearm could be taken away from him, and used in a crime.

When I leave the house armed it does not leave my side just for that reason.

Exactly that's why I told him he needs to get rid of his gun he doesn't need it and his firearm could be taken away from him, and used in a crime.

Yeah... Leaving a weapon in a car is not a good idea at all. I wonder what statistics would say about that being a prime factor in criminals obtaining firearms... I bet the percentage would be quite high.

Yeah... Leaving a weapon in a car is not a good idea at all. I wonder what statistics would say about that being a prime factor in criminals obtaining firearms... I bet the percentage would be quite high.

to be honest I think he said he transported it in his trunk, which is a bad thing as you said he may get carjacked his gun is no longer doing him any good but will be used in a crime some where else. That shit pisses me off these high and mighty types I have a gun but I keep it in the trunk of my car I don't need it but explain that to the family that lost a mother father or child because your gun was taken away from you, because you had it in your trunk and your car was stolen.

to be honest I think he said he transported it in his trunk, which is a bad thing as you said he may get carjacked his gun is no longer doing him any good but will be used in a crime some where else. That shit pisses me off these high and mighty types I have a gun but I keep it in the trunk of my car I don't need it but explain that to the family that lost a mother father or child because your gun was taken away from you, because you had it in your trunk and your car was stolen.

projecting.....dismissed.

projecting.....dismissed.

Projecting?How will you keep your gun from being taken away from you if you get car jacked? what you will be doing you fucking sintomas pompous asshole is giving your gun to criminals because you couldn't defend against it.

Leaving what weapon in the car?, I transport my Beretta 92FS in the trunk of my car when I go to the range, I then remove it upon completion of my shooting session and return it to it's permanent storage location which is a secure locker underneath my bed. I keep it in the trunk only during the transport to and from the range. Growing up in California and shooting as a youth I was taught to pay careful attention to the statutes governing firearms AND their transport. Being raised to follow penal code 12025, I was made to understand that handguns had to be transported in a "locked container" which means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1. Now did I need to explain further or.....will that do for now??

Anymore brainbusters for me gentlemen?????

Leaving what weapon in the car?, I transport my Beretta 92FS in the trunk of my car when I go to the range, I then remove it upon completion of my shooting session and return it to it's permanent storage location which is a secure locker underneath my bed. I keep it in the trunk only during the transport to and from the range. Growing up in California and shooting as a youth I was taught to pay careful attention to the statutes governing firearms AND their transport. Being raised to follow penal code 12025, I was made to understand that handguns had to be transported in a "locked container" which means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1. Now did I need to explain further or.....will that do for now??

Leaving what weapon in the car?, I transport my Beretta 92FS in the trunk of my car when I go to the range, I then remove it upon completion of my shooting session and return it to it's permanent storage location which is a secure locker underneath my bed.

Here's the problem your gun is locked up in the trunk, you get car jacked your gun is locked up in the trunk and is now in the hands of criminals. I call you stupid. and advise you to turn your gun in.

Leaving what weapon in the car?, I transport my Beretta 92FS in the trunk of my car when I go to the range, I then remove it upon completion of my shooting session and return it to it's permanent storage location which is a secure locker underneath my bed.

Here's the problem your gun is locked up in the trunk, you get car jacked your gun is locked up in the trunk and is now in the hands of criminals. I call you stupid. and advise you to turn your gun in.

How about I obey the law and not get people hurt in the event of a random traffic stop which is far more likely than a uhmm...carjacking..lol. Seeing as how I drive a relatively inexpensive vehicle and live in a middle class neighborhood, I'll take my chances on having my weapon stolen in a carjacking. BTW, carjackings peaked in the mid 1990s during which time the annual average for the US was 35,000 occurrences of which only half were successful. Even at that time, less than 1% of the US population was at risk of being a carjack victim.

I support higher education.

The right to keep and bear arms does work, however it's those gun free zones that don't work.

Yes because in European countries where people don't have that "right to bear arms" there are public shootings every day ...

oh wait (and this is with Russia also included in Europe)

School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can see the right of self defence as a reason for wearing a gun, but saying that you can police the street better by wearing a gun than the Army & Police (who re trained to do that) is bullshit imao.

Yep, the streets re safer now ... and the gun works alright: the problem is that not everyones brain works alright, you can indeed not blame the gun for this. But the fact that the law allows everyone a gun does make it a heck of a lot easier for a moron to do stupid things with a gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if you want a safer prison: would you also give every prisoner a gun to make the prison in general safer? And do you really believe the 1 innocent prisoner will be safer by him having a gun and the rest also having a gun? Unless his name is Rambo, I doubt that ...

Yet this is the logic that is followed by the rightwing to make the community safer

the dangerous and unstable people get more dangerous and more unstable with guns, the non-dangerous and stable people don't get more undangerous or stable though ... quite the opposite if you ask me

Last edited:

How about I obey the law and not get people hurt in the event of a random traffic stop which is far more likely than a uhmm...carjacking..lol. Seeing as how I drive a relatively inexpensive vehicle and live in a middle class neighborhood, I'll take my chances on having my weapon stolen in a carjacking. BTW, carjackings peaked in the mid 1990s during which time the annual average for the US was 35,000 occurrences of which only half were successful. Even at that time, less than 1% of the US population was at risk of being a carjack victim.

I support higher education.

Yes I would suggest you get some education even though you say that you support higher education I suggest any education will help you.

Now someone lied to you about carjackings

According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), Albuquerque, New Mexico ranked in the nation's top ten cities for auto theft in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Although the state's largest metropolitan area moved from 7th highest motor vehicle theft rates in 2007 to 8th in 2008 to 10th in 2009, auto theft continues to be a booming business for car thieves in New Mexico.

New Mexico Auto Theft Statistics

The right to keep and bear arms does work, however it's those gun free zones that don't work.

Yes because in European countries where people don't have that "right to bear arms" there are public shootings every day ...

oh wait (and this is with Russia also included in Europe)

School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can see the right of self defence as a reason for wearing a gun, but saying that you can police the street better by wearing a gun than the Army & Police (who re trained to do that) is bullshit imao.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuuw8pT5ny0]Drunk Shotgun Fail - YouTube[/ame]
Yep, the streets re safer now ... and the gun works alright: the problem is that not everyones brain works alright, you can indeed not blame the gun for this. But the fact that the law allows everyone a gun does make it a heck of a lot easier for a moron to do stupid things with a gun.

I love discussing the second amendment with people like you it never turns out so good for them and they go away with a butt hurt feeling. I will be easy for your first time.
No Europe doesn't have shootings everyday, but they do have shootings, yes? and they do lead in knife crimes, yes?

Imagine if you want a safer prison: would you also give every prisoner a gun to make the prison in general safer? And do you really believe the 1 innocent prisoner will be safer by him having a gun and the rest also having a gun? Unless his name is Rambo, I doubt that ...

Yet this is the logic that is followed by the rightwing to make the community safer

the dangerous and unstable people get more dangerous and more unstable with guns, the non-dangerous and stable people don't get more undangerous or stable though ... quite the opposite if you ask me

I don't give a rats ass about safe prisons, they can shank each other all they want, oh yes there's that no firearms thing yet people are killed in prison.

Hm.
Please explain then why crime goes down when more people legally carry guns.

I can just imagine half of the people in this forum walking around their hometown shopping mall with a loaded desert eagle in the strong side belt holster as well as a compact service revolver, snub nose or the like concealed elsewhere on their person. They may even have a utility belt of sorts which holds their BCT15X multiple police band scanner, you never know when an active shooter event occurs and you have to be ready to assist local law enforcement You can see where I'm going with this, so I'll spare you the details of what they drive...

I don't give a rats ass about safe prisons, they can shank each other all they want, oh yes there's that no firearms thing yet people are killed in prison.

You will when in 20 yrs white males no longer run this country and you have to commit crime to survive

I can just imagine half of the people in this forum walking around their hometown shopping mall with a loaded desert eagle in the strong side belt holster as well as a compact service revolver, snub nose or the like concealed elsewhere on their person. They may even have a utility belt of sorts which holds their BCT15X multiple police band scanner, you never know when an active shooter event occurs and you have to be ready to assist local law enforcement You can see where I'm going with this, so I'll spare you the details of what they drive...

You are the extreme of the extreme why must mentally exaggerate what people do? Is that what you dream it's like for people who have no problem open carrying? They have a scanner and go to police calls? I have no doubt you have a gun but you main consider a paintball gun a gun but it's not what I would use as a firearm.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back