Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws

tough shit, be inconvenienced more and accept civic responsibility in the interest of the greater good. bad apples are getting guns too damn easy, we all have to take a hit ....ya that's where the civic duty part comes in

Civic responsibility like Eric Holder's DOJ walking guns into Mexico resulting in the death of Brian Terry? Spare me the bullshit. Law abiding citizens have been inconvenienced by you gun grabbing loons long enough, enforce the Laws that already exist and keep your paws off of my Freedoms. The Second Amendment wasn't about protecting yourself from criminals, it was about keeping power in the hands of the people so that one day some Politician doesn't decide he wants to stay in power a bit longer than the Constitution allows. Civic duty is protecting the freedoms this Nation was Founded upon, not altering our Laws to fit some people's twisted utopian ideologies. Sometimes tragedies do happen, but you don't let emotions trump rational thought whenever a tragedy occurs. Once you give up your Freedoms, it's damn hard to get them back.

Gun grabbing loon?? I shoot at least once a month for recreational purposes, and at least annually I qualify with both my assigned M9 pistol and M-14 carbine. My viewpoint is not simply the knee jerk reaction of an "emotional" progressive, or liberal after this most recent mass murder. My viewpoint has changed over the past ten years after seeing far too much unnecessary bloodshed in this nation as well as many third world nations where everyone carries a firearm. Anything that may help reduce this bloodshed is worth a look in my opinion, I don't know what that may entail, but I'm not so closed minded as I once was after seeing what I have seen over the past 10 years.

Knee jerk reaction would be calling for more gun control after a mass shooting. Your last couple of posts are knee jerk reactions.

Another knee jerk reaction was obama clinton and holder saying something had to be done to help mexico with their gun problem and gun going into mexico from the US. when we find out it was the government doing it .

Last edited:
My position has evolved over time as I do feel that more should be done to regulate the sale of firearms, I don't propose to remove the inherent right to bear arms. I represent the changing silent majority that recognizes this growing problem, people like myself are evolving in our thoughts day by day, prepare your arguments, they are growing weaker with every crazed mass shooting event.

My position has evolved over time as I do feel that more should be done to regulate the sale of firearms, I don't propose to remove the inherent right to bear arms. I represent the changing silent majority that recognizes this growing problem, people like myself are evolving in our thoughts day by day, prepare your arguments, they are growing weaker with every crazed mass shooting event.

You do realize this thread is about a poll on gun control. Even after the mass shootings they don't want gun control.

You do realize this thread is about a poll on gun control. Even after the mass shootings they don't want gun control.

Ya, all encompassing poll there, roughly 4300 people from three states, about .000043% of the N. American population. With stats like that I am truly convinced.

It must be a conspiracy

Conducted from July 31 to August 6, the poll shows the majority of likely voters in all three swing states do not favor stricter regulations for gun sales.

Voters in Colorado, where a gunman last month killed 12 and injured many more when he opened fire in a crowded movie theater, were most likely to favor keeping gun laws exactly as they are, with just 38 percent wanting stricter gun sales in their state. Sixty-six percent of voters in that state also said they do not believe harsher gun laws would curtail future shooting sprees; 60 percent of Virginia voters and 57 percent of Wisconsin voters share that view.

Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws - CBS News

Because secretly we gun owners are saying to ourselves, "I wish they would try that with me."

Let's go ahead and just eliminate background checks then too...
As background checks are a form of prior restraint - which always violates the Constitution - that makes perfect sense.

ya, most people with a record would surely disclose their criminal records, background checks wouldn't be needed anyways because all Americans are genuinely honest, good people, and besides a few bodies at the expense of protecting the integrity of our most sacred documnent is worth it to me...

Note sarcasm

Ya, all encompassing poll there, roughly 4300 people from three states, about .000043% of the N. American population. With stats like that I am truly convinced.

It's a poll dealing with three states that had mass shootings. Try again.

Let's go ahead and just eliminate background checks then too...
As background checks are a form of prior restraint - which always violates the Constitution - that makes perfect sense.
ya, most people with a record would surely disclose their criminal records, background checks wouldn't be needed anyways because all Americans are genuinely honest, good people, and besides a few bodies at the expense of protecting the integrity of our most sacred documnent is worth it to me...
Why are you so happy to sacrifice the constitution for your own, false, sense of security?

It must be a conspiracy

Conducted from July 31 to August 6, the poll shows the majority of likely voters in all three swing states do not favor stricter regulations for gun sales.

Voters in Colorado, where a gunman last month killed 12 and injured many more when he opened fire in a crowded movie theater, were most likely to favor keeping gun laws exactly as they are, with just 38 percent wanting stricter gun sales in their state. Sixty-six percent of voters in that state also said they do not believe harsher gun laws would curtail future shooting sprees; 60 percent of Virginia voters and 57 percent of Wisconsin voters share that view.

Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws - CBS News

Because secretly we gun owners are saying to ourselves, "I wish they would try that with me."

Exactly. The hero-wanabes live in a fantasy Rambo World where they stand up in a hail of bullets that never hit them and Take Out The Bad Guy. They would then be America's Hero, interviewed by their own heroes - O'Reilly and lushbo. Their wives would once again be willing to have sex with them and their neighbors would idolize them.

BTW, I own guns and don't share this childish, Mighty Mouse fantasy but I do believe you are correct. But, the mass shootings continue and no heroes stand up to Save The Day and Get The Girl.

Why?

Because carrying a gun does not make one brave or a hero. Nor does it give anyone the balls they didn't have before they strapped on their John Wayne costume.

It must be a conspiracy

Exactly. The hero-wanabes live in a fantasy Rambo World where they stand up in a hail of bullets that never hit them and Take Out The Bad Guy. They would then be America's Hero, interviewed by their own heroes - O'Reilly and lushbo. Their wives would once again be willing to have sex with them and their neighbors would idolize them.

BTW, I own guns and don't share this childish, Mighty Mouse fantasy but I do believe you are correct. But, the mass shootings continue and no heroes stand up to Save The Day and Get The Girl.

Why?

Because carrying a gun does not make one brave or a hero. Nor does it give anyone the balls they didn't have before they strapped on their John Wayne costume.
But, the mass shootings continue and no heroes stand up to Save The Day and Get The Girl
You should reconsider what you wrote. Remember mass shootings happen in gun free zones, and carrying a gun also carries a stigma from people like you.

It must be a conspiracy

Why?

Oh, trust me. After two combat deployments in the Marine Corps Infantry I don’t need to kill a crazy wacko who has the intent of my death, or serious bodily harm, to fill some imaginary void that you think exists. The point of my comment was to, at least the ends of it, was to think about how gratifying it would be to stop a mass killing and prove once and for all that guns can stop guns. Notice that in every scenario where there is a mass killing everyone else is unarmed. If that were to happen to me, his first shot would likely be his last.

Mass shooting = News and calls for gun control
Mass shooting stopped by gun owner = Ignored by the networks

The mentality of the gun grabber this idiot said semi automatic pull twiggier once and propels a number of bullet in minutes? She forgot one process you have to keep pulling that twiggier. Also I wonder if she realizes a revolver functions just like a semi automatic?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEpO40PaeM]Idiot wants to ban guns 2 - YouTube[/ame]

The mentality of the gun grabber this idiot said semi automatic pull twiggier once and propels a number of bullet in minutes? She forgot one process you have to keep pulling that twiggier. Also I wonder if she realizes a revolver functions just like a semi automatic?

Idiot wants to ban guns 2 - YouTube

Gun rights seem to be the only rights that the state openly harasses you for exercising. There are hundreds of little jewels like this video on youtube.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXwP02Dkp7A]Police Confront Man for Open Carrying Firearm Legally - YouTube[/ame]

It must be a conspiracy

Why?

I have never been on a message board where you have to choose to make private messages, private, and i dont know how to do it here

I need to know what it is you are trying to tell me, as we are badly outnumbered here not only by vile filth but by those in charge

I am very excited and enthused to see that so many liberals are ready to aggressively pursue the gangs and thugs in general that commit the vast majority of crime (and especially gun crime) in this country. So...where shall we start? Mandatory minimums for criminals using a firearm in the commission of a violent crime?

I am very excited and enthused to see that so many liberals are ready to aggressively pursue the gangs and thugs in general that commit the vast majority of crime (and especially gun crime) in this country. So...where shall we start? Mandatory minimums for criminals using a firearm in the commission of a violent crime?

They are afarid of doing that, it may be against their voters base.

Im simply proposing more in terms of the vetting process in screening applicants for violent crimes and further restricting concealed weapons (on person) unless exigent circumstances exist. I carry my glock in a pelican case transported in the trunk of my car. I dont get the whole concealed weapon thing, a bit ridiculous unless you live in Mogadishu or Beirut.

I dont propose that ATF agents break into your homes in the middle of the night and seize all privately owned firearms yet I am engaged in discussion as if this is my intent, the fear does not lie with me, it apparently lies with the insecure folks whose liberty is being trampled upon for overdue legislation.....whatever.

Im simply proposing more in terms of the vetting process in screening applicants for violent crimes and further restricting concealed weapons (on person) unless exigent circumstances exist. I carry my glock in a pelican case transported in the trunk of my car. I dont get the whole concealed weapon thing, a bit ridiculous unless you live in Mogadishu or Beirut.

I dont propose that ATF agents break into your homes in the middle of the night and seize all privately owned firearms yet I am engaged in discussion as if this is my intent, the fear does not lie with me, it apparently lies with the insecure folks whose liberty is being trampled upon for overdue legislation.....whatever.

Dude I hate to say it but your post is laughable you say you have a firearm but you transport it in the trunk? Why even have one if you place it there?

Dude I hate to say it but your post is laughable you say you have a firearm but you transport it in the trunk? Why even have one if you place it there?

I transport it in the trunk when I go to the range because I enjoy shooting recreationally in a controlled and safe environment, why the hell would I carry it around ? I'm not a licensed peace officer and I do not live in Mogadishu. Also, I do not suffer from low self-esteem or delusions of grandeur.

Forum List

Back