Poll: Despite mass shooting, most Colo. voters don't favor stricter gun laws

I don't give a rats ass about safe prisons, they can shank each other all they want, oh yes there's that no firearms thing yet people are killed in prison.

You will when in 20 yrs white males no longer run this country and you have to commit crime to survive

I'm concerned that you think America will be here 20 years from now.

I can just imagine half of the people in this forum walking around their hometown shopping mall with a loaded desert eagle in the strong side belt holster as well as a compact service revolver, snub nose or the like concealed elsewhere on their person. They may even have a utility belt of sorts which holds their BCT15X multiple police band scanner, you never know when an active shooter event occurs and you have to be ready to assist local law enforcement You can see where I'm going with this, so I'll spare you the details of what they drive...

People do not carry to ‘help’ the police and it is in this misguided (and asinine) belief that concealed carriers are vigilantes that has you confused about why your right to a weapon helps reduce crime. Simply put, you carry for your own protection and safety and that of others IMMEDIATELY around you. You don’t go looking for crime, you stop it from catching you. The idea that you would be safer if ONLY the law abiding people were not carrying is completely ridiculous. You have to accept that the ‘bad guys’ have weapons. This is a simple fact. That those same people have no problems attaining weapons even when laws are in place that do not allow them to have such weapons. The only thing that stands between them and you IS yourself. Period. The police DO NOT prevent crimes. They DO NOT stop crimes. They catch the criminals after the fact.

I can just imagine half of the people in this forum walking around their hometown shopping mall with a loaded desert eagle in the strong side belt holster as well as a compact service revolver, snub nose or the like concealed elsewhere on their person. They may even have a utility belt of sorts which holds their BCT15X multiple police band scanner, you never know when an active shooter event occurs and you have to be ready to assist local law enforcement You can see where I'm going with this, so I'll spare you the details of what they drive...
You are the extreme of the extreme why must mentally exaggerate what people do?
Fallacy: Straw Man

I find it funny that he knows the model number of a scanner he must have one.:badgrin:

BCT15X

Very true, straw man, just a side bar commentary. The point is, I don't necessarily fall into the category that I have been placed either, I'm a gun owner, just of a different viewpoint than many in this forum.

I do feel that SOMETHING should be done to help mitigate or stem gun violence in this country, I don't necessarily know what that SOMETHING is, but I think that legislators have a responsibility to take a long and hard look at this. It can be done while preserving our
2nd amendment rights.

Very true, straw man, just a side bar commentary. The point is, I don't necessarily fall into the category that I have been placed either, I'm a gun owner, just of a different viewpoint than many in this forum.

I do feel that SOMETHING should be done to help mitigate or stem gun violence in this country, I don't necessarily know what that SOMETHING is, but I think that legislators have a responsibility to take a long and hard look at this. It can be done while preserving our
2nd amendment rights.

The only thing that should be done is lock criminals up kill those who need to be killed and be done with it.

2nd amendment rights.

The only thing that should be done is lock criminals up kill those who need to be killed and be done with it.

I would have agreed if it was 1992, but have you not noticed a significant rise in mass shootings and gun violence in general in the past 20 years?

2nd amendment rights.

I would have agreed if it was 1992, but have you not noticed a significant rise in mass shootings and gun violence in general in the past 20 years?

time of year hasn't got a damn thing too do with it. oh and yes if the government can allow gun to cross over to terrorist in Mexico they can support these types of mass shootings.

Last edited:

I do feel that SOMETHING should be done to help mitigate or stem gun violence in this country...
Gun violence now is -significantly- smaller in scale than 20 years ago, with a lot more guns on the street. Not sure where the problem is, but it certainly isn't the ease with which law-abiding citizens can exercise their right to arms.

2nd amendment rights.

Sure. Most people here don’t actually have a problem with the government doing something at all. The problem is that gun control has been shown to not be that something as it does not lead to reduced crime or homicides. Given the fact that there has been a massive number of regulations across a wide spectrum of circumstances this data should be easy to attain and obvious in its conclusion. It is not.

What ever happened to the government actually having to show god reason to infringe on our rights? I guess that is not the case in gun laws right? They just have to show that something could possibly have an impact is some manner.

Forum List

Back