Politics from the Pulpit

These 35 churches are just the first ones to challange the law, and happen to be Republican.

and? my comment was in relation to these churches. youre stupid comment about me saying only repubs go to church was just that: stupid. but why dont you try to actually defend your idea that pastors can preach politics while on God's time instead of trying to discredit me.

:lol: Typical Liberal. "You can't be judgmental." Well I am. Be warned of your fate, baby killer.

do you actually believe the shit you write? jesus told you not to judge. but why would you let a little thing like that get in the way of your dumb opinions

The only thing houses of worship may not do is endorse or oppose candidates for public office or use their resources in partisan campaigns. This restriction, which is found in federal tax law, is not limited to churches and other religious ministries. In fact, it is applied to every non-profit organization in the country that holds a tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

The law is the law. ............... It's not that difficult to understand. Yes, those who practice religion certainly have a right to support their candidate...... but a religious leader, sheltered under the tax-exempt umbrella, may not violate the law providing that shelteer by public endorsement or opposition of a candidate.

John 7:24 (NAB)
"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." :D

do you know what that verse means? Jesus said it when the pharisees were mad because he healed on the sabbath. he was telling them to follow the spirit of the law, not the exact letter.
we must not judge concerning any by their outward appearance, but by their worth, and by the gifts and graces of God's spirit in them.

You know, I've nothing against people who are devout to their faith, entering into politics. Nor, do I have anything against them participating in the democratic process in their own way.

However........

People who are leaders of their church, usually hold quite a bit of sway over those that they are leading. Generally, whatever the preacher says is believed and accepted by the congregation. If not, then the congregation finds another preacher, or, the individual finds another church.

If you ask your preacher privately about his/her political views, fine. Matter of fact, have a discussion with them to find out their views.

Just keep it out of the pulpit, because then it is actually an abuse of the position given to them by their congregation. And....if your preacher has some off the wall views a la Reverend Wright, then you've just had the whole congregation infected with fucked up views.

Another place where a person who was a leader of a church politicized their views.......Waco Tx.

With all the crap currently in our political system, do you REALLY need to put religion into an already volatile mix?

do you know what that verse means? Jesus said it when the pharisees were mad because he healed on the sabbath. he was telling them to follow the spirit of the law, not the exact letter.
we must not judge concerning any by their outward appearance, but by their worth, and by the gifts and graces of God's spirit in them.
The spirit tells me that all baby killers and their enablers go to Hell.

Wow.

If you listen to the libs in this place abolition would have been a non-starter.

But then...it was the democrats of those days too.

Then you should understand that due to the Democrat policy on abortion, all Democrats will go to hell.

what a load of crap. let me guess you are for limiting abortion rights to victims of incest and/or rape? Why does the same party that fights abortion...have bumpersticks saying....Cant feed them dont breed them. Seems the gop policy of no sex education isnt working.

Forum List

Back